WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

I’ve been pretty busy otherwhere’s.

Now, where were we? winky

I had not been up in the loft since the last time I updated.

Some of the Girls were looking a bit yellow - pH imbalance. And, the reservoir was VERY hot.

First, I had to get this…

Up…

There…(by myself).

I believe it is better suited to the Rooting job up there. It is a 8000btu unit. The unit I have up there now is 14000btu. And, this one is the lightest of all 4 portable A/C units I have here (only 3 are currently operable) tup .

I’ve never used Humidity Domes. I did not “vent” these.

My first viewing in days…

VERY humid…water was pooling up around the base of the capsized cups.

I drilled 2 small holes in the bottom of each cup.

Temps when I got up there (I was up there by 9pm)…

Reservoir temps…VERY hot in there!

I switched the A/C units around, and their hoses.

I noticed above that the radius on the hose was too harsh, imo. I decided to move Cloning Machine II farther over to the left. I thought about pulling it away from the rear wall. I think this should work!

I checked a few for roots when I started up there. I was questioning IF this was going to work at all…frown

Then…

It’s not much, but it is something! And, it’s not really clear in the pictures but, the 3 images above these words have root nubs all over them. I’m sure the hot reservoir has impeded any root growth.

The Girls first uncovered…gonna have to come up with a better way to set that lid aside as I work up there. This worked okay but you can see where the reservoir sides are pushing against a couple of the baskets.

pH and temps when I started…

After a ‘measured’ 4ml dose of pH Down…

After another ‘measured’ 4ml dose…

I’ll recheck in a day.

I dipped them all in the Clonex Rooting Gel again shown in above pictures, just for good measure…

Then, I added Clonex Clone Solution (what I thought was Rooting Gel when I bought it).

I also brought out a second 60ml syringe to measure out the Clone Solution.

The Maths…crazy

I was first going to give them 7ml per Liter, that is in the middle of the 5 to 10 m. recommendation.

I toned it down to the low number - 5ml per Liter in 37 liters (I misremembered the Maths and multiplied 5 by 37L instead of 38L ROFLMAO) …185ml. Which worked out pretty good as the syringe is 60ml, so 3 doses.

Upon completion…

That Girl on the far left in front was really droopy…I thought I had knocked it around … But, I didn’t. It just needs my attention! ROFLMAO

I’ll get a picture of it in a couple/few hours and see how she’s doing.

And, then bringing the lights down on them…

Space temps right now…

tup

Thank you, @Oldjoints … for the Girls and the A/C’s! tup

I hope you’re ALL making it a great night, and making the next day even greater! tup

Add Edit: Turns out the above reservoir temps were directly influenced by the proximity of the probe in the tank, I forgot to mention. “I” ran the wire for it through the pump cord access hole. crazy ROFLMAO

Time for a tokie,
WHAB

7 Likes

Good morning WHAB, I have found that with my ghetto bubble cloner which is the same idea as yours just more ghetto, that domes are not necessary. My cloner sits in a room uncovered that has a gas fireplace and very low RH. My cuts stay green and perky with no special attention. I also dont use gels or nutes of any kind. Just tap water. Just throwing it out there. Sometimes less is more. :smiley:

4 Likes

That’s my preferred math media too! Lol. Well any scrap wood laying around. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Glad you got the loft sorted a bit. And the roots are coming in. Yay! Keep up the good work buddy!

2 Likes

Quick update. They’re not looking good.

Now - I’m thinking that pump is introducing too much heat in to the reservoir. I got it down to 75F (I think it was 75F, maybe 74F - still not good enough). That is not good enough. I think I’m going to change out the new pump for the old pump. I never contemplated the heat it would put out. Not once, not for even a second!

They’re hanging on but it’s looking bad.

I’m going to run the other A/C unit up there until I can get the temps down. Then I have to figure out some way to enclose it. I never expected those temps up there right now.

I did do this last night…

Probably helped A LITTLE, but not enough over a longer period of time…

I’ve been right in the middle of installing the Rockwool.

I forgot I had to reinstall the Doran Darkroom Light Blocking Air Vent for passive ventilation.

That actually took a good bit of time, I had scrounge a ‘piece’ of lumber for it and cut it freehand with the Festool TS75.

