Using Aloe Vera in your grows

I was going to ask if you have tried aloe vera in your grows?
Here is a good read:Start Using Aloe Vera To Protect And Nourish Your Cannabis Crop - RQS Blog

I have used it in cloning and seed starting but now more and more I’m seeing it for foliar spray. I am demo ing Foop right now and it has aloe and willow water in it. We will see?

18 Likes

Heard about it, but haven’t used it. I’ll check out the link. Right now I’m just growing landraces with no extra care. They do well or they don’t and I keep seed from the good ones for next time.
But I’ve come across some special genetics that I wouldn’t mind spoiling some day.

4 Likes

Ive had 100% success rate using aloe for rooting clones.

8 Likes

Man! @Astrodude I read that link above and I’m a believer now. So many beneficial properties. And free once you get a plant. Easy to do.
How much would I use for an anti fungal ( botrytis)spray outdoors?
What is FOOP? Foop! there it is!

4 Likes

2 tspns of aloe gel in 1 gal water, ph will automatically be 5.5.
We add ten drops Peppermint oil and ten drops Oregeno Thymol Oil.
Soap must be added to suspend oils, if you use Dr.Bronners peppermint soap in place of Peppermint oil, use 1 oz soap and ten drops thymol oil. Thats what we do outdoors.

You can buy the leafs through walmart, only need about four to make Five gallons

7 Likes

I use it. Can’t quite distinguish the difference it’s making. Just my two cents

Edit:
After reading your link, maybe it is benefiting. I water it in — and since I started using it (& other BAS products) I’Ve noticed improved root-masses across the board.

4 Likes

Seems like a good thing to use on bone dry soil to make it absorb water again and for bugs and fungus it sounds like a great preventative. For germination it sounds killer too. I’ll be trying it soon.
What do these coconut flakes do?

3 Likes

Part of the above link from @Astrodude . Neat stuff.

1 Like

Yucca and coconut flakes leech great stuff into soil, I have not used either, but sounds rogical

3 Likes

I love to use aloe in my garden! Clones and seeds love it and my older plants get aloe fpj.

5 Likes

I use it for cloning and an additive. Water, pure cold pressed organic aloe juice and coconut water is an energy drink for your plants! I love it!!!

2 Likes

Love using Aloe in my grows. I grow it in pots blend it strain it, use 2 Tbs per gallon.
Aloe juice is also good to drink… very good for you. Just thought I’d throw that in… lol :v::green_heart::grin:

5 Likes

Drink a glass once a week, pee good for seven days…lol

4 Likes

When I first got it for my plants i decided to try it. Worst heartburn I’ve ever had lol but it is really good for you and your plants…… just hard on my belly lol

2 Likes

I find it great for heartburn and stomach issues. Works good on a raw throat as well.
Guess it depends on the individual. Or maybe you need more… lol just kidding.

4 Likes

Yes I absolutely use it in my grows, in az it grows all over here and I use fresh leaves blended with some water and throw it in as the base of my compost teas with the molasses. Plants love the hell out of that silica! Nice thick stalks!

4 Likes

I usually use aloe on the cuts when rooting clones. Not sure if it’s bro-science or not, because I’ve also cloned fine without it.
but I have so many aloe plants in my house, it gives them a purpose and I don’t mind doing it.

3 Likes

Maybe so lol I will try more next time :grin:

3 Likes

Just used it today on young plants.
Got aloe from trader joes grow it by a window.
Crush it glass cup and measure till I get 100ppm. It’s full of saponins make it bubble you’ll see great for saturating coco or peat for preparation seedlings.
It also has salycilic acid and that yellow smell is b1 I think.
Forgot trace IAA too.
Use it right away or fridge as some pgr are volatile.

Active components with its properties: Aloe vera contains 75 potentially active constituents: vitamins, enzymes, minerals, sugars, lignin, saponins, salicylic acids and amino acids. Vitamins: It contains vitamins A (beta-carotene), C and E, which are antioxidants. It also contains vitamin B12 , folic acid, and choline.

6 Likes

I remove the skin as it has a compound they call latex, it is highly acidic.

3 Likes