Vermont Growers

Any other woodchucks out there? With rec kicking off in October I’ve been really stoked to see the local community come together like it has in other legal states. When I saw there wasn’t a thread for VT yet I figured no time like the present. Sound off, always love meeting my neighbors.:v:t2::heart:

10 Likes

Not from VT, but it is my favorite place in the world. Don’t worry, I’m not going to move there anytime soon lol.
I always thought everyone in VT who wanted to already grew anyway haha :+1:

4 Likes

This is the second thread today for an individual state, so much division, lol. Overgrow the WORLD :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Organizing regional action teams to do just that! Haha :joy::joy:

8 Likes

That’s facts for sure!

3 Likes

Swanton, Franklin Co.

Hemp 2021

6 Likes

Neighbors for real! Swanton ain’t far up the road.

3 Likes

Backatcha Bub!

1 Like

One thing I find funny about Vermont… for such a small state, it’s not all that hard to be pretty far from other places in the state. I started following people “in the industry” on IG and there seem to be all kinds of events in Burlington and its orbit, but it’s too far for me.

It’ll be interesting to see what comes of the legal market in VT. On the production side, there are a handful of big players, mostly outdoor small cultivators (with a large number centered in the NEK). On the retail side, it’s unclear who the purchasers will be, presumably tourists, but then most of them are coming from states with legal markets that are coming online. Prices will presumably have to be competitive to have any hope of capturing a significant portion of locals. If there’s not as much of a market as people are hoping for, or delays continue and mess up the roll-out of retail shops, might there be a glut? Or on the flipside, if a significant number of shops do open and there’s a significant customer base, will there be enough supply?

1 Like

Totally agree with your points, Burlington isn’t that far for us, but it’s hard to get there still.

As far as the market is concerned I totally agree as well, I think spots near the resorts will cater mainly to tourists. I can’t see there being a huge market for craft flower since so many people just grow their own, but I can imagine that the locals will be preoccupied with craft produced concentrates, edibles, topicals etc. the stuff that’s a little more work to produce and might require special equity etc. looking at the CBD market as an example there was definitely a glut of raw material for a minute there, but it did seem like people found ways to produce unique products from it that lots of folks really dig. Time will tell but Vermonters are nothing if not crafty right?

3 Likes

Down here in Western Mass, I’m eyeing your rec legalization and hoping that the new regime means more of the “farmers markets” or seshes like Maine has. I do good on growing my own flower but I’d sure love to take a trip up to Brattleboro and grab some concentrates one of these days

2 Likes

We’ll see… I think there is some interest in at least allowing direct sales by cultivators, but initially the only option for legal purchases will be a dispensary. Seems like there will be at least two in Brattleboro (an existing med dispensary toward the north edge of town and one in West Bratt). If it were me I’d probably lean toward the latter.

3 Likes

We gotta lose these stupid THC caps on concentrates too or the whole market is going struggle

3 Likes

We had MMJ cards for a few years and tried all they had at the dispensary in Burlington. Edibles did not cut it at all. The oil cartridges were very inconsistent. Flowers were always in short supply, the ‘on line order’ didn’t matter. They never had what I wanted and whatever they had was available in 1/8s and 1/4s, at most. Often the flowers were over dried and crumby. Sooo… I didn’t buy a damn thing the last two years I had a card. And I haven’t been holding my breath since 7/2018 when it was ‘legalized’. It just doesn’t matter a bit to me.
I depend on indoor grows, outdoors are bonus. Smoke bubblebag hash and flowers, we eat flower-flour (decarbed and finely ground) Presently C99 x NL and CBD Critical Mass edible and a half dozen or so varieties of buds. But I would give a local pot shop a little business providing it’s not the same outfit from MMJ.

4 Likes

i used to go up yo VT TO PARTY IN MY YOUNGER YEARS WHEN THE DRINKING AGE IN MAINE WAS 20 love the christmas tree smelling herb around the end of sept i remember it fondly sticky icky and very good smoke course that was more than 40 years ago

1 Like

Curious if any of the VT heads here have tried any of the (very) limited concentrates that have hit the dispos so far?

3 Likes

I finally got around to trying some flower. Not entirely sure how I feel about what I’ve tried, it’s smelled nice in the container, and tastes pretty decent, and has that (overly) manicured dispo flower look people (supposedly) want these days… but I keep being left wondering if I’m feeling much of anything? I tried a gram of four different strains… I dunno.

Also, I’m sure it’s partially strain dependent, but does anyone else look at COAs and see pretty high CBGA #s and think… “Someone pulled their shit early”?

2 Likes

Still haven’t tried any dispo flower around here but it sounds similar to my experience with some of the edibles and stuff, which you can point to the THC caps about: “am I feeling anything right now??”

2 Likes

I did try a thing of gummies once, Upstate Elevator Operators I think might be the name? All-in-all I liked them okay… but then I just bought them because I was going on a vacation with extended family and know I can have trouble sleeping (I had trouble sleeping despite the gummies, but they did help). Never got much more than pleasantly woozy off them though.

TBF I have yet to find a commercial edible that does much for me. Personally I prefer to make cannabutter (I haven’t done it in awhile, last time I did Cabot was still cheap in the supermarket and hence was always super fresh) and bypass my stomach and liver all together… just let a pat of the butter melt in your mouth… anyway, obviously digressing.

3 Likes

I’ve found that the hash rosin gummies have a more noticeable effect overall. Lindies makes some nice hash rosin gummies, stone leaf as well, although I’ve yet to try them, I’m sure there are others I’m forgetting, but the hash rosin specifically denotes to me a more effective delivery of the cannabinoids, not to mention a cleaner extraction method. It’s all up to your tolerance but those in general have been more effective for me. The flavor of the Rosie’s gummies is waaaay better than everything else that’s out there, but the effects are exactly as you described: muddled slightly dizzy feeling, not a proper high, but the girls that run that shop are properly trained confectioners so you can’t beat them for flavor, someone just has to tell them to start using hash rosin and then they’ve really got something

2 Likes