Varietals that will help epilepsy

A real close friend of mine is having issues with epilepsy. Two days ago he had 2 seizures that almost killed him. I know that cannabis can help but dont know what strains would work best. I told him I would grow his meds for him but not sure what to grow. Any help and advice would kick arse. Thanks OG fam!!!

4 Likes

May want to get his neurologist to give the ok on weed… some types of epilepsy gets worse with weed, I’ve seen it personally. The person I know is medicated for it if she gets high it fucks her for days… her best results have been from a strict keto diet (originally developed for epilepsy)

6 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes he can smoke flower but he can no longer smoke concentrates.

3 Likes

Cool, just figured I’d mention it… this is just my opinion but I see the whole “weed is a wonder cure” as a scapegoat to get legalization. Sure it has benefits in certain cases but I dunjo how many times I’ve broke myself in one way or another and tried to cure it with a joint lol hasnt worked yet haha

6 Likes

My recommendations would , NUMBER ONE: Charlotte’s Web, a strain SPECIALLY bred for a young child named Charlotte, 300+ daily seizures reduced to ONLY a handful, High CBD/Low THC (-.03%); SECOND would be ACDC, another Low THC/High CBD strain, Cannatonic, Harlequin, ALL I’m familiar with. Others would be Grand Daddy Purple (GDP), Grape Ape, Jack Herer, Purple Urkle and, Ringo’s Gift (I think one of the original strains found to be effective). Also, Blue Dream because of it’s noted calming effect. I certainly wish you well in your search. As @Grease_Monkey stated, some THC can elevate anxiety. All the best , stay safe/be well.

6 Likes

I suggested the same ( charweb/acdc/canna). He needs higher thc buts wants some cbd too. His problem is affording good meds so I’m gonna grow it. I have some blue dream in veg for him already so that’s awesome you suggested that.

2 Likes

If anyone has any high cdb strains for sale or trade let me know.

2 Likes

Man soooooo many people do that shit. Those are the ones in the dispensaries that only care about thc levels.

1 Like

Yeaa… I just like to get high lol. I strained a bicep at work to the point I’d have to swing my body to get my arm above my shoulder. Instead of taking time off I ended up over compensating and doing the same to my other arm. I’d wake up in a rage at night it hurt so bad, doc would only give me basically aspirin. No amount of weed would get me through the night and it got to the point I had to drink a Mickey or an 8 pack just to knock myself out for more than 4 hours.

2 Likes

I also happen to have some cannatonic#4 x flojo on the way from GLG and I’m hoping that will help him.

Dude I have a bad lower back so I know where you’re coming from. I have given myself scoliosis from walking hunched over or sideways over the years. It also led to a nice opiate addiction. That was cool.

2 Likes

Yea… 4 years later I still love my liquor…

2 Likes

I’ll rummage through the “bee hive” and see if I have any. Either way, I’ll touch base in a few days. DON’T go buying ANYTHING until you exhaust all avenues here on the OG!!! Do stay safe/be well.

2 Likes

Oh. Just remembered, the one strain she liked and did alright with was violator kush

2 Likes

Hell yeah man. I used to drink quite a bit. I’ve been sober off the booze for 10 years and off pills for 5. I do miss it from time to time. I miss whiskey and coke and bare chested ladies of the night.

6 Likes

Sweet. That’s what I needed to know. I’m looking into getting some now.

1 Like

FYI, check with @Guitarzan (I think he’s your “homie”). I THINK I recall him having some High CBD strains in his listings. I may be wrong (old age), and apologize in advance, if that’s the case. Stay safe/be well.

3 Likes

Will do. Thanks for the heads up.

3 Likes

You’re right on both counts B, @JBow918 is my homie, and I’ve got a few CBD crosses, 3 to be exact.

I’ve got Blueberry x AC/DC, and Blueberry x Harle Tsu that came from a breeder on Strainly. I’ve got Point Break from Seeds of Compassion that was F2’d by OG’s own @SamwellBB.

So shoot me a PM JBow, and we’ll make it hap’n Cap’n! :grinning:
:guitar:

9 Likes

@Guitarzan, that’s EXACTLY why I’d crawl through the weeds with ya anytime. OG to the core!!! Be safe/be well.

6 Likes