WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

It worked. It could be improved. The slots could be longer. I’ll likely do that while I have the router set up.

But, after I put a blanket on top of the P&S on top of the hoses inside the space it completely blocked the light. The combination of the manifold plate and the weighted down plush cloth on the inside solved the problem.

I feel better about closing the space in with that serious light leak remedied! There was no point in moving forward with closing it in if I couldn’t close that leak.

tup

smoke,
WHAB

7 Likes

I did route the slots longer. But, it looks like the manifold plate probably wasn’t necessary at all. With the plush towel weighted down on the inside it looks like that is blocking the light leak all by itself.

Even knowing that, I made the slots deeper anyway!

The slots could go a little deeper still. Maybe or maybe not! winky Of course I will! winky

wavy,
WHAB

3 Likes

Looking great man! I need to invest in an ac infinity fan, for my stereo cabinet and grow space. :crazy_face:

1 Like

You would not believe how difficult this is doing this with only one person…wow! Besides handling about 12 foot of 6 foot wide material, doing it hunched over makes it twice as difficult, at least for me.

First I had to move the A/C unit. Instead of cutting that P&S away and running new P&S I just pivoted what I already had. It’s not perfect but it will do for now. Until I get that long, East wall up.

I cut a hole in the ceiling panel for the exhaust duct. The other hole to the right was where the hard-wired smoke alarm used to reside. Once I put that East wall up both of those holes will have to be blocked off. I’ve been keeping the cut out pieces for that purpose. I ‘think’ I’m going to cut another hole for the A/C Intake hose. I thought I had some 5 inch ducting hose. I don’t. I have 4 inch ducting hose. I do have 3 pieces of 8 or 10 feet hard ducting.

Then the view with it roughed in…

This is what it looked like when I got it pivoted and the existing P&S roughed in (horrible Metal Halide picture, sorry!). There is a wall-mount oscillating fan laying on the floor. It is now mounted to a stretcher board on that North wall that I had to make to avoid trying to hang the fan on the concrete (stucco). I thought I had taken a picture of it. Looks like I didn’t. I ran the plastic on that North wall and mounted the fan on top of that.

Then running the new P&S out and installing the Adhesive Backed VivoSun Zipper. I had to tuck the extra foot or so of the zipper under the plastic. I’m sure to trip on it! :grin:

I finished taping and stapling the loose cut ends of the plastic on the inside. I have to take care of some final light-proofing and will flip them to Veg at 12pm tomorrow. Lights off will be from 12pm to 6pm.

Back at it! tup

I need a nap! ROFLMAO

rollitup

wavy ,
WHAB

9 Likes

Okay, who has the AC Infinity T6 control panel figured out?

I have set my parameters, high temp, low temp, high humidity, low humidity…but, it doesn’t turn off when I want it off. I am getting an alarm I set for those parameters but it just keeps running.

IF I don’t get it figured out by tomorrow I think it’s going to freeze the plants in lights out with the air conditioning running as if the light was still on.

Anybody got any hints, suggestions? Please?

smokeit2,
WHAB

3 Likes

AC infinity fan users, input please

I used the parameters that @nube posted in this thread, 5 posts down. :grinning:

3 Likes

Well the thing about that is that ups doesn’t deliver to every address but the usps does

Hello @Floyd wavy

So you set no “Low temp monitor”? Doesn’t the fan just run all the time, then?

I’d like to turn the fan off at say 72F.

I am trying to have the fan turn on at temps above 79F and turn off at 72F.

Regards,
WHAB

2 Likes

Nope, it comes on when it hits the high and runs at the fan speed you set in at to bring it down then shuts off. If it were to hit the alarm setting it would beep and go to the highest fan setting to bring it down quickly. In my case I have the rh set at 55 so it comes on quite often. Because of this it doesn’t hit the high temp setting.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Floyd ! tup

I guess I’m just not hitting my presets…it seems biggrin

Hey, do you use Intake Air? Or, I should say, do you used forced or passive intake?

smoke,
WHAB

2 Likes

I use passive. I have my fan speed set at 3 in my 4x4 flower tent. In my other 4x4 tent which at the moment is on a different light schedule I have that fan set to run 24/7 at the lowest fan speed.

3 Likes

Yeah, I suspected as much.

That fan is sucking the plastic sides of the space in like that was its job! crazy biggrin

I have 2 large Doran DV-99 Light Tight Darkroom Louver vents. I’ll make plans to install at least one of them.

I was thinking there is no way I’m going to make it air tight the way it’s constructed and intake would take care of itself.

Thanks a BUNCH, @Floyd ! tup

wavy,
WHAB

2 Likes

No problem. I hope it was helpful. :smiley:

2 Likes

It was indeed! I’m just not seeing it work so I have it in my head that it’s not working! biglaugh

Thanks again, brother!

WHAB

1 Like

Really? I didn’t know that. I was talking to the Postmaster the other day and he said he doesn’t understand Amazon. There is no standard what gets handed off to them. I get both and fed ex here.
:seedling: :blossom: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :seedling:

1 Like

You want your low temp and humidity set too off. The intent of those are not to set the temp/humidity to tun it off at, rather turns it on when lower than that. That would be if you are using the fan to being in warm or humid air. That got me at first too.

3 Likes

The standard for both amazon and ups seems to be whichever runs they can profit off and the rest get sent to the post office amazon fucks my woman from ever having a 8 hour day

I’ll try that. Thank you very much, @ReikoX !

I’m having a problem with my other timer right now - the one controlling the light frown. It should be lights out and it’s not frown.

Thanks again! tup

smoke,
WHAB

1 Like

It’s really starting to take shape!

1 Like

Once you have this controller mastered…
They have a new one ~ with more ‘bells & whistles’ :laughing: :+1:

The hysteresis is +/- 1 for both the temp and RH.

Cheers
G

4 Likes