Ultra sonic dog shutter upperer!

Sorry this isn’t about weed,
but could anybody point me in the right direction on how to make a device that will shut my neighbours yappy fucking dog up.
It barks none stop for 8 hours a day I’m absolutely sick of it. I was thinking about making it a cookie or something but I’d be found out :sweat_smile:
I’ve watched a few vids on youtube but they wern’t up to much.
I also thought about buying a snake and making a hole in my wall so it could “escape” and eat the little bastard but knowing my luck it would probably eat the owner :sweat_smile:

Please help me someone :wink:

5 Likes

I grew up in the country, so my first thought isn’t applicable nowadays :no_mouth:
Dropped a note in their letterbox? They might not even know it’s a nuisance? Back the note up with another telling them it will be a council issue if they don’t rectify.
Dog whistle? Might as well upset every dog in the neighbourhood :smiley:

4 Likes

No shotguns mate :sweat_smile:
I’ve talked to the neighbour she has to work so…
I think the dog has seperation anxiety or something.
It’s a chihuahua, for being that small it sure makes a lot of noise.
I read that they just bark for the sake of it they must like the sound of their own bark :sweat_smile:

I’ve played a T-rex growling, wolves howling and other aggressive dogs barking to try and scare it into shutting the f up.
It just laughs at me.

4 Likes

What Jay says, let the neighbor know that their pet is barking non-stop when they are not home. And, that the noise is starting to affect your ability to sleep and be in peace.

If the dog doesn’t start barking until they’ve left, they might not even be aware it’s a nuisance.

Some neighbors are responsive to complaints while others become overly defensive. I’d try to determine how the neighbor responds to the complaint. Then determine if you’ll be able to work something out with them. Start out being neighborly and such as the first step…

6 Likes

Get the dog over and keep it company while she’s at work. Maybe that solves both of your problems.

6 Likes

this problem sucks, I love dogs but I’ve had chronic barking dogs next to my house twice. It’s frustrating to me because the barking is actually the sound of the dog going insane and crying for help.

People take them out for 5 minutes and leave them alone all day, you can’t do that to a dog, they need more exercise and mental stimulation. It’s usually small dogs that are the chronic barkers because of some myth that smaller dogs are easier to take care of and don’t need exercise which is wrong. I would definitely talk to the neighbor in a friendly way about it. I would suggest getting a dog walker to come during the day if the owner won’t spend more time with the dog.

I’ve also called animal control and basicallly ratted the person out. They won’t give the person tickets, they’ll just talk to them about the problem, with asshole people it might help.

6 Likes

They have ultra sonic thinga that you hang outside and it makes a silent ‘dog whistle’ whenever the dog barks. Usually shuts them up within a few days

Put it on your property and they can’t really say anything… they’ll probably be happy for the quiet too lol

4 Likes

I have thought of that but I’d probably end up wanting to keep it :sweat_smile:
I wouldn’t get the council involved I just want to make some sort of high pitched device.
A bloke on youtube made one with one of these

But it didn’t work because it was too low a frequency. Does anyone know to increase the frequency?

3 Likes

My neighbour’s lovely, I told her about it a while back she can’t really do anything about it I don’t think, it’s like a little spoilt kid :sweat_smile:
I’ve never seen anyone walk it though.
It only ever has a bit exercise in the garden.

2 Likes

Nah, she can and should work with you on a solution. It’s her “kid” and she needs provide some sort of training to modify it’s behavior. Perfectly reasonable to expect that if the pet is interfering with your health and sanity. You are being reasonable, a “can’t do anything” response is a cop out.

If anything, she could purchase one of those ultrasonic training devices. Make the suggestion. Or, find a dog “whisperer” or something.

6 Likes

Hell offer to keep the dog during the day so it’s not lonely. That may lead to entertaining the dog mom when she’s lonely

11 Likes

Hmmmm :expressionless: I like your style :joy::wink:

1 Like

Just found this,
I could decorate it with sparkly shit and give it to her for the dog.
Maybes get one for her son when he’s watching the football too :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@Ghandisflipflop I feel your pain AND the dog’s. :yin_yang:

I had a barker in my past dog, many neighors here have them, and I have hearing disorders/etc. that make noise intolerable.

My dog Timmy took all the pain it could muster and those fuckers have some juice. :zap: Really bad on max power. He even leapt about 4’ straight up once. I tried doggie Prozac on him before that. NEITHER worked because the source of his barking was separation anxiety. :cry:

There is another collar type that sprays citronella mist from under the dog’s chin instead of shocking them and seems a lot gentler but have no feedback/never tried it.

The final theoretical method involves using a silent dog whistle late at night and early a.m. until the dog barks, wakes owners who punish or otherwise solve problem. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. If dog has any brains it will learn to associate dog whistle with correction. Not my idea…found it on youtube searching for the same solution you are. :unamused: Sociopathic but may work. :sweat:

Best would be to negotiate with the owner.

Another trick would be to toss long-lasting chew-bones/rawhides etc… add a bit of CBD… mmmm… :meat_on_bone:

The animal is in distress of some sort.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Actually, she can try putting the dog in a crate while she is gone. Usually this can help, it’s smaller and they usually feel safer. Also, those thunder shirts actually work for a lot of dogs, especially with separation anxiety.

5 Likes

@cannabissequoia

I couldn’t do that to any animal let alone a dog.
I was just joking, I actually read the same thing you did about getting a whistle and disturbing the dog late at night to give the owners a taste of their medicine :sweat_smile:
As I was writing this topic the dog actually stopped barking it never barked the rest of the day it was great.
It’s started again at 9.40am no doubt until 5pm.
I take at as it’s a sort of sign :slight_smile:
Telling me to get out the house and do some work.
My sleeping pattern has been back to front for a long time. The dog has helped sort it out in a way,
The only thing is I’m normally very calm most days but the constant noise is starting to make me angry as a mofo :angry:

I’m going to get a whistle try and try that :wink:
If not I will try the cbd for both me and the dog☺

3 Likes

I also think it has seperation anxiety from what I’ve read.
I think it’s terrified of being alone, it’s quite a big house and the dog is like my micro penis​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
I was sitting in my room the other morning and the dog wasn’t making it’s usual sound it was just doing a couple of barks then waiting for a few seconds then doing it again.
I listened carefully… :expressionless: When the dog was doing it’s few short barks, very faintly I could hear the same sort of barks echoing back. I noticed it’s having full on conversations with the dog up the street.
They’re probably plotting something :sweat_smile:
The dog up the street is the same as next door.
Actually the one up street is worse that gets locked out all the time and proper neglected.
I feel angry now just thinking about them.
Why get an animal if you’re not going to put the time in and take care of it ffs.

5 Likes

Buy a chihuahua puppy and give it to your neighbor. It will play with and annoy dog number 1 and keep it distracted.
Edit: or a staffy, it will either play with or eat the rat dog.

9 Likes

Buy another one? Fk that
They will both be barking nonstop one’s enough hahaha

5 Likes

I bough one of those ultrasonic thing and it didn’t help.

5 Likes