Welcome to the High Garden

Congrats on getting the extention to work, now all you need is to flip the bulp and get some kinda reflector going.

As your bulp is hanging, your plants only get pure reflection lights. And given your walls are purple, it’s better to get it flipped even without a reflector above!

This is how your bulp looks inside, I have added the arrows to show the direction of the light.

Very little to no light, goes out the end of the bulp.

Happy growing!

4 Likes

The four Zella are doing great! Transplanted into solo cups of oil mix. Will start feeding low ppm feed soon. For now they’re just getting water and what’s in the soil.

6 Likes

Well the garden is looking better and better by the day.
I wasn’t sure I’d like the HID fixture very much, but Holy crap is it fantastic. Keeps my humidity better in check and day Temps consistent. Keeping steady at 81°F and 55%RH. The girls love it. Never have I seen them grow so fast. Also means I need to be better at training them.

The Zella are just chugging along.

5 Likes

Zella. #1 @ 24 days

Zella #2 @ 13 days

Zella #3 @ 13 days

Zella. #4 @ 13 days

5 Likes

Also getting some really nice fall colors from the Doogie Howser over in the flower room.

Oh and Freya says hello. I swear she goes into a trance when she’s in here. Just stares at them and nibbles on the lowers. Always goes for the larger plants though. Thankfully.

9 Likes

The misses and I just harvested both PGSC.
Cut the first one down cause it couldn’t support its self and had no supports.

2 did much better. Very large bud clusters. *why is this bold??

I’ll weigh it once it’s dry. Too tired now.

Lots more space in the flower room now so I’ll probably flip a few more cookies and maybe a Doogie to keep the perpetual going until I get the Zella and Tranquil Elaphantizer going.

:v:

9 Likes

Zella last night

3 Likes

Zella baby’s just chillin in the sun :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

So at that point in flowering, it wasn’t stinking up your house*? The filters were enough control? Smell outside of your house?

1 Like

Negative pressure pulls air up into the grow room from the dining room. Can’t smell anything. I also have the carbon filter running 24/7 on the lowest speed my fan goes.

So when you walk into your house in the afternoon you can’t detect anything? For some reason I thought you were exhausting to the dining room.

1 Like

I was at first, but I eventually switched things around. The vent is now a passive intake and I vent the exhaust out the window now. The house was getting too hot with all the heat venting into the dining room. All I can smell outside is cow shit from the neighboring farm haha.

2 Likes

I suppose I forgot to post all the “duct work” I did. Things change in the grow room constantly as I’m expanding and trying different things.

1 Like

Suppose I’ll do that now.

Simple set up for exhaust. Filter>fan>window

And this is the intake.
Took out the old floor register and made a simple light trap from cardboard and gorilla tape.

Now this all could change whenever I get some extra spending money, as I plant to run the exhaust vents up into the crawl space and out the roof vents as to not be so conspicuous. I also wanna get rid of the air conditioner and replace it with a portable one that I can exhaust out the roof vent as well. That way I can put my window back in and just black it out.

Also if you notice, the carbon filter only sucks air out of the flower room, but nothing is sealed air-tight, so it filters the rest of the room slowly. I bought another 25 feet of flex ducting and once I get an air cooled hood for the MH bulb in the veg room, then I’ll extend the ducting to both areas for better air exchange.

3 Likes

And since I’m up here I might as well post some flower pics;

The doogie are taking on some gorgeous autumn coloring in the leaves and the outer calyx’s are turning a nice burgundy shade.

The Green Wizard F1 and Doogie Howser F1 are not something you can find in a seed catalog or any store. I’m not sure the lineage or even how long they flower for, so this is so far the longest that I have let them flower. *I’ll have to scroll back to see if I can figure out when they flipped

Here’s a more bushy Doogie that I flipped 9 days ago.

I love how tight the nodal Spacing is on these. Not as cramped as the wizard gets though.

Group shot of the flower room;
Two cookies up front and the larger one in back right is cookies.

You can see I favor the cookies for now simply because it’s the easiest to grow and yields pretty high for requiring little intervention.

The wizard is kind of my “golden goose” in that has a very high level of cbd, (not sure how much, I’ll need to invest in the test kits) as apparent when you smoke it. Can’t wait to get some balls up in here so I can start crossing these. looking at you Zella and TE :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Been a while since I updated. Why can’t we just live in hobbit holes and not have a government?

Zella doing their thing. Will get some close up shots later. Number two is almost catching up with one. Three & Four are trailing behind but all four are looking beautiful.

DH harvested Monday. So many colors.

GW looks like she’s nearing her end. Hoping she swells up a bit more. Very dense buds though. Hopefully this one doesn’t mold as well.

And @fuel yeah I think you’re right about the megacrop being nitrogen rich. The only other thing would be the composted manure but the npk is 0.5-0.5-0.5. Should probably use lower doses and see if it helps.

7 Likes

Holy purple that’s a paint job! Looking good in there though. My cat likes to go sunbathe under the lights sometimes. Lol. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah the purple was here when we moved in. Didn’t care enough to strip and repaint. Freya is kind of a bitch and can’t control herself in the flower area. Her eyes go blank and she just dives head first into the leaves.

1 Like

Woah talk about a long week. Quit my job, have an interview tomorrow, oh and the fucking sun crashed through my roof!

Lmao. 1k digital ballast, turned down to 50%

5 Likes

Guess who’s still alive! Sorry for the absence folks. Been a rough month but I’ll spare the details. Getting back on track. The veg room gets better yet.

Here’s a quick overview;

I’ve got my PGSC, DH, and GW mothers in the back. The PGSC is looking rough but just needs the lowers trimmed of dead vegetation. Over growing like a bitch, but that’s what I want, so I can get clones off her. She’s in high demand.

Beneath the moms we have the three Zella from @99PerCent.

1;

2;

3;

Below them we have 7 Tranquil Elaphantizer
From top left: 6, 9, & 5
Bottom left: 10, 3, 4, & 8;

5 is another runt. Very weak root system and thin stem at the base. Somehow it’s still alive.

Everything else that’s in the smaller 6" pots are clones. We have 18 cookies, 6 Doogie, and 5 wizard. These have another 21 days to veg and they will be flipped to the flower room. Going to be trying a SOG this time. Easier to calculate.

To keep it all going I have bought an other cool tube and placed my thousand Watt mh bulb in it. Probably not running off 1k but I’m not sure. Need a Killawatt meter. But it ignites and it’s fantastic.

4 Likes