Unleash the larf!

Newb here, first time drying… when I trimmed these Saturday they looked relatively “ok”. Now the drying process is exposing them for the larfy mess they are. Anyone else ever experienced this? All I can do is laugh, will this still work as medicine?

21 Likes

It might not look the prettiest but it should work. Have you smoked it yet?

4 Likes

Nope I’m on day #4 of dry. Another 6+ days to go. I don’t even have a vaporizer yet, need to get one tomorrow. Any suggestions for an affordable vape?

4 Likes

No suggestions sorry. I don’t have a vape either.

1 Like

Dynavap has one that easy to use 50 bucks i think

3 Likes

And the larf will still get you stoned

7 Likes

Especially if you’ve never smoked homegrown before.

Home grown hits different, hope you fully enjoy the fruits of your labor @Gonzo

4 Likes

You can always decarb and eat it.

Delta-9-THC vs 11-Hydroxy-THC . Eliminating Tolerance . Healing

5 Likes

For at home station vape I can recommend the Arizer Extreme Q.

For portable I can recommend the Pax 3 and you can also check out Hydrology 9, but the new modle.

In general, water filtering the vapor makes it even better. For the EQ I fill bags and then use a bong to filter it. Doesnt get any better and you actually taste the weed amazingly. On the flip site it exposes the crappy strains

2 Likes

Wouldn’t have it any other way… smoke on bro.

2 Likes

What kind of feed did they get and what kind of lights are you using? Too little light can cause larfy buds as can many things. That said I have had some great larfy stuff. Won’t know till you smoke it. Either way congrats on getting plants to harvest. That is an accomplishment in and of itself.

9 Likes

It’s disappointing, but it will still work fine. Those don’t look too horrible to me.

3 Likes

Greetings @Gonzo,

More for fun than a practical suggestion:

2 Likes

You know what Doug, that’s exactly what happened. I had deficiencies & figured cranking the fc4800 up would make it worse. I never had the ppfd above 700 according to photon (and that was only for the last 2weeks). I would wager to say the average was 550. I’ll get it right next run & crank it.

5 Likes

Yeah they’re not huge colas but some of the looser buds I’ve grown have been very strong. And have tons of kief when you bust em up. I definately would not call it trash just cause it’s looser buds.

2 Likes

Meh, it won’t win 1st prize in a beauty contest but I’ll bet it smokes great after a cure. :+1:
You know, for a first grow, you placed 2 deviations above the norm so…
celebrate!! :partying_face:

{I love my Pax2}

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Yeah man everyone has enjoyed some fluff buds at one time or another. Smokes the same usually, just weighs less so you will smoke through it faster. Other than extra light there are bud boosters that may help.

3 Likes

Some plants are just larfy. Nothing to be done.

8 Likes

Well, IMHO your buds are perfect. When I see scuffed bud, I get that funny little throw up feeling in my throat, pre gagging if you will.
The skinners, have the top end of buzz peeled off!! SO, it can sold back to you as vape material. I hate that myself. That is what lower buds are for.
Hairy buds have WAY more full impact and taste, the buzz lasts longer, it’s a full complete impact of the plants goodies!
Friends came over 2 nights ago, with some pre rolled dispensary stuff. Had a weird ass name, no strain was listed, so it was a ground up pile of shit rolled up, and after one hit, I knew that it was not a natural weed buzz.
I’ve been smoking weed over 52 years now, I’m pretty sure I got it dialed in.
Love your hairy girl naughty bit buds!!

7 Likes

Thanks! I’ll try to get a Pax 2.

Oh question…

Will the airyness/larffullness of these buds shorten my drying time significantly?

1 Like