Vertical farming @Ttystikk

Yeah it’s a mess. Sue me! Lol I’ll get things cleaned up in the next few days. Meanwhile, here’s what a typical root ball looks like at harvest;

9 Likes

One more thing; pulling the old batch and slipping in the new one took an hour, which included dumping and flushing the old nutes and loading up fresh sauce.

That was by myself. It’s quicker if I have help. I’m of the opinion that every minute a bloom room is not full of plants IN BLOOM is a minute wasted. Fucking rooms are expensive and they only pay for themselves when they’re running. And yes, that includes any veg; find and make a separate veg area for the youngsters. You can size and light the room better and so it’s less wasteful.

8 Likes

hah yes but with the size of your plants, i think you will be a while in trim jail! :smiley:
efficient operation, definitely a few things i can learn here

1 Like

Christ in the closet, you’re not kidding!

I’m looking for any shortcut I can…

2 Likes

Fresh bubble hash? Minimal trimming and quicker drying, especially if you have a freeze dryer. :clock: :watch: :thumbsup: :grin:

2 Likes

Still here, still doing my thing.

SAD hit me hard this year.

6 Likes

Stay strong brother! If you ever need to vent shout at me in a PM sir.

3 Likes

@Ttystikk nice to see you here brother. Hope you’re keeping well

3 Likes

Strange as it seems, the lights in the tent help me with this.

99%

5 Likes

Not strange at all- good grow lights do most things the sun does. What was screwing me up was the overnight schedule I have my room on. Recently I made a point of wearing really dark shades in there at night when the lights come on, then making a point of being in there for an hour first thing in the morning. It’s made a big difference and my sleep schedule is a lot more normal.

2 Likes

Thanks, jelly! I have lots to vent about even if I try to keep things positive.

2 Likes

Gotta start trying this. Morning coffee and a bowl with the ladies is the right way to start a day.

7 Likes

Exactly. Works a treat and puts a smile on my face the whole day!

6 Likes

@Ttystikk are you using jacks classic 5-12-26? i’ve been using maxibloom 5-15-14 with pretty good results and it seems like jacks has so much more K… i use maxibloom with tap water and nothing else (calmag etc) would i be able to use jacks without calmag also? thanks

2 Likes

@legalcanada I’m using a different brand but it’s a very similar product.

Hydro-gardens.com

Their in house brand is called Chem Gro.

They have a ‘hydroponic special’ mix that’s 5-11-26 with micros. It’s designed to be used with calcium nitrate and epsom salt, aka magnesium sulfate.

Cal-mag is calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate, so it’s not so dissimilar. I think you end up with too much nitrogen and not enough sulfur if you use it instead of the recommended salts above.

2 parts 5-11-26
2 parts calcium nitrate
1 part mag sulfate

Mix calcium nitrate into solution separately from the others. Mix all into solution before adding to the nutrient reservoir.

I have run as high as EC 2.6 (1300ppm @ec x 500) but I’m currently getting great results at EC 1.5 (750ppm), pH between 5.6-6.5.

In my experience, mag sulfate is the preferred supplement because so many of the desirable resins and terpenes are themselves sulfates.

If you have any more questions I’ll be more than happy to help.

5 Likes

Sulfer is so often overlooked, yet is used for terpenes etc. I always add gypsum (calcium sulfate) to my soil mixes. :thumbsup: :seedling:

6 Likes

Fresh aloe has sulfur and sulfur metabolites. Also enzymes that break down fats and cellulose.

3 Likes

Aloe is kinda like ketchup, I put it on everything. :grin: :laughing: :joy:

5 Likes

I’m sure aloe works great in soil and soilless but in straight RDWC ya gotta stick with salts.

The good news is that the hydroponic mix, the calcium nitrate and the epsom salt are all that’s necessary. And the dry stuff is fuckin’ cheap!

5 Likes

Absolutely, sorry i wasn’t paying attention.

1 Like