Unpopular opinion thread

Absolutely. So it’s more than just metric vs. imperial :slight_smile:

Lob

2 Likes

Nope. Price is per litre.

3 Likes

American car makers have been using the metric system for over 40 years.
European aircraft maker Airbus uses USTM standards.

The metric system is the best system mathematically.

3 Likes

i like pizza crust and if we are friends, I will eat yours for you

10 Likes

Yuck you can have my crust but not my dipping sauce.

1 Like
1 Like

No deal, that concept is as foreign as you are

1 Like

That’s not a system problem man, that’s human error.

1 Like

Mathematics has no preference as to which system is best; numbers are just symbols to allow us to express and interpret those concepts. Maybe metric is more intuitive because it’s in base 10 and most of us have ten fingers, but there are hundreds of millions of people who already know imperial and not metric. Are you volunteering to patiently teach them all in the interim while they switch over?

5 Likes

other countries transitioned over no problem.

:man_shrugging:

I have no preference myself, they’re both easy enough to understand; if you personally want to herd that many cats for such a minor thing, feel free to get the US and any other holdouts to switch over. I’m sure it’s pretty easy to get the whole population of the US to agree on something. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The fact is that the whole world converted to the Metric system except 3 countries. The U.S., Liberia and Myanmar.

12 Likes

Myanmar (Burma) is an amazing country, totally screwed up by politics.
As they were part of the British Empire - they used to drive on the left, right hand drive cars. They changed that a few years back and here is the insane result…

they also had crazy denominations on the money when I was there : 15, 35, 45, 75, and, strangest of all, 90 kyats

9 Likes

same, pizza crust is really good especially the fluffy type!

1 Like

Metric or standard, all that shit meant to me, was I had to carry around 2 sets of tools, a metric set for the presses coming from Europe, standard for our presses.
All my precision measuring instruments, calipers, micrometers, gages, I bought early on, were standard readings. Then around 1990 or so, most stuff started having both so I read them either way. My caliper became part of my being, always, always in my side pocket, when in the field or in the shop.

6 Likes

The metric system is great, with the exception of cooking.

2 Likes

pepperoni and pineapple is the GOAT pizza

5 Likes

I want to be in a hurricane

2 Likes
3 Likes

I imagine its like that, but wetter and with more debris

1 Like