Ultimate sativa.. "Project Pipe Dream"

Ya, well first let’s hope luck is with us on the seeds getting to you. Will just use a standard padded envelope from the PO, with something like a CD or handkerchief to sorta hide them. Now if you ever get the Durban Thai High Flyer to grow, and make some seeds, put me on the waiting list. 20 years old, that would be remarkable to get them to sprout.

1 Like

Here’s my problem…

If you’ve never tried aficionado then you shouldn’t have any bias against them. I thought the same thing… Like wow these are expensive, then seeing what they put out is simply high quality. Dont knock it until you try it. Some of the stuff in the breeding program isnt the 600 dollar packs. I used Magnum Opus as an example, other lines like White Cherry Truffle or Rose Especial are half of that.

I used to have Bruce Banner sold it to a dispensary and I smoked that its a good buzz. And I’ve smoked GTH, they are not that great. Killer Orange in comparison to those simply crushed them, its like smoking a dab to me. Yes its that strong. I usually smoke chemdawg 4 and that’s 24% and Killer Orange IS stronger, and lasts longer. I’m talking hours my only complaint is its a creeper, so when it finally hits… hang on!

I’m not trying to change your viewpoint at all, but I know what works, I have proof of what works. This is my experience with these high test cultivars. GTH GG4 or Bruce Banner just doesn’t compare to Killer Orange.

This isn’t about theory, its about my real world experience.

3 Likes

Yeah I got bad news on the durban Thai High flyer, I received the package yesterday and it was placed in a piece of cardboard labeled Durban Thai highflyer on one side and C99 on the other well the c99 seeds were in there but on the DTHF side it was empty! No seeds… I was disappointed to say the least as I was hyped up about those after I read up on them.
I don’t know what might have happened either he simply forgot to put them in the package or some how they fell out when he packaged them. I even searched inside the envelope looking for loose seeds. I messaged him to let him know they were not in the package but I have not heard back from him yet. Yeah I was bummed about that one… It was still a nice gesture of him and I did get the c99 x amnesia seeds though.

I agree with this comment some have very interesting terpene profiles that make it amazing. Citrus Sap comes to mind, it only tests at 17 % but I thought it was very good smoke. I think the Tangie comes into play.

However:

THCA is a good way of measuring strength, not only do I quantitative test for THC, we also qualitative test. I have been handing out lots of samples of KO and its got nothing but great feedback, people ask just for KO.

Its had great feedback and shows a high test.

Harvested a Female Seeds fem C 99 last Wednesday. One of the biggest buds I’ve grown inside. Of course now shrinkage has set in. What looked like 3.5 oz is, now that they are in a paper bag, looking like about 2 oz. Some have put down Female Seeds, but last year I ran two of their C 99 and two grapefruit, and they flew away! A friend took it all. Also, mine smelled of peaches, not pineapple. Tried telling about this on another forum, and was met with doubt. While curing the smell developed into apricot. The current one smells like Fruit Punch, not one thing, just smells tasty and tropical.

1 Like

Well Mr. GrowerGoneWild, darn it, but you have now got my interest. Where can I take a look at the offerings from Aficionado? I absolutely believe that their strains are outstanding. Maybe one of the lesser priced strains would be affordable for me. Would have to wait until summer due to lack of funds at the present. Just live on retirement in winter, but still do a little agricultural work for pay in the growing season here. I’m glad we have some common ground on enjoyability being important, in addition to raw strength. peace

I never knocked Aficionado’s quality brother, I simply don’t agree with their pricing is all. That has nothing to do with the quality of their seeds. I would not buy any seeds for that cost no matter how good or high they are in THC. My only bias is the $$$ COST $$$ . That is my only bias, I don’t need to try their product to make that determination.
Let’s say my favorite strain was available to me, but it would cost me $600 for a pack of seeds, I personally could not justify in my mind buying them, But that is just me, There are others such as you that can justify it in your mind and that is fine. To each his own. I have no problem at all with anyone else spending however much they wanted on a pack of seeds. More power to them. I’m just not one of those people. I truly hope that your breeding collaboration projects have great success and by what you say that seems to be the case, I’m happy for ya…

I go to Emerald cup in California for Afi seeds.

Afi has been working some really interesting terpene profiles, the Rose Especial, Zkittlez with Long Valley Royal Kush. really cool stuff.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m on the East Coast, won’t be traveling out that way. I’ll look around the net, maybe they are being distributed by someone who has made seeds of their strains.

Cost is irrelevant, I can make up the cost of the seeds many times over putting a premium product on the market. If I have to spend more so I can save time and space on a grow, then its worth it to me.

Yeah there’s F1’s of their stuff floating around the auction sites. hey we do it too. but the seeds are not for sale.

I think Rafa sent ya a great strain If it is the same Guatemala Sativa used to made the original Guawi n Tikal…

I did find one of their strains on the seedfinder site: http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Mrs_Banner/Aficionado_Seed_Bank/

They are actually reasonable compared to most of their strains, 15 seeds $75 I’m assuming it is one of their older strain releases is why.

1 Like

sorry I meant to post that to limota

Here is a link to a seller also I posted one a little while ago to GGW by accident, Here is another link for you to check out: https://www.seedsherenow.com/breeders/aficionado-seeds.html?limit=all

Could be. Funny how things went between me and CBG. First I thought Rafa was always irritated with me, like if I asked some questions, but soon realized that since I don’t speak Spanish, he was going out of his way to understand me in English. Then, after 2 or 3 purchases, wam, here come the freebies. I mean, one order, for about $100., he put in about 5 or 6 extra packs, all good stuff. Can’t say enough good about CBG.

2 Likes

Rafa Sounds like good people, I’ve only bought one CBG strain and that was Peyote purple and I must say it is one beautiful flower, actually the pic in my sig is of a peyote purple bud! To be honest Almost all of CBG’s strains look very appealing to me, I love that they work with landraces, I heard that CBG and ACE used to work together, but that they no longer do and that it has possibly had a negative effect on Ace’s products. That is just what I read somewheres though.

Yeah I have thought the same about MiG, I thought he was irritated or coming off as brash but he explained to me that it was just due to him translating from his native tongue of spanish to english that made it come off that way to me sometimes. Hey they are doing better than I can at least they can understand english as a second language, I’m just a dumb american that only knows english though my father speaks spanish fluently as his mother only spoke spanish…

Thank you. Just got back from checking the link. Saw some Old Time Moonshine from Mosca, at 5 for $42. regulars. Yes, Rafa seems to be the point of sale man for those who, like me, are unable to buy from their site. What he does, is you email him: rafamartin-ez@hotmail.com, and ask for the seed list. He will send you a pretty big list, not just everything CBG has, but a lot of others, like AsturJaya, TH Seeds, Original Delecatessen and a bunch of others. The prices are great for most of the banks, though some charge quite a lot. Like the one that was from Switzerland, forget their name, but Sweet Pink Grapefruit is pretty pricey. I really like the Panama Haze from Ace. Just heard from my sisters, lil brother is gone. I’m signing off. Peace

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about your brother, Once again my prayers are with you and your family… I had just prayed for him a few hours ago…