Uncle Fester’s Skunk#18?

I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to germinate them, not all of them but enough to perpetuate those ancient genetics.
Be patient, germinate them when you are ready, don’t take any chances my friend.

2 Likes

You remember any of the Canadian Skunks that used to slip through the Falls border?They had one Ive been looking for since 1999 that had thick chunky Christmas tree shape buds red pistils real dark green that made the tricomes stand out.Had a earthy Skunk taste that was piney and had a ricola cough drop finish on the back end.The other one smelled like dogshit.

4 Likes

I only remember Beasters bud coming down from the North. Just average smoke. My area was pretty self sufficient when it came to weed. More exporters than importers😁

4 Likes

This might help.

:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

congrats on the treasure gained and an amazing friend! how did everything turn out?! I’ve been looking to delve into the skunk strains myself but haven’t been able to find much past Skunk#1 or super skunk. If you have any skunk related seeds youd be willing to part with, id love to compensate u for some! either way let us know how it went!!!

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @skunky411, you will love this place, so many great growers and endless knowledge. Head over to the introduce yourself thread and tell us something about yourself. Introduce Yourself @OG

Hang out a while, get to know some OGs, the beans will flow when you spend more time here and become an active part of our community.

8 Likes

thanks much! I’m not super experienced in online forums but if this is where the best people and knowledge are I want to get used to it! Hoping to learn copious amounts! And meet some awesome folks along the journey! Thanks for the welcome!

7 Likes

Master Thai, who is the original preservationist of Uncle Fester’s Skunk #18, is an old time breeder. His work is documented in publications all the way back to the 70s. While somewhat of a controversial, and quirky character, the guy was no Johnny Come Lately. He claims that his uncle a beatnik turned HA, initially bred the strain. I see no reason to doubt him. It’s clear by the Phylos report, that it is not remotely related to any other cannabis in the database.

4 Likes

Skunk 18 crosses smell like literal poop when smoked indoors. As unappealing as that sounds it is what it is. I have to open the windows for sure. Good stuff.

3 Likes

Welcome @skunky411. You have stumbled on the mother load brother! There are so many knowledgeable and generous cats in this neighborhood. I’ve been here since 2017. These people helped me take my little personal medicine grows to new levels and continues to do so. Spend some time perusing the threads while smoking a fat one and you’ll never leave! Stop by my old Shitkicker Grow Show and post something. I’ve got some Skunk beans you might be interested in.

Blessings…

And

4 Likes

Excuse me sir but what is a HA?

Hell’s Angel would be my guess.

3 Likes

81, HA, = Hells Angel.

1 Like

Peace All. This is one that Sebring had and I couldn’t get. Had it in cart and it disappeared…lol. Any1 watching this still have some of those available and are willing to part with some? Lemme know what can be done. Stay safe be easy and GROW HARD :fist:t5::v:t5::call_me_hand:t5:

1 Like

I grew some UFS 18, and bred with it all the way back in 2015. I was the lone nut job talking about it, as documented on IC Mag ,while everyone was chasing RKS. It took a while, but others finally got on the #18 bandwagon.

I never had a true Skunk terp out of it, but I had one girl that you could peel paint with. Truly eye watering stuff. I kept an acrid male too, and bred that to Black Lime Reserve. I then in turn took a pretty dank female from that, and bred it to my uncirculated heirloom Sinaloan Cola de Borrego male… A single select male off of that which I dubbed Festering Sin, was used to pollinate numerous females I was keeping. I still have many of those seeds in the US, but now live in a country where I can’t grow.

I added the Mexican genetics to try and shake things up ala the original Skunk, but that Sinaloan male is prepotent as hell, and produced about 80% Mexican dominant traits, even to stuff like Afghani #1, including gold phenotypes.

I have that Festering Sin seed from the following females:
Old Timer (old NL 5 x Panama Red IBL)
Chembreath (Chem 4 x Rudeboi OG)
Chemaloa (Chem 4 x my Sinaloan male)
Wi-Fi Sin (Wi-Fi Alien OG x Sinaloan male)
1984 Deluxe (1984 Mt Baldy x Sinaloan male)
Super Skunk F1 & F2
Afghani #1
Ancestral Skunk #1

Don’t know how Skunky any of them will turn out honestly. However, anything I used has some potential for it, and is all pretty darned old. In addition, all of it is hardy, easy growing stuff, not sensitive to temperature, nutrients, PH, or anytbing else, or it didn’t make the grade. I tossed a lot of great genetics that showed any weakness. The only thing Dutch is the Super Skunk based stuff. She’s such a sturdy, magnificent grower, she definitely earned a spot in that lineup. The F1 of those, while more earthy than acrid, had buds the size of your wrist top to bottom. A very efficient, hardy, high yielding varietal, with a great high.

10 Likes

I know it’s an old thread, but I just popped 6 of these I got from an auction last summer here at OG.
Can’t wait to run them out and see what we have. From what I’ve read so far, it’s a good strain to go ahead and make seeds from, and if that works out, I’ll be paying it forward :wink:

Lob

13 Likes

I was curious to see if you still had any uncle fester skunk #18 seeds left. I have Skunk 1 right now but would love to see what thats all about also for breeding projects. I am medical grower in Michigan.

1 Like

Hey there Frank, welcome to OG!

Pop on over to the introduce yourself thread and let folks get to know you some :smiley:

Plus mister bee been mia for a bit .

5 Likes

If anyone spots mister bee let me know. Would really like to get Uncle Fester’s Skunk. I made some new Skunk #1 seed mixes this batch.