Welcome to Meesh's Garden

Catmint can take a beating and keep on going so I had no doubt this one will take off :stuck_out_tongue: She pretty much stays put here growing ~2ā€™ tall then falling over to fill in the gapsā€¦unfortunately, I canā€™t find any end of season pics though on par for most that are online :wink:

1 Like

Sheā€™s thriving out there in my front rose bush planter. Actually gets early morning and late afternoon sun. What color are her flowers again? White or Purple?

Iā€™ll get a pic of the phlox growing in soon. Sheā€™s got leaves starting, but Iā€™m waiting until itā€™s fully established. 75% sure it is taking. I saw a hint of new green stalk coming up

1 Like

Got our first drizzle today. It was chicken shit, just enough to filth up the car, but it means I should probably plant a new crop of cilantro.

Staked one of the delphinium flower spikes, but it needs a taller one. First thing tmw before cannabis harvesting. It has 2 spikes one almost looks like a runner (the one I staked). it has a gazillion flowers forming on it. The 2nd spike flowers are open now, a gorgeous light purple color now. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Got lightning storm (2 sec delay) thunder cracks, 1" frigid rain, 30mph wind. Was :game_die: :game_die: out in the garden patching the ā€œroofā€.

:zap: :smoking: :cloud_rain: :pray: :runner:ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦

Have 2-4+ weeks to goā€¦variously

:unamused:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Montana is getting a massive snowstorm todayā€¦ feet, they said. yikes!

4 Likes

Nothing like fresh garden peppers for my spaghetti sauce! Too bad my garlic isnā€™t ready

13 Likes

They look yummy. Gonna definitely need the garlic! :yum:

5 Likes

Nice! Purpleā€¦the phlox is white :wink:

Damn! We finally got our 1st frost way up here though snow is on its wayā€¦weird weather this last year just hope its not another icy year with all of this rain

Gorgeous! I am really jealous of what you can grow there though very grateful for the cooler weather up here and your continued inspiration to light a fire under my ass to get a greenhouse going :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe next summer

6 Likes

I really want to weed and go to town on my shade planters. Just canā€™t find time right now. Need to tear down the tomato vines too. With the unexpected vacation next month. Mind you itā€™s paid for but if I donā€™t work I donā€™t get paid, so Iā€™m working like a dog in between harvesting. My new shade plants should be here this month too. Want to mulch and really spiff up those beds. 2 of my bleeding hearts died off and my hosta. No idea if they come back or not or if they just hate my climate. I need to mulch back there too. Itā€™s nice to have a bit more space to walk around in the garden now with 5 big plants harvested. It does make me feel like a complete slacker though looking at the weeds and overgrown grass out there. Winter is coming and the cannabis will be taking less of my time soon enough. I at least want to start a few tender perennials in a few starters though. Some stock, more annual phlox, pansies etcā€¦ if nothing else.

5 Likes

Are you gonna plant cannabis again in the spring? Just curious.

2 Likes

Absolutely! For 20 characters

3 Likes

As much as you did this year? Lol

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s hard not toā€¦ heh. Good for you! somebody can use it!

2 Likes

Maybe, seeing as so far Iā€™ve lost half to Mother Nature

1 Like

Gave myself a 20 dollar budget (spent 31 :hushed:) and bought some more container plants. I truly canā€™t stand when things are dying back. I rotate them so the best flowers are by my back door. I see them the most and they make me happy. Anyway, got a bunch of $1.50 annuals, stock, snapdragons, dusty miller, ornamental kale, purple bacopa, pansy, violas, mums and 2 white impatiens that I planted directly into the shade garden. I wanted a couple flats of them for back there, but they only had colors and I want all white ones there. They are easy to come by though, so Iā€™ll find some more. Oh yeah, I also got a dianthus that I stuck in the flamingo as the last violas died off. Iā€™ll post some pics of my creations once I pot them. Dad is bringing his drill on Sunday, I need a few drainage holes in these cool galvanized metal buckets I found at the 99 cent store. They may be like ice buckets or something. Super cool though for plants! If any one else makes cheap planters out of cool shit, your welcome to share. lol Iā€™ve always wanted to grow a plant in a work boot. Maybe I need a thrift store run.

5 Likes

How goes your SCROG build?

1 Like

That is a winter project, after all the harvests and Iā€™m back to being a flower farmer. lol

3 Likes

Winter has started up here alreadyā€¦

2 Likes

Winter here is a relative term for Dec - Feb :grinning:

2 Likes

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes