Wedding Cake x Cake fighter

Seeds were started May 10th, were grown out indoors until yesterday. Transplanted to permanent home out on county property by a reservoir runoff and power line clearing. Pretty bushy area with lots of wild dew berries and other thorny weeds, perfect for keeping wondering kids from going through this particular section, also making it a royal pain in the butt to get to for watering and bug warding. Dug a hole and added FF soil so it’s got good soil to grow in for a while. We’ll see what happens!

This one here I planted on my property in the wooded section just so it can be close by and see how it grows
I didn’t think about it til just now after planting outside, but these were started in my grow cabinet with my indoor plants at a 18/6 light schedule. So now moved outside where the natural light is about 13 hours, I’m wondering if that will mess with the plants and send them into flower. I guess we will find out! I hope not cuz they are still pretty small and haven’t shown sex yet. I also read of these hybrids will flower under 12/12 regardless even if started from seedling after maturing, I guess that’s a whole different grow technique in itself, but I don’t know anything about that stuff being new to growing. Either way this is a fun project! Thinking about starting some new seeds straight outside, cuz well, growing weed is fun!!

28 Likes

Keep us posted! I’m interested in seeing more. Good way to OG the world.

2 Likes

Got a pack of these burning a hole in my vault. May the harvest be bountiful.

3 Likes

Seems like you’re doing it right. A couple of things to consider next time. I use 3" pots, mix a little of the soil you plan to transplant to with s good quality potting soil. No nutes. Starting seeds under flourescents, the tray on a heat pad also on the timer is a good way to begin. If the pad is too warm i might put a towel between it and the tray. Keep the light high enough you can see what’s happening until first sign of emergence, then get the light about 4" from the seedling to help keep stretching down. I like to set the timer at about 13:30/10:30 because that’s about the time daylight will be when I transplant. A little oscilating fan and keeping the soil moist (not sopping) helps keep the bugs away - but keep it on low and far enough away it doesn’t harm your starts. Just a gentle breeze. Your starts look healthy, so whatever you’re doing seems to be working. Good luck!

3 Likes

Looking good. I have a few of these, so gotta love getting a preview. I will follow along on your adventure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@corgitron , @other_barry , did you by chance get them as freebies from GLG? I read wedding cake is good but cake fighter is not so good, but that’s purely subjective to the individual user. @EpiKatz i like that idea, I guessing to get the plant used to the outside soil, or just to test if it’s even good? I like your idea of starting them indoors at that schedule to keep it same as outside, I’ll for sure do all of that next time. I know the soil here in the south is acidic, I need to sprinkle some lime down.
Well went today to sprinkle animal repellent to keep deer, rabbits, squirrels etc at bay and took a couple pics, they’ve put on a stretch already! It’s been cloudy and sprinkling past couple days too. I’ll keep up the updates for y’all!

One plant is growing like a weirdo😂
Maybe this one is a male​:joy::rofl::joy:

8 Likes

I did. I got them with the Auto Race beans from 20twenty

1 Like

Cake fighter is a strayfox cut and is known to dump hash wedding Cake x Starfighter. I believe

2 Likes

Dump hash? Meaning super trichy? Well y’all need to tag me when ya start growing yours I’d love to tag along and see them grown out by ppl who know what they’re doing lol

1 Like

I get lucky sometimes. May run them this fall.

1 Like

I just noticed mine are actually Mendo Cookies x Cake Fighter

1 Like

They look so healthy -You got happy plants. Are they “femmed” or “reg?” If regs, See if the quick stretchies turn out male or just agressive fems.

They are just regular. I need to head back out there and check on them, last time I was out there, there was a itty bitty bump forming on the internode On one plant so it’s getting ready to show.

Checked on them today. They are still doing good, couple leaves got nibbled on by bugs so I need to spray again, but overall still very healthy and starting to stretch pretty good. One is a female, the other still no sign.

Here is the female. She’s very beautiful. No sign of going into flower yet, just chugging along.

Here’s the other one, doing awesome.

The one I planted In the woods on my property, I went to check it and fell over when I touched it so I examined the dirt and termites or something were in the dirt and ate almost all the roots off! So I took her in and Cleaned roots and potted her up and have on my patio with other plants to hopefully pull through.

6 Likes

Went and checked on them, they’re still doing good and survived their first tropical storm! Getting taller, virtually no internode growth from upper sites, one isn’t looking too good, I didn’t have intentions of fertilizing too much due to long grow season here, but looks like one needs it.

Here’s the good growing one, a good 2 feet tall, this one is the female.

Other one is same height, looks a little yellow, looks like a male, still hard to tell. I’ll fert next watering.
The third one that got attacked by bugs in the root zone didn’t make it.

2 Likes

Went to check on them, and good golly it’s a good thing I did!

This came out of nowhere!! Went from not being sure if it was a male to straight up ready to throw pollen! Good bye little friend it sure was fun while it lasted!

Our lady is starting to delvelope! This is crazy, it’s barely into July and these plants started to flower. The days are still getting longer here, so idk why they went into flower! Stress I guess. We had that tropical storm, then after that passed we got another 14” of rain over the past week so this hasn’t been a very normal summer so far. But either way, now it’s time to switch to flower ferts I guess!

10 Likes

Looking good! I love these guerilla grows. They prolly need more N. Right now then anything. Maybe step on the weeds around them too. All in all your doing great. I use to grow in major powerless like that…

3 Likes

I was wondering if I could still give them nitrogen. Can I mix both nitrogen and bloom together? So just step on the weeds around it, don’t rip them out?? So you have many moons of experience growing same style this is fantastic! So if you say I’m doing great the by golly, I sure do feel amazing right now!

1 Like

If your potassium supplement has nitrogen in it then you should be OK otherwise add some. Yeah just give the weeds a good stomping around the plants and you’ll be fine. But get them frets on them soon

2 Likes

Heading out there this afternoon!

1 Like