Man, that thing cuts SWEET! The Festool Systainer was my ‘workbench’ winky

I took the Festool-ish Multi-Function Slab down so I could open the bags of Rockwool. There was no other way of getting that done. It’s amazing how much space just one opened package needs! And now I don’t have a proper work surface! ROFLMAO I did try and do things in the proper order of operations. That’s working out pretty good except for that hiccup.

Notice my expert jointing! Kreg Pocket Holes for the win (just on the leftg end I already put the Rockwool in the other stud bay and didn’t want to pull it out)! ROFLMAO

The first ceiling joist bay is full. Around that corner is half full…

While I have been very busy, many, many hours over many, many days helping my sister, IF they die, it is all my fault. Besides direct assistance, just being there takes time.

But, for instance. I figured out what she needed - no quick task. I helped her buy it. I had it sent here since she’s in a motel. It arrived this yesterday afternoon.

This is what remains of her keys and her fob…she was able to find those in the debris.

The key has to be “Cut” to a programming profile confused2. I was going to have that done and bring her to her car after I was done, or in the process of getting it done.

She decided to have her car towed to the dealership she bought the car from because she doesn’t have ANY of her documents, they were all lost in the fire. Her car is sitting at the dealership now.

She needs a Government ID, a Title and Registration to have a Locksmith cut the key. Her house burned down. She has none of that.

The dealership knows who she is, they sold her the car. They ‘should’ also be able to provide copies of some of her documents to be able to get duplicates of the ones she needs.

But, again, IF the Girls don’t make it, it is all my fault.

Gonna try and get the other A/C going up there

frown,
WHAB

4 Likes

What a NOOB move.

I went up to add the A/C and change out the ice bottles. I put the fan on the Res last night.

I reached to unplug the pump to change out the ice bottles and noticed the pump was not plugged in (the black cord in the upper left of the image above)! facepalm

WHOLLY JEEBUS!

Someone KICK ME, please!!!

Hydro can provide miracles, some times. I’m not sure this is one of those times?

I’ll only leave the second A/C unit on until I can quickly enclose the space, then I’m sure the other one can handle the job. My intention is to build that space out for Cloning/Rooting etc. The problem is the Attic Ladder I put in splits the space in an odd way…it is sort of right in the middle of the space. It is literally the only place I could put it. IF that is what I do, I will have to put the Attic Ladder IN the space, build the walls up around it and totally enclose the entire 8x12 foot loft area. I’ll have to go THROUGH the loft to get up to the attic. I’ve decided I’m okay with that IF that is what happens.

IT would have been great to have some Kush to grow! facepalm DAMN IT! facepalm

Hi @Floyd! wavy

Yeah, I had never used domes before…I just thought I’d give them a try in an attempt to ensure they succeeded. To provide them with EVERYTHING they ‘might’ need. I think without the vents it drowned them winky I just took them back off.

Sort of, @Rhino_buddy (Hey!)…IF only I could keep my head in the game long enough to plug the darned thing back in!

Thank you both for your contributions to the discussion. Please don’t let my idiocy put your off and cause you to stop participating! winky

Back to kicking my own damned ass!

frown,
WHAB

5 Likes

How about some OG Kush? I’m about 4 weeks from harvesting seeds.

I’ll put you on my ‘short list’

Cheers
G

7 Likes

That is a quite magnanimous offer, my friend! Very smokeof you!

A quite magnanimous offer I am humbled to accept!

Thank you ever so much, brother! tup

beercheer, man!,
WHAB

4 Likes

Not much to report.

Some of the Girls are standing on their own again, but are looking horribly! I’m fairly certain some ‘may’ survive. :crossed_fingers:

I’d post a pic but I don’t think anyone wants to see the carnage! puke

What a bonehead move!

I can’t believe I did that.

I have never even for 1 hour forgotten to plug the pump back in, not ever.

facepalm,
WHAB

2 Likes

On another note: How much does it cost to have a “Key” cut to a “Programming Profile”? cantlook

SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS!

SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY F’ing DOLLARS!

icon_e_surprised puke crazy

My sister said Insurance will reimburse her for the cost.

tup IF so! We’ll see.

WHOLLY JEEBUS, that’s A LOT of $$$ to “Cut” ONE “KEY”!

WHAB

3 Likes

Efforts move forward.

