Well here it is my first grow in over a decade

Using live earth, composted manure/worm castings promix currently sorting out nutrient deficiency any input is welcome this is my first run at live earth. Strains are black water kush and random NSLC (Nova Scotia Liquor Comission) seed, sativa don appearance.

13 Likes

These are the nute issues ignore the slug damage I’ve since got that under control

6 Likes

Looking good. You didn’t waste anytime jumping back in with both feet!!

Is the NSLC government purchased random seeds?

3 Likes

Government purchased bud with a seed in it it was known to me for a time but I didn’t write it on the baggie and i forgot the strain but I only bought high over 20% thc buds so it should be a gooder

2 Likes

Nice garden you’ve got there :laughing:, would be great if my government helped me to enhance, centre, unwind and relax , the shop looks like a tax office, great country Canada … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

It is a tax office weed is waaaay over priced and the “cheap” stuff sucks real bad

1 Like

Oh well, I used to buy seed until I joined this great community (thanks folks ). you cannot have any other sources? Guess it is not so bad growing illegal :es:, good luck with yours …

2 Likes

I have all kinds of sources just growing what I had with my first legal summer

1 Like

First, check the ph… you’re using a soilless mix correct? I’m seeing all sorts of problems there… Def need nutrients, I go half strength… but I fear your ph in the soilless mix has become too acidic and is causing lockouts.

1 Like

pH is 7.5. So way too high gotta bring it down 2 whole points.

2 Likes

Okay, I was backwards, but that will def help get them absorbing nutrients again. Well just one point… to 6.5

1 Like

The first 2 I lowered to about 5.8 after an hour they’re sitting about 6.5 now here’s to hoping they stay

2 Likes

After nearly 24 hours were sitting a lot better around 6.8ish I’d guess. the pigment is coming back and they’re all much more perky. Only affordable pH meter I could get my hands on short notice have ordered some better ones will be about 2 weeks that’s 2 separate readings from 2 different pots

5 Likes

Update

7 Likes

If you were just in straight soil, I would have never even considered a ph problem. It’s the promix hydro soilless stuff that causes ph problems. Next question is what nutes are you feeding them?

2 Likes

It’s 50/25/25 Promix worm casting sheep manure not much for nute a lil of this will start soon

3 Likes

If you are trying to go light may I suggest maybe some Kellogs organic fish, kelp and molasses fert. It will give it more npk. About 7 bucks a bottle at home depot or lowes. I’m thinking the neptune will be great for micronutrients but not so much for your 3 mains. I would do both… switching off.

3 Likes

They don’t sell that stuff in Canada at the depot they sell Jobes organic fertilizers and miracle grow organic fertilizers natures care or something along those lines. I guess I got this live earth thing wrong I thought the point was to have everything in the growing medium so I didn’t need additional nutrients aside from a small boost

2 Likes

Little addition to my greenhouse plans on putting in one more soon if work scoops up another one. Built the whole green house from salvage except the tape

9 Likes

Everything looks good. Nice free window, always good to have some fresh air!

3 Likes