Vegetable Garden 2021

I not only grow the recreationals but I also have a vegetable garden in my yard…I’m still thinking of what I’m going to grow this year but these are what I grew last year 2020 the CV-19 year.

87 Likes

Amazing… The cucumbers I planted this year were already potted and like 20 plants per pot when I planted two… They tried to strangle everything…this year will be different though…

10 Likes

Very nice, and very well maintained garden.
Our family is already planning a huge garden this spring.

4 Likes

This year the nursery I go to sold out of everything vegetables and flowers for the first time in 40 years that he’s been in business…Hell almost every store sold out of seeds and live plants all because of this CV-19 pandemic that we’re in…I made sure that I have seeds for this year by saving the seeds of my vegetables from last year…

World Record Hottest Pepper Carolina Reapers in ground

This one CR in a pot is in my front enclosed porch and it’s still flowering and producing peppers.

19 Likes

We did pretty damn good on the cukes, last year we even pickled them…last fall was my first time pickling veggies…I still have leeks, carrots and radishes in my fridge, onions, fresh tomatoes in my cellar…

28 Likes

Beautiful garden @PhilCuisine I seriously wish I had a yard to build a greenhouse to grow vegetables… Wonderful job you did.

9 Likes

Btw, I also have Fig trees bromigos…

I freeze my Figs for the winter, it’s like nature’s candy and I make my own fig newtons, way better than the store bought ones.

28 Likes

I love growing anything. Gardening/homesteading
/growing is my life

28 Likes

Looks awesome @PhilCuisine ! In ground I will be doing tomatoes, in containers, peppers, variety of herbs, possibly a new raised bed on the south side of my lot with green beans, onion, turnip, radish, potatoes.

4 Likes

That’s one veggie that I haven’t done potatoes, gonna try it in 5 gal. containers this year.

Italian Rapini

11 Likes

It all started here, indoors last year March…I have a small garden and variety is the spice of life.

18 Likes

Last spring I started a berry garden, then got some peppers too. I already got the pepper seeds for this year, expanding the collection. I have new blackberry and blueberry plants this fall, and more strawberries, so should be good for the spring. Got a single white currant plant too

26 Likes

Are those unripe raspberries? Never seen that before

1 Like

the yellow? there just that way and super sweet

3 Likes

Nope, gold raspberries :grin:. I have two yellow/gold varieties, and a purple, I should be producing some polar berry white blackberry this spring/early summer. Also got pink blueberry

Oh, also, most berries only produce once a year, but most of the varieties I’ve picked out produce a spring/summer crop, andro a second fall crop. Those in the pic are from my fall harvest. Just started them this past spring so small handfuls each day lol

9 Likes

I had the fall gold, they didnt really like it here, but man were they sweet just like yellow doll watermelon

1 Like

I have fall gold and yellow Ann. Them for black berries I got several different cultivars to try for sweetness and less acidic. The new Ponca is suppose to be a whole different flavor!

3 Likes

These veggies are all from last years garden…

17 Likes

I had spare seedlings and didn’t want to just toss them away so I did some upside down plants and it worked…

7 Likes

I figured I give growing these a shot this last summer.

14 Likes