First, the Temps up where the Girls are…That’s with the second A/C unit up there…

I’m going up there in a minute, IF they’re looking barely presentable I’ll get a picture of the carnage.

Just know, I did it. I’m not hiding it. I fucked up!

Here’s the East wall getting the Rockwool treatment…most of which were cut along their length and most cut in their height.

I did find my Extended Hyde Knife a while back, right where I put it! I put a new edge on it and tried to cut the Rockwoll with it. It did a ugly job of it! I’m glad I spent the money on the Rockwool insulation serrated knife! It’s worked very well…still pulls the delicate insulation a bit it certain conditions.

I’ll carry that Rockwool up the East wall as far as I have insulation for it. I’ll complete it when I get to the point of finishing that wall.

I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with that second Doran Dark Room Light Blocking - Passive Ventilation, in this case, you see in the second and third images above. I may leave it up there for when that space is better enclosed. I ‘might’ move it down to the Bloom Room at some point, maybe.

I only have the ceiling joist bays, the one stud bay where I did install the other passive vent, and I’m going to try and make a insulated door for the stud bay where the Vivosun Zipper Door is on the West wall, remaining to Rockwool. I"m thinking I could use spray adhesive to adhere it to a piece of Luan cut to the size of the stud bay…I think crazy That Rockwool is rather delicate, more delicate than I expected. Too much handling will certainly degrade it…causing it to sort of crumble.

As for the ceiling joist bays, I’m going to have to cut EVERY ONE of those ceiling joists pieces along their length because of the odd 12 inch on center spacing of the “floor joists”. confused2

I’ll probably start on that later today, maybe…maybe in minutes. I’m exhausted, though!

Good morning!

Make it a great day! tup

Imma gonna tokie,
WHAB

8 Likes

Okay, here’s the HORROR of it all - ALL of it caused BY ME!

The Reservoir temps are well under control. I unplugged the second A/C unit up there.

5 Girls are certainly dead…

I’ve removed them and trimmed up what remains that ‘seem’ be be alive still.

There were 6 Afghan Kush and 6 Bubba Kush - a strain I was very eager to grow!

Now, there are 5 Bubba Kush and 2 Afghan Kush…IF they survive. frown What remains are still supple. What remains are still growing roots, even though in a retarded state frown I will continue to trim them up as the days pass…hoping they remain alive!

I’m sorry for having treated your generous gift so terribly, my friend @Oldjoints. I feel horrible for having caused this carnage.

Good morning, everyone!

Make it a great day! tup

frown,
WHAB

8 Likes

Hey friend! Hope all is well in the old school house.

Been curious how those cuts ended up. Sucks they’re being stress tested so hard, right away.

Catch ya soon buddy!

4 Likes

Hello my friend! wavy

Thank you for the kind words!

Things are as well as one person could expect, given the situation.

I’ve been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest! ROFLMAO

I think I have my sister situated, at least for the time being. Despite my multiple attempts to dissuade her she bought an RV anyway. I don’t know about her, but I don’t like the ‘park’ she wound up in. So, we may be moving her at some point - IF it were me I would have already moved her.

Girls are alive, despite my multiple attempts at killing them!

Most are looking amazing, though one, the nearest to the A/C unit, is wind-blown. Looks pretty beat up but it is alive. I haven’t even been up there in about 2 weeks. I expected to find dead plants. I was wrong! WAY wrong! tup

Still have a little bit to do at my sisters property, then I’ll be back full time!

I’ll fill in when I get done up in the Loft with the Girls.

Thank you for checking in, brother! tup

Regards,
WHAB

5 Likes

Sorry urlate

I apologize for my absence. It was ‘mostly’ unavoidable, mostly… winky

Besides what I mentioned about my sister above, I have made multiple trips to her burned up place to retrieve items important to her or her other children before those things walk off…and, the 3-Wheelers she said I could have.

One is a 1981 Model Year (first year) ATC200S. The other one is a 1984 Model Year ATC200S. If they’ll run, it would be fun to run around the property here with.

I also brought a couple of 4-Wheelers here for her other son.

