What anime did you watch recently?

are there any anime fans on OG? this year i finished kenshin, inuyasha, and am almost finished ranma 1/2

i’ve watched so many movies this year but all studio ghibli, the boy and the beast, your name, a silent voice, summer wars are some of the most recent

4 Likes

I religiously watch the Japanese version of dragon ball super with English dubs every saturday

3 Likes

Inuyasha is the longest series even plus all the films it’s just a crazy amount of time. It is a great series don’t get me wrong.

2 Likes

Mobile Suit Gundam : Iron-Blooded Orphans, Inital D, and Howls Moving Castle

2 Likes

i loved howls moving castle, same with spirited away, princess mononoke, kikis delivery service, and ponyo is so dang cute !!! grave of the fireflies is super sad :frowning:

2 Likes

Really liked the Fate/Stay, Fate/Zero, and just finished Fate/Apocrypha that was just released.

I just downloaded Dead Man Wonderland - Hear that one is quite good
And about to start Blue Seed (it was ran from '92 to '96)

But I’ve finished off:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion & R2
Shiki
Grave of the Fireflies (makes me cry every time I watch it)

3 Likes

Long time One Piece fan, but other more recent ones watched would be Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, and Kuromukuro

1 Like

Dragonball mothafuckin Z!! Hahaha I miss watching toonami as a young kid. Cartoons were so much better. Anybody remember Zoids?

2 Likes

I’m not big into anime, but I appreciate the good stuff… can’t like it too much or the jocks will beat me up at school and all. That said, Akira is in my top 5 films of all time. Anyway…

One-Punch Man (available on US Netflix) is great – 12 episodes, though they’re working on a second season. It’s action/comedy, a weird combo of over-the-top fights and mocking anime tropes in a loving fashion.

3 Likes

Ghost in the Shell
Seven Deadly Sins
Naruto
And i’m sure there’s plenty more but I just woke up lol.

And the wife has been watching all sorts of hentai lol. Weird stuff. She’s got this shirt that says

4 Likes

YES!! an anime thread!
Ghost in the shell, hellsing ova’s, vampire hunter d,
The newest castlevania series is pretty boss.

3 Likes

i usually prefer movies and mostly watch anime with my kid who is 10 but i also watched hunter x hunter and sailor moon lol. i almost exclusively watch subtitled as i can’t stand dubbed stuff. i do like all foreign language films especially korean (da best), chinese, russian, european etc. there are some seriously good korean movies tho.

the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya was pretty good movie, wolf children, the girl who leapt through time, the secret world of arrietty, ugh so many ive seen this year (i only really started watching anime with my kid this or last year)

2 Likes

Your name i heard is a good one sword art online dragon ball over lord no game no life are some cool ones as well

2 Likes

Just finished Cowboy Bebop again, and really still in love with it. Samurai Champloo was badass, I need to look that one up next.

4 Likes

Downloading Samurai Champloo after watching the first episode on youtube, looks like a good one.

Cowboy bebop took some getting used to, but definitely my style.
There was a movie called galaxy 999 that really hit home with me too.
I started with the originals like transformers, voltron, and robotech… A lot of people don’t realize those were anime lol

1 Like

Trigun With Vash the stampede is one of the ones I like.

2 Likes

Trigun prolly one my favs champloo a hella good one oh yall should check out attack on titan an tokyo ghoul

5 Likes

Ninja scroll… A classic of 90s anime… The more sexual and violent… The better! Akira is the Pinnacle of classic anime…

1 Like

The wifey watches a lot of these types lol.

Some of them i’m just like WTF… others all got me like… I shouldn’t like that… but I did lol.

2 Likes