Weird bubble of goo

Am drying and trimming an auto flower. I’m doing a dry trim for the first time, and keep seeing little globs of goo… I’m hoping it’s just a trichrome bubble?

They are clear for the most part, slightly amber. VERY sticky. I don’t see anything in it.
Any ideas?

8 Likes

It’s gutination, I think.
@HighTilliDie

12 Likes

@Ghgrower Guttation! It’s a beautiful thing! Those are gonna be some super terpy buds for smoking!
A Visual Guide to Cannabis Guttation and xylem Sap | Dutch PassionImage_2022-12-30 13_26_17_709|281x500

20 Likes

Ahhh so it’s a good thing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::+1:t3: thank you. It didn’t look like anything bad but figured I’d ask .

8 Likes

Some of the tastiest weed I’ve ever grown (in pic above) showed guttation so IMO it’s a good thing for sure!

5 Likes

Stop putting honey on your weed.

Seriously though, I don’t think it’s really a good thing or a bad thing. Some plants just do it.

4 Likes

Don’t smoke them, they’re mostly sugar from the plant and taste nasty. I usually take them off the buds while trimming. From what I’ve read it’s part genetics and part feed regimen.

6 Likes

@FirstCavApache64 I’ve had much different experiences myself and when I smoked those buds they were actually the best smoke I’ve had. Full of terps for me but the strain I was growing was sunset sherbert and I greatly enjoyed that harvest

3 Likes

Guttation it’s sugar you can eat it and is pretty tasty. It generally shows up when adding sugars during bulk some plants will form it naturally but more often than not shows up in salt grows.

8 Likes

That’s neat, I like it. Tasty goo from some fire .

4 Likes

I think it can be hit or miss. The sap off my Chernobyl that expressed this was extremely sweet. Could have honestly been a substitute for granular sugar. The sap I got off a freak show on the other hand was intensely bitter.

5 Likes

Very nice! I had thought it would all be sweet as it’s sugars but that’s cool! It’s like we find out more and more about the things we think we know about everyday and it opens our eyes further!

4 Likes

I used no fertilizer at all. Just dirt and water. My goal with autos was “plant and leave alone” hopefully low maintenance. I also only saw the bubbles on leaves I trimmed. Just had never seen that before so, just was curious.

3 Likes

@Ghgrower , i saw this before but had to look up the name online.

Guttation is how plants expel excess water or nutrients through tiny openings on leaves and stems.
So cut back on the watering at this time.

2 Likes