And, I’m not sure where these were intended to go but they’re here and I wouldn’t be against having them available IF I can get my ass to the water, that is! ROFLMAO

A 15.5 feet Pelican Canoe and a Old Town Kayak (about 12 feet or so)…

Now, if you’ll recall, I was going there to pick up at least 1 30 gallon barrel. When I got there they weren’t there any longer - they walked away, it seems. frown

Except for hanging the antique door, the Under-Loft space is ready for inhabitants. (and some details I just haven’t worked out yet, A/C catch pan and its drainage, for example)

The space is fully insulated, except the one spot where that 1 outlet resides. I just have to remove power, remove the CMT, cut down the wire and mount it somewhere…likely in the ceiling.

Then, over a few days, I worked out what it would take to make my old white, translucent 2 gallon buckets light-proofed. 2 coats of Rust-Oleum Automotive Undercoating is the answer.

After 1 coat…

After 2 coats…

I was ready to put a 3rd coat on it.

I didn’t expect it to be robust in this test. I was wrong. It did scratch off easily after the first 24 hours or so but, It’s been curing for a couple of weeks and it is scratch resistant. Nice! tup

I am pretty sure I can improve on that. I’m going to abrade (rough up) the surface and give that 2 coats and see how that works!

Now, the above, the 30 gallon barrel and the rehabbed 2 gallon buckets won’t be needed this go round! winky ROFLMAO

After those 30 gallon barrels weren’t available for pick up, I bought one…

It looks like the girls are going to be going straight in to the 5 gallon buckets. I’ll finish Vegging them out in them in the Under-Loft.

Now to the Girls. I didn’t kill them. I don’t know how I didn’t kill them but I didn’t! It wasn’t for lack of trying! ROFLMAO

I was truly expecting to find further carnage at my own hand. I guess the Girls had other plans! winky

I literally left them for dead. This is what I happened upon when I went up there.

The only thing that got me up in the Loft was because I heard the pump whining.

The one (turns out to be 2) on the far right is wind damaged, there is another one right behind that one that I didn’t see when I posted about it earlier.

But, they’re ALL sagging because I ran the Reservoir low on fluids, that’s why it was whining…it was sucking up the very last of the fluids that it possibly could, even though the pump wasn’t ‘pumping’, it was more like dribbling…

And, it’s no wonder it was whining when you see this!..

Those 2 Girls on the far Left were all up in that pumps grill! ROFLMAO

Once I added water to the Reservoir I let it go for several hours in hopes of reviving the Girls and giving them a chance to revive before I messed with them again.

They did revive and I had to turn that A/C away from them…those 2 are beat up bad! I moved it around and couldn’t find a direction that didn’t directly blow on the right end of things, I ended up turning it towards the back wall. I think that should allow the Girls to see at least some of its coolness winky

The Girl on the front left was pushing against the bottom of the Reservoir so hard that it began pushing its way out of the Reservoir!

This is inside of the pump…

These are the Girls roots, sitting on top of a double stack of 5 gallon buckets icon_e_surprised

I filled the Res, pH adjusted it…

This how I left them, and the conditions in which they are currently residing…

Now, I do still have to go back to my sisters burned up place to make sure I got all of the 3-Wheeler parts and pieces that ‘MIGHT’ possibly go on these 2 machines. Once I got them here I did notice a few important parts missing…side covers and such. One, I don’t remember which one, has been modified (upgraded - race equipped) and I don’t want to have to replace something that is probably just laying around over there. I thought they were 2 different size 3-Wheelers because of how the one is set up. I had no clue they were twins until I researched their Data Plates.

Oh, she also said I can have the washer and dryer she had in her basement. So, I do have to go pick those up as well.

In these intervening weeks, it seems I’ve opened up a Laundromat! I’ve done my Niece’s Daughters laundry three times and my Sisters once.

Once I decide which set I’ll keep, either the ones here already and give my Grand-Niece the set my sister gave me, or I’ll bring in the new ones here and let my Grand-Niece this old set.

Oh, dang…I almost forgot.

I have been following up on what I said I’d do, @Rhino_buddy.

Here’s the exchange when I queried them about getting an ‘evaluation’ of potential repairs.

Me…

Them…

I thought there was some confusion so…

Me…

Them…

And, they were right…there is a pretty nice example, same model, same size, going for $45…

Not sure if anyone can see this without having an account, but IF one is able to, it is about 3/4s of the way down the page…

https://seththomasresearch.com/store

He shot me down, brother! You’re still welcome to it but the only actual value it has is in our appreciation for it.

