Vietnam Black, Snowhigh/Kiona

but why you make questionmark, questionmark, questionmark.
It is very vusual that a Landrace is named by Color, such as Cambodian Red… Panama Red, Columbian Gold… so i thought you adressed the landrace

here i just grabbed a Thai landrace picture, collected in Thailand…:
thai lnadr

So i guess there is Black Vietnamese Landrace too, given how strong the coloration is here…

Again, overall its weird to listen to this guy… he does the “you dint know, but its like this, its like that” - Thing . Im not a person that lets turn around his view by a couple Lines, from a single person… unless the person explains me very well… wich a couple instagram lines wont doo… lol
I dont know further what to say to all this… tired, baila…

Just this:
The person from AUSTRALIA , this person made the Cross… Southern Viet x Northern Viet, and subsequently lost the pure VB. Just wait for it, why i say pure? because, why would this person tell me in a certain detail what happend, that it consists of a HEMPY northern Viet Lineage aswell, talk to me in detail, and send me without me even asking 20 free seeds.
Beeing generous , explaining even the bad sides (Hempy lineage), and not mentioning afghani?
This part all confuses me abit : how you just believe another guy (not that i complain about you)., this guy writing three four lines on Insta, and telling you what the world is… Not to make fun out of it, but this i cant understand…

The VB Heirloom story alone, as its told, sounds bit confusing, the mentioning Dalat beeing just Pigfodder sounds like the opposite of what a Copterpilot in the 70s experienced…

6 Likes

The person who gave me free seeds (the generous guy who is close friend to the guy who made it) told me this PARTICULLAR description is accurate:

Nam F1 (Vietnamese sativa hybrid, aka Vietnam Black, aka NAM weed) -Original F1 cross: -Male Northern Vietnam/China Boarder (indica influence) -Female Southern Vietnam outskirts of Saigon (truebreeding pure Sativa NAM) Breeder’s description: Originating from Vietnamese genetics brought back to North America in 77, she’s an extremely potent exotic sativa. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MEDICIAL USERS: usually resulting in shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, raised blood pressure, leans towards paranoia. Her sweet tropical ripe mango scent and sickly sweet taste will speak for itself. Vigorous strong brancher and top heavy - support recommended. A very heavy yield compensates for a longer flowering period. Indoor Specs: Flowering time: 9+ weeks, Height 150 cm, Yield: 1+ gm/watt Original Auction Description

you see it mentiones truebreeing pure Sativa NAM

funny is that it mentiones 77… so is your guy really speaking of this particullar Strain? eventually… but again, its all confusing…

4 Likes

Provenance is one of those things, often subject to competing claims etc, it’s a rabbit hole but if I get some beans from someone then I figure the best I can do is take them at their word, especially if the strains check out grow wise…

Here at least pre 90’s virtually all of the weed was of SE Asian heritage, it’s right next door so it’s our equivalent of Mexico. The hippy trail here went thru the golden triangle, and our military also fought in Vietnam and bought stuff back, it’s a long dangerous road from here to Afghanistan so until sensi seeds started way back when I hadn’t even seen a fat leaf type. Trying to bring seeds in from the US was asking to have your door kicked in by gun wielding special branch.
If you get stock from long time older growers often they don’t participate in the ‘scene’ they just keep to themselves and grow for themselves from seeds they have saved over years and years. This is where I have always found the best seed ‘heirloom’ stock anyway.

I’m a fully committed member of the ‘Cult of the Skinny Leaf’ but I figure the proof is always in the pudding, not the tale that comes with it lol.

14 Likes

Love the VB.
I appreciate all the knowledge being shared here.
:beers:

2 Likes

This seems short to me?

2 Likes

yes, given this wording it might be unpure, however, actually i heard of Chinese strains that flower in, puh cant remeber, like 4 weeks, it was in a semi-scientific test paper, so i tend to believe them-

Further: i never heard that anyone found a 9 weeker in this Vietblack Line, but its also to mention that very few grew the fresh F1, so many got selections away from the North Vietnamese (similar to Chinese) wich was super weak weed.

Last but not least, is it just me or do breeders tend to just trow a short Floweringtime in a Description that nobody ever experiences?, lol

2 Likes

Oh yes, it’s not just you. Lol

1 Like

Sounds right up my alley :rofl:

3 Likes

VB day F90

Chocolate and coffee smells and beaucoup frost…

23 Likes

Is this strain available? Did your’s come from Snow? You had me at chocolate smells. She’s a beauty! peace

5 Likes

I really dig the look and stacking of this kind of weed. Have you ever smoked this one before?

1 Like

Not this one specifically no. I’ve had lots of different “modern” riffs on SEAsian though and other convincingly landracey Thais. A lot of those are weak sauce and you might find 1 winner in 100. This is a different sort of cat. The first female after four males in a row and she’s gonna stay with me for as long as I can keep her.

I really barely pulled this off. The buds are turning out alright but this plant grown outside would probably be 9’ and almost no exposed stems from the pictures I have seen. I don’t have the oz sun but from the way the males grew last year I know it’ll be awesome.

It’s a remarkable high for me. Racy but not that base of the skull lsd tightness or teeth grinding tension. Really you just wanna dig for hours and grin the whole time. LMAO

19 Likes

If we accept the possibility of this argument it seems quite likely “Viet Black” today is not much more than an excellent marketing term evoking nostalgic “memories” of an ever receding past. Clearly electric weed at one time came from Vietnam. Obviously servicemen dug it and took it home. A lot of them, most of them probably, tried and failed to grow it out to the point of viable seed unless home was Australia or California and as happens all the time the males ran out. I mean it’s like a unicorn fart, somebody said they smelled it but can’t remember when or where. LOL

9 Likes

Neidisch? LOL

35 Likes

I just picked up 2 packs of Top Dawgs Vietnam Black F3s. Anyone have any info on the specific Vietnam Black genetics JJ used to make these? They still have 8 packs left

7 Likes

70’s Viets

Special lady

35 Likes

Looking great buddy! I have some Vietnamese 3 Way from Snowhigh and some Astro Zombie crosses from JToucan. I’ve been looking for Hoa Bac I know where to get them but they are pricey, wouldn’t mind some of the F2s from the Freakers Ball preservation as I missed that sign up. :pray:

7 Likes

Vietnam Black d70/f37

28 Likes

Good morning @GREANDAL !

1 Like

Model Cement @Worcestershire_Farms… you mean the glue?
Lol wow are they desperate.

Sorry to hear about that Invasion