Weirdest tops, or?

Hi peeps,

I did zhe flip 14 days ago, but I’m confused about how they are developing.

It seems they are sprouting tiny flowers :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyone able to see what’s going on here?

4 Likes

Tell me you’re trolling lol

6 Likes

I believe that plan associates as Male.

7 Likes

Fuck. How is that even possible when the mother plant which I’ve taken cuttings from are indeed a mother, as female as she can be, lol

5 Likes

It happens, could be stress, light leaks, cold temperatures, pH issues, etc. I’ve flowered plants in the winter, only to have it show intersex traits when grown in the summer.

Is it a GG4 cross?

6 Likes

Hahaha!!

But yeah… It happens

3 Likes

@ReikoX No idea what strain it is. Got the seeds from a friend.

Well, I guess I’m starting over. Might get rid of the mother also.

1 Like

These plants did go through quite a lot of stress recently when you were away, right?

2 Likes

@cogitech Spot on… I think the next round should be less LIFTA and more healthy care, am I right?

2 Likes

Yes, LITFA can be overdone, just like nutrients. I learned that myself recently when I had to take an unexpected trip for a week. The plants didn’t like it much at all.

3 Likes

I chopped down 10 plants now, and kept the tops.
Also, in the flower room I have several sonoff smart devices… all with bright led’s, so I think we can assume that light stress could be clear factors.

I went in and closed the door, and I could see everything clearly :stuck_out_tongue:

Currently reading @ReikoX’s tinkering thread to calm my defeat down a bit (man you have insane amount of know R!) Which leads to my next question :slight_smile:

Can I make something easy out of the leftovers?

6 Likes

Using the ewelink software, select a device. Press the three dots in the upper right and select settings. Turn on the Disable Indicator option. That should turn those off. Are these new? Probably is your problem.

5 Likes

@ReikoX I’ve had them for quite a while. Long before I started my first (current) grow.

I actually knew about the functionality regarding the led’s, I use it in my bedroom:) Oh well… failing n’ learning everyday is part of this I guess :smiley:

4 Likes

:neutral_face:

uhm, duct tape?..

:wave:

better luck tomorrow

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Those look like pure males. Maybe the mom got mixed up. I would kill it and make a new mom. If it were from light stress you would still see female flowers.

5 Likes

@Viva_Mexico Thanks for the input. Im still consider another try taking cuttings from her. I’ve cleaned out the flower area. I’ve learnt a lot and have several areas of improvement before I start over.

Thanks y’all! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your clone donor plant should be real easy to identify, Should have preflowers all over if you can get some pics I’m sure someone around here could get you a positive ID.

3 Likes

@Undead-Toker will do. I’m home in a couple of hours. Thanks

1 Like

Here are some pictures of the mum.

3 Likes

Well dude your pics are hard to see the spots with those little pre flower flaps in the way. Do you have a macro setting on your cam? What I can see in pic 1 starting at the bottom. Up 1 node that different color green that’s partially covered by the fan looks like a male flower, but the focus isn’t clear enough to verify, the next node up however is fairly clear and looks male to me. Usually within a week of showing sex you will see definition in the flowers to positive ID. The males will start to grow a small stem under the pre flower and the females will show pistils (white hairs). At the age of your plant it should have brown pistils on older growth pre flowers with the newer growth pre flowers showing fresh white pistils.

2 Likes