Welcome to the High Garden

Even better! Need some zest in my life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

6 for 6 on the Zella!!

4 Likes

Let’s keep this straight.

They are called Zella.

Named after a wonderful German Shepherd that @Muleskinner had the pleasure of raising.

I harvested these seeds the day she passed. :cry:

2 Likes

My apologies! I was really baked when I posted. Fixed it.

1 Like

Checked the seeds before I left for work this morning. Looks like hmthe sixth seed hasn’t opened any further so I’m going to leave them longer in hopes it’ll germinate.

@99PerCent would you be able to tell me how long these flower for on average?

1 Like

I am not positive, but 56 - 60 days is sort of typical for everything I have been running. I would anticipate no less than 7 weeks.

1 Like

Sowed 5 of the 6 Zella seeds this morning in my soil mix of Ocean Forest, Black Kow Compost, and perlite. Watered with plain well water, and set them under a CFL in the veg room.
The sixth seed did not want to grow. Not sure if a dud, but I left it in the paper towel so we’ll see.

My plan is to veg these little buds to the 7th node and top at the 4th to keep them short and stout.

I’ll feed them plain water for the first two weeks then slowly start introducing MegaCrop at 1 gram per gallon.

3 Likes

Shh they were sleeping

5 Likes

August 9
Zella 1&2 have poked their little heads out.

Zella #1

Zella #2

They looks so cute! It’s been way too long since I’ve sowed seeds. This is gonna be great.

:v:

6 Likes

I love the possibilities in a seed. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Me too! I love the strains I have now, but I’m getting tire of staring at the same clones day in, day out. I wanna have ALL the genetics.

1 Like

Zella #1!!!

Zella #2

Oh no!
Zella #5 has helmet head. I’ll have to wait until the Mrs comes home to help. She has more delicate hand than I.

4 Likes

Often you can spray the helmet head with water and it will help it shed the seed husk.

2 Likes

I’m going to try that

Sprayed water on it and got it decently soaked. Still too nervous to touch it though. I have a very heavy hand.

2 Likes

Terrible news.
I think my soil may be too hot. Doesn’t looks like any of them will make it. Tits. Good thing I only germed less than half. Still have 7 Zella to pop. Should probably start them in jiffy pucks.

Well that’s what I get for not popping seeds.

2 Likes

If ur using soil for grown plants then yes it’s to hot for them and just watch out on the pucks they dry out fast that’s why I don’t use them but if you keep an eye out for them they work like others would say that use them good luck fam

1 Like

Thanks man. Yeah I can’t believe I spaced that bad. Was not even thinking. I’ve just recently started using the black know compost so I didn’t realize it was so strong.

Thankfully I have a good bit more seeds and I’m in the process of germinating the last 7 Zella seeds.

You can always just rehydrate the pucks and break them open and just put it in cups it would be like what I use I use the jiffy starter mix with added perlite no nute in it so they will be good for like 2weeks good luck bro

1 Like