Unpopular opinion thread

:joy::joy::joy: I resemble that sediment!

1 Like

The news is trying to tell people weed will give you schizophrenia. I want to know just how much weed I have to smoke before I start hearing voices. I’m willing to give it a whirl :wink:

4 Likes

Ya, I’ve certainly smoked enough to get it if it gave it to ya.

5 Likes

No you haven’t.

5 Likes

Yes I have!

4 Likes

The news articles are a joke.

1 Like

They are. Source; I read articles.

been looking for a news source for a while now.
Freedom.antigov seems the best bet so far.

“One guy with a family history of schizophrenia smokes joint and develops schizophrenia. Joints should be banned.”
-cbc

3 Likes

I would argue that quality is objectively better these days, though I know everyone has nostalgia for the past - especially once you figure in RKS and things of that nature.

Most people, myself included, are not utilizing all the scientific advancements available. We throw a light on it and some nutes at it and try not to kill it. That said there are people doing it at the next level, actively monitoring and controlling pwEC, vpd, etc to ensure stomata stay open, performing tissue sampling to verify nutrient uptake, etc. All while running fully automated systems under 1000+ lights. The ceiling for growing is higher than it’s ever been.

2 Likes

when you factor in the known unreliability of our memories there is no question that weed is better today than it was back in the day, at least my day. anything in the '90s and before would be my day.

3 Likes

I think overall quality is higher, but the exceptional weed is fewer and farther between. I remember going from schwag to mids, to actually good weed. Now the baseline is where actually good weed is, but there is something about those one in a million “clone onlys” that just don’t circulate anymore because the demand is down (where I live, I don’t claim this to be universal)

I believe bud is going to get unique when more breeders stop crossing everything with everything else and work lines to stability, and then breeding with those lines. Right now, alot of shit smokes the same. It’s a good same, but I like different types of elevation.

6 Likes

Weed has been cross bred so many times it’s all beginning to be similar. The big differences are in the pot stores - stuff that’ s been on the shelves since God and the fresh(er) stuff.

1 Like
1 Like

hah take this: COBOL has made a comeback.

Great point. The easiest way out of the sameness for me- the past few grows- has been to not keep cuts, and select by effect only, away from industry criteria such as ‘fast flowering’ timeframes, yield, bag appeal, potency, popular flavors or trends.

I started with a range of different strains, chosen because the packs assembled together in the library felt like a well rounded group of genetics to ‘bring to an island’. The process for me each grow recently has been to grow a mix of things, pollinate lower branches with available males for some seed, and then let the best jars win. Rinse and repeat. In theory it would all meld to some kind of poly hybrid sameness, but just the opposite has happened, again because I only select by jar test, and seeking a lineup of complimentary jars. These are the jars that reach the top shelf. Test from a jar put it on the shelf a few hours later, the great ones go to the top. The All Star Jars. Each one with a clear role and purpose on the team.

None of the jars are the same, and it’s amazing how different the jars are already. The effects, the yields, a real range. This isn’t necessarily the way to do it for those who need to reliably knock it out the park for themselves and others, but it is pretty easy to make myself happy with this approach on a small scale, no industry goals or pressures.

Point is, it is a quick path out of the sameness desert if we simply let go of certain industry requirements- the main ones being flowering time and potency, and if we can create a little more diversity of genetics in our grows away from hype on hype.

8 Likes

Every once in a while I like jerkin the flatearthers
Chain, however I had no clue I stir a hornets
Nest.
I simply said " Newton birthed it, Eisenstein killed it"
Gravity is an illusion.
I like to let physicists bend my mind from time to
Time, things like “there’s no such thing as cold”
"Why you can never reach absolute zero, and this gem “the strange things that happen to matter at absolute zero”
Light having energy but zero mass is always a riot
Lol

4 Likes

This just in: Ever think about E=MC^2 and think that well… light has energy, and energy equals mass times the speed of light squared.

4 Likes

I got enough physicists twisting my noggin.
One guy explains the real reality
Freaking warped

2 Likes

Add malt vinegar in for cheff’s kiss @Emeraldgreen

1 Like

Adm. Grace Hopper must be chuckling in her grave.

1 Like