Veterans of the WOD

Rehabilitation theater. They don’t care, it’s about keeping the money tap on. Fix the problem overnight if they just gave a week’s dope supply at every Walgreen’s free. A few grams of drugs that cost $1 to produce can generate tens of thousands at every point of contact. An entire thriving ecosystem of unlimited money from some fucking plants and plant extracts made 10K miles away by dirt farming rural poor of Colombia, Mexico, and Afghanistan.

4 Likes

I hear you…there is a very short list of things that just can’t be forgiven, and that’s gotta be on there.

They’d be dead to me. I could understand if the cop lied to them like they always do, threatening them, saying they just want to help yada yada…like how it usually goes with cops…but to just snitch on blood because you’re pissed? That’s a hell of a heartache man I’d have a real tough time with that until the grave.

3 Likes

My state just legalized and this one piece of shit representative was doing everything he could to stop it. He thought he was clever by introducing decrim bills thinking he could get people to decide that was good enough and give up on full legal. Other than the reason he was even offering it up in the first place everyone called out the language of the bill which would require treatment for anyone caught in possession. Guess who’s good friends with a ton of religious leaders in his area that have treatment centers! Like shit man at least try not to be so obvious.

3 Likes

Oldjoints i was angry for a LONG time. Never at the kid, he wasn’t even 8. I felt guilty, like I put that on my kids. My ex, he’s a class a douche, even the kids get that now. I’ll never forget how far he was willing to go to get a leg up on me, but the anger had to go. The fact that his life sucks and mine doesn’t is enough justice for me.

2 Likes

8 years old I am sure Mom/Dad was behind it.

1 Like

This is singlehandedly the best quote about how effective the War on Drugs is…

2 Likes

Ruin your life…to teach you drugs can ruin your life.

Someone stole my bike last week. I assume to buy dope. He’ll fence an expensive ass road bike for 5-10% of what I paid and get high for a day. We could have just given the guy 25 cents worth of drugs and he’d be sitting around not stealing. Even when I’m (relatively) sober this shit is still affecting me negatively haha. Dope fiends love love love stealing bikes. Can’t ride away on a car stereo or a bag of power tools lol.

5 Likes

I know a guy and this somehow became his specialty. He’s like a mentor to the new generation.

At least, last I heard. Dropped off the face of the earth.

2 Likes

They steal crappy kids bikes to get around town and dispose of when they reach their destination, nice ones to sell or part out. There is no lock that can deter a determined thief. If they can’t get your frame or whole bike, they’ll steal your wheels off. They took my bike lights once. Congrats Johnny Dopefiend, you now own an expensive flashlight you can’t recharge or mount on anything.

They took mine out of my open garage while I was on the other side of the house mowing. I was over there maybe 5 minutes. The ruthless and toothless know no shame.

I’ve bought stolen property before, and stole things when I was a kid so if karma is real…I’m sorry please stop I learned my lesson haha.

5 Likes

Anything that isn’t nailed down.

True story:

Somebody once stole my motorcycle helmet from a church parking lot when I was within sight of it in an adjacent park.

I came back and went “fuck my helmet.” After a moments inspection I found a cell phone, a small bag of weed, and a pack of zigzags on the ground right beside my tire. Idiots. I’d give you odds that I know who did it (at least within a range).

I figured it was even and it’s the only time in my life I tried to call a 976 number.

2 Likes

That’s the frustrating thing…they steal shit they can’t even really sell because their dope-addled brain says: “temporarily unattended item of any kind…must…steal”.

I didn’t want to file a report because I know how pointless it would be and I hate cops about as much as thieves but that’s the only way to get it on the pawn shop hot sheet or try to claim insurance.

2 Likes

Man, temporarily unattended things…I had my groceries stolen a couple of weeks ago. I’m like I hope you shit yourself with all the high fiber items in my cart lol

3 Likes

Groceries?!

I’d say it wouldn’t surprise me, but it does.

2 Likes

I wasn’t even out of the fuking parking lot when I realized I forgot to put my groceries in the car. I mean they were stolen in less than two minutes.

2 Likes

I am frustrated just hearing that lol I can’t imagine how pissed you were.

1 Like

I was angrier that I had to go back in to the supermarket because I needed certain items.

1 Like

There was an episode of Intervention where a Fentanyl girl would go into a well known Canadian drug store chain and steal 15 huge bricks of yellow cheese.

Then she would meet her boyfriend behind the store and they would hang out on the phone trying to fence the cheese.

What balls to just hang out afterwards. I would be long gone.

And who buys stolen cheese?

3 Likes

Parmesan is like the #1 most stolen supermarket item in Europe.

People love to steal tide, baby, formula, and cheese/meat, razors.

High value, easy to steal especially cheese and meat.

A big thing is the receipt scam. They return items for cash, or steal/scavenge groceries and receipts and try to get refunds. I seen a crispy critter walking around King Soopers parking lot looking through debris and trash, find a receipt, walk into customer service and walk out with cash.

But to answer your question…how much cheese we talkin’ here? I’ll offer 30 cents on the dollar but you can probably talk me into 40.

I used to work with a guy and his scam was stealing kegs. Not full ones, but the empty ones behind bars and restaurants. Scrapped them and apparently it completely financed his meth habit. Need the speed to be up at 3AM with a shitty pickup stealing kegs from alleyways lol.

3 Likes

I knew this junkie dude who got food stamps. He would look for a receipt in the parking lot and make sure it was paid in cash and from that day. Then he’d go in the store and spend his food stamps getting stuff on the receipt. He’d check out, walk out of the store and pass the cart and cash receipt off to his GF who would go in and return it all.

I gotta admit it was a bit clever.

4 Likes

They can be absolutely ingenious when it comes to getting their fix lol.

We need to turn junkies loose on our problems. First one to figure it out gets a whole brick lol.

3 Likes