Welcome to Meesh's Garden

Wow, is that California sand? That looks like the sand on the Gulf Coast where I grew up. Plus the waves look like the classic tiny Gulf waves.

3 Likes

no idea…searched for “winter in hawaii” :joy: :palm_tree: :sandal:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Had some fun today. Some tender perennials started… coleus, marigolds, snapdragons, annual phlox, stock

David’s phlox from @MomOnTheRun established

Delphiniums from seed

Bunch of shishito peppers from a 2 year old plant. Go figure

7 Likes

Some starters I bought yesterday that I haven’t planted yet

2 purple bacopa cuz I love my white one

Dusty Miller and ornamental kale

Snapdragons, stock, mums

Violas and pansies

Dianthus

9 Likes

Looks great @Meesh you should make your self. Little moon garden you have a lot of good silver and white and texture going on there.

3 Likes

That is my plan in the shade garden. It’s taking awhile to establish and plants keep dying off back there. Just got a few white impatiens planted and expecting a bunch of ferns and such from Michigan Bulb this month.

3 Likes

I also direct sowed into the empty spaces in the mj planters some more dutch white clover for cover and a couple dwarf sunflowers, white marigolds, chamomile and cilantro. In the veggie patch behind the garlic I planted 3 autumn beauty sunflowers (4 -6 ft variety)

Once I get my shade plant shipment, I was thinking black mulch would look cool with glowing white plants and flowers back there. Here’s hoping they take.

1 Like

Anyone have any ideas of which of those starter plants I bought above would look good together? I’m trying to formulate a container plan for them. The dusty miller and kale def together me thinks with either the stock or snapdragons maybe or the white and purple pansies Or snapdragons, bacopa and pansies… Or Stock, snapdragons and pansies and viola? It’s a hard call. I can even use the dianthus with the stock and pansies… Hmmm I was thinking the mums by themselves though, don’t think they play well with others.

1 Like

Thinking…

Snapdragons, dusty miller, white/purple Pansies

Yellow Violas and Bacopa

Stock, Ornamental Kale, dianthus

Mums alone.

Thoughts anyone?

2 Likes

You should try a couple of loofahs as well…

3 Likes

I grew bird house gourds this year. They are still on the trellis drying out. I think 2 are pretty close to being completely dead and ready for bleaching and cutting though. I’ve thought about loofahs… Gourds are fun to grow.

4 Likes

Thanks, I never knew that. Interesting and now I want to try it.

3 Likes

They came out pretty! Just hosed them off though so violas are drooping right now

Mums

Snapdragons, Dusty Miller, bacopa and pansy

Stock, ornamental kale, dianthus, violas

6 Likes

You did a nice job. They’ll look great.

3 Likes

I found you another winter project…

5 Likes

I have some lemon balm and Lacy Frills Lavender that I planted in a few cinderblocks I found in the yard last spring! Didn’t paint them or anything though. Also, have a small 4 tier planter with some succulents on my front porch and a patch on the side of the house. More than likely I would plant flowers in them instead of more succulents. Gotta hit up craigs list for more cinder blocks!

5 Likes

:thinking: …isn’t ALL kale ornamental??! :joy:

:evergreen_tree: :poultry_leg:

3 Likes

As far as I’m concerned it is :joy:

3 Likes

Halloween fun

Dianthus all blooming.

A couple of my birdhouse gourds dry and hollow now. Haven’t bleached them yet.

6 Likes

Awesome. Figure out what birds would nest in a gourd, and then find out the size hole for that bird. It keeps unwanted bigger birds from taking over. Should be fun! Hey, maybe you have a stalk from one of your monster weed plants to use for the pole to mount it on. :smile_cat:

3 Likes