Wetting agents?

Was wanting to throw this question out there to fellow OG’ers, what’s your favorite wetting agents synthetic and/or organic but I was wanting to lean more towards organic ! Thinking myself of using Castile soap, yucca root or something with high saponins( I think that’s the word I need) Is aloe one of these also? How much to mix in your water?

7 Likes

I use yucca and have for years. I don’t know if it is better but i like it. I use aloe as a tonic or feed, but it also acts as a soil conditioner and helps the soil hold water. You don’t want to use it everyday in my opinion. (the aloe)

3 Likes

I certainly have heard of using organic soap. Are your containers drying out? If so, don’t let dry pockets form inside. Soak the containers in a bucket of water to fully wet the soil and begin rebuilding the areas that have dried out. Those areas will be nearly lifeless.

4 Likes

Do you use the flake or squeeze a leaf? How much to say treat a gallon of water?

1 Like

Do you beat the roots to death or is powder used?

1 Like

I use powdered yucca. I peel an aloe leaf so i get about a one inch by two inch chunk per gallon. I put the junk in a jar and use an emulsifier blender to mix evenly.

6 Likes

I wonder from time to time if they do I just recently dunked a lot of my veggies and plants in my rain barrel … I kinda go off of feel of the weight of the containers when watering but if I use a wetting agents to help I wouldnt have to do that much would I @99PerCent?

2 Likes

I use the very teenie tip of a teaspoon of yucca root powder per gallon of water, growing in Coco.

Whether it works or not is well beyond me but I’ve been doing it for all of my years of growing.

5 Likes

i use water as a wetting agent!

10 Likes

I’m thinking Yucca supplements might work?
Thoughts?

3 Likes
2 Likes

I picked mine up at mountainroseherbs for a good price, but I just looked and see that they’re out of stock.

3 Likes

Ya @legalcanada but I’m trying to make water wetter! :joy:

4 Likes

Yikes that stuff from kelp is pricey!

1 Like

Yucca mostly, aloe on occasion. Though about trying soap nuts.

2 Likes

I love there prices!

2 Likes

If you don’t want to mix anything hygeia hydration from Nectars For the Gods is really good. I’ve been using it for years.
https://www.amazon.com/Hygeia-Hydration-Quart-12-Cs/dp/B007QVAMHW

2 Likes

The 2 or 4 ounce bag will last you forever,

Click the notify me button…

3 Likes

I tossed around that idea also! I think Lotus uses those, anyone here from him lately?

1 Like

He is on youtube sometimes.

2 Likes