Using likes to reward quality posts šŸ˜

Hello!

Lately Iā€™ve been asked by regular user if I could rise the limit of daily likes per user. I think that the number is already quite high and it is unlikely to go out of likes if you are using them right (specially for users with higher trust levels).

Using Likes you should only reward good quality posts that bring value into discussion. Over-liking posts will lead only to ā€œinflationā€ of likes and wonā€™t help new users to identify valuable arguments, opinions and ideas.

So if you have gone Out of likes for the day, reconsider if you are not liking every post and try to save them just for posts that bring some value to the subject.

Thanks!

:heart:

15 Likes

On posts iā€™m selective, but on grow diaries iā€™ve the tendancy to spam ā€œlikesā€ on photos to thank the author to maintain it alive ^^

11 Likes

I got it. Thanks @LemonadeJoe!

Will try to survive without liking so much stuffā€¦ LOLOLOLOLOL

7 Likes

You just have to spend your allowance better .25Ā¢ only goes so far.

5 Likes

Sure, that is valid strategy :slight_smile:
It is much better to ā€œspam likeā€ grow diary with good photos than e.g. every post in Chat topic :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I love your sense of humour man, twisted as it may beā€¦ HHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

4 Likes

I went like crazy yesterday just because I saw there was a limit and I was curious to see how many likes it was. Needless to say, I never ran out of likesā€¦ @MadScientist you are a like machine, I canā€™t believe you used them all, again! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Canā€™t you tell i am in love with the plant and anything related to itā€¦ Anytime anybody posts something in here i like it, i really doā€¦ LOL

6 Likes

I havnt ran out of likes yet. I tend to only like posts if its valueable. Sometime i like posts because they are funny though. But most talk is about thing i truly hate so i keep to myself. They will nevah get my likesšŸ˜‚

5 Likes

OOOHHHHHH! Mr. Selective in here! Let me be your friend @lotus710! :joy:

5 Likes

I ran out one time while I was at level 1

2 Likes

FREE LOVE, YEA BABY!!! :grin:

4 Likes

Salutations,

Personally iā€™ve always considered that ā€œlikesā€ Ć  la FaceBook constituted a risk to flip on the dark side when it becomes a popularity contest, or just a flag signaling akcknowledge. Yet i do confess distributing them generously myself when obvious effort is made to provide nice pictures with true visual hints, for example. Actually my own preference would be to have multiple flag levels as i seen on other boards which i wonā€™t refer to for being banned out thereā€¦

:wink:

For example iā€™m thinking thereā€™s a difference between good hard work worthy of reward, heart-crushing pictures that require long proper/careful photo-sessions, creativity, information, good humour, etc. Maybe it would help to distinguish between types of ā€œlikesā€ as that?

Meanwhile iā€™d simply want to inform fellow members that i can hardly resist clear macro-photos showing trichomes in as many different situations as possible. Hence thanks in advance for those precious moments promoting serenity!..

:heartpulse:

Also i feel i must apologize for those who may feel rejected despite matching my description above, because iā€™m not as good at keeping track as iā€™d wish i were.

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

6 Likes

Honest question now, really.

How many fu**ing likes does one have? I ran out again today. WTH man!?

I know didnā€™t hit 200 whatevers on anything today. Not a chance. I am starting to think i am restrictedā€¦ HAHAHAHA

6 Likes

Itā€™s a conspiracy aye? :joy:

5 Likes

well it could be the ā€œdayā€ resets based on server time or maybe based on users time zone preference, im not sure

4 Likes

Yea, I donā€™t think it runs out at midnight for example because yesterday morning My first or second like of the day said" you only have 18 likes left"

3 Likes

Just treat likes like they were blunts. I bet you wonā€™t ever run out of likes again lolā€¦

5 Likes

Hahaha Iā€™ve been messing with you :slight_smile:

Standard number for member (trust level 2) is 50 as you can read here:

https://overgrow.com/badges/33/out-of-love

You are leader (trust level 4) thus privileged so youā€™ve got roughly 3 times that numberā€¦

Seriouslyā€¦ Do you think it is needed to have 200 likes per day (even that 150 likes is way high)? That means practically liking every single post written that day :smiley:

Give likes wisely and donā€™t automatically like every post :smiley:

Running out of them is sure sign to slow with them :smiley:

6 Likes