So, unless I have forgotten anything else, which is highly likely, I think I’m all caught up winky

Good morning, everyone!

Make it a great day! tup

Time for a tokie and

rockon,
WHAB

8 Likes

$45?
That’s a good deal!

The antiques market around here collapsed about 7~8 years ago, unless it’s museum quality…

Cheers
G

3 Likes

That was some update friend. The ladies sure did take off on you. Nice litfa! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Those rec vehicles are awesome man! I need to get an offroad vehicle for the land other than our tractor. Those 3 wheelers are awesome, but definitely have that danger factor. I actually did a barrel roll on our '81 atc200S. I barely caught the rear tire on a rock that wasn’t even that big and it put me into a roll. Somehow, adrenaline, I got up and ran off before the thing rolled on top of me. My cousin witnessed it all and said I was fortunate I moved out of the way so fast.

And as for the watch, looks like a piece for the antique cabinet. :wink:

Not worth the repair unless you have a laser welder. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Now I want one of those. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Hello friend!

Yeah, it’s a great deal - for a working example!

And, yeah, the antique market can be quite fluid at times, regardless the item.

I hope you and yours are well and fine, my friend!

Regards,
WHAB

3 Likes

I’ve seen LITFA around, I didn’t know what it meant until I just Google-Fu’d it crazy Appropriate.

They’re doing so well in Cloning Machine 2, I might leave them in there to flower! ROFLMAO I’m not really doing that! ROFLMAO

Yeah, 3-Wheelers were removed from the market for a reason, a very good reason. They can be very dangerous. Glad to read you escaped injury, my friend! By the skin of your teeth, as the quip goes winky

I don’t plan on racing them around. Just a machine to get from here to there and possibly pull a yard cart.

Oh, I got a yard cart from my sisters place. I had contemplated buying a yard cart…they’re quite handy to have around - now I won’t have to put money up for one!tup

Yeah, I have held on to the watch for decades, I don’t have a problem continuing that. I still really like it regardless their representative telling me it’s worth less than my appreciation of it! ROFLMAO

He could have played me and taken my money and left it for me to find out afterwards that it had no monetary value! winky

I thought (briefly) about buying that $45 example just to have a working example of this watch. I’ve thought better of that move and could better use that $$$ somewhere else!

That “laser welder” comment caught my attention, too! I don’t even know if such things exist but, I suppose, anything is possible in this day and age! biggrin

Regards, my friend!,
WHAB

2 Likes

Everything I’m doing is taking way more time than I expected or allotted for those tasks.

6 days since my last post and I’m still not Vegging the Girls! Wow! icon_e_surprised urlate biggrin

My delays, in part, have been due to my back. I have to sit down regularly just to ease the pain on my back. Then, 3 of the past 6 days I have risen from bed in excruciating pain! I’m ‘hoping’ an adjustable bed will help with that once I can afford to buy one BUT, what IF it doesn’t help? Then I’m left in pain and out some $2000 or so…facepalm

I’m just now at the imagining the new space stage. It shouldn’t be too much longer now - I hope! winky

Most of the things in the top picture won’t be in that space. I expect to have only the A/C unit, the Dehumidifier, 6 buckets, the Reservoir and the Control Bucket in there.

In the image above there is a screw in the Rockwool insulation that is the approximate location of the Light. It is 40+ inches from those 3 walls. As of right now, it looks like it’s going to be a great space to Flower in!

I have a question for you all.

I am considering where I should put the Dehumidifier and the A/C unit I will have in there.

I have not completed the sewer drain I was going to put in some time ago.

Here’s the question:

Can I allow the water being pulled out of the air to drain right back in to the Reservoir or the Control Bucket instead of sending it down a drain?

IF I can, things will get going a lot sooner! winky

Very close! woohoo

Oh, dang…the door! crazy ROFLMAO

A very good morning to you all!

Make it a great day! tup

rockon,
WHAB

4 Likes

Fairly sure the water from a dehumidifier is as pure as distilled or RO, if it isn’t technically one of those already; as long as your dehumidifier and the drain hose are kept clean, I don’t see why that wouldn’t work.

Hopefully your back lets you finish up on this soon, definitely looks like a solid setup is starting to take shape here. :slight_smile: Best of luck, and stay safe!

3 Likes