Well looks like I may have a problem - Identified mites

Got one plant in dirt that looks ok except for the very bottom leaves and the larger fan leaves. Pics attached day 19 since flip day 30 since rooted. Only one in the garden doing this. All the same mother and same feed

3 Likes

A picture with the HPS light turned off will help greatly in diagnosing your problem :v:

5 Likes

Give me one sec and I’ll pull her and get another pic. Dark as Hell without the light on so i got to move her

1 Like

Here’s the whole room getting crowded lol can barely get to the res for the dwc girls lol

those better pics brother?

4 Likes

Just looks a little hungry to me. The lower leafs will yellow and drop of the plant as it ages. It’s normal :+1:

3 Likes

So the spotting on the leaves is it just being hungry? I’m feeding using my dwc nutes since i don’t grow in dirt normally. They get 2.5ml armor si, 5ml calmagic, 7.5ml gh micro 10ml gh bloom,2.5ml liquid kool bloom, 1ml florilitious plus and 5ml each of flora blend, flora nectar and diamond nectar per gallon with a tds 1131ppm which is just over 1000ppm of nutes since my water is 111ppm to start

1 Like

Hi @Daytripr69, I see you already have a Growroom Diary, you can post any issue you may have there, that way all the info needed will be available and it will be more easy to help you, cheers … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Do those little white worm looking like marks move when you blow them? :thinking:

1 Like

To me it looks like some powdery mildew you can see some residue on the leaves it doesn’t look like a deficiency. They are a little pale but I don’t think it’s that I think you’ve got mildew. Run one of the leaves see if it comes off.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t notice the spotting until I just expanded the picture. Nutrients for hydro are usually a lot more diluted than nutrients for soil. @ReikoX @99PerCent @MomOnTheRun can you help as I’m unsure what’s happening here.

2 Likes

Rubbing one of the leaves the spots stay. I thought mildew at first but only plant of 5in the room.I’ll try feeding the above Mix daily instead of every other day to see what happens

2 Likes

Didn’t want to crowd that thread but I’ll post any future problems in there.

3 Likes

I’d check for bugs on the under side of leaves with a loupe or maybe even try tapping a problem leaf with a paper underneath to see if any thing falls also look for any small black droppings ( fecal matter) or shinny specks that are sticky (honeydew) from other various pests also

8 Likes

Ive checked a leaf under my microscope that hooks to my tablet and no signs of bugs. The spots don’t rub off and wouldn’t I have a problem with the others since they are so close if it were pests?

3 Likes

If it’s something like russets mites I’m afraid you would even be able to tell with a 100-200x power or even higher microscope from my understanding how small those damn things are maybe also check at lights out could be that they’re just hiding now with lights On . IMO It doesn’t look like a nute difency

5 Likes

@Tinytuttle is giving you good advice. Those spots sure look like mite damage to me. They puncture the leaf when they feed leaving those holes. Look for bug excrement (microscopic dark dots on the leaves).

7 Likes

Hmm - I agree doesn’t look like a nute deficiency to me either. Nor does it look like powdery mildew from what im seeing in the pictures. I would definitely guess some kind of bug damage, but im not experienced with russets, thankfully, knock on wood. Hope it shows itself and doesn’t cause you much issue sir!

3 Likes

My first thought was spider mites but the spots look a little big for spider mite damage.

My second thought is calcium deficiency.

5 Likes

Thrips do that kind of damage, tiny white bugs that jump about and hide under the leaves and node points on the stems.

3 Likes

So if it’s russets or thrips how the Hell do i get rid of them before they spread to the rest of the plants?

2 Likes