What are the most potent in "effect" landraces you have tried?

I’m not sure if this is the best section to post this but if not it can be moved,But Mother Earth is the best breeder of all, If not for her there would be no breeding… I was just wondering what is the most potent landraces that fellow OG members have had the pleasure of trying over the years? I’m just trying to broaden my search for the best landraces based on people’s experiences here… As some of you may know, I’m on the lookout for landraces as I hope to work with some of the special ones myself in my project “Pipe Dream”. I’ve not had the pleasure of trying very many landraces so I’m trying to get some input from others for a starting point.:alien:

2 Likes

I dont care about potency. Durban poison is my favorite!! The stuff i have smells like maynards wine candies. Yum. Terps over everything.

4 Likes

Yeah I changed the title a little I don’t really mean max THC I just mean which has the strongest effects… I do have a durban cross going right now however Durban Poison X Red headed stranger… Should be pretty uplifting I think. I guess I put effect as my number 1 priority then looks and taste, smell afterwards, As if it looks great and smells great but is weak in effect then it is garbage as far as I’m concerned. But to each his own. Of course I want it to have it all if possible…:alien:

3 Likes

True that dude. I like less potent things because i LOVE to puff and when i puff to many narrow leaf varietys i end up with anxietyXD cant say i mind anxiety though its just a feeling.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t care for the anxiety either, I like to find something that is uplifting and energetic while trying to avoid the panic attack causing anxiety, Some times less is more with the heart pounding stuff. I hope to find some real anxiety prone stuff and tame it by breeding it with the right indica to do away with the anxiety traits, Then I think I will be on track to finding something good. Well I hope to start to get to work on my landrace project once my little outdoor season is over with… Hopefully more people will chime in on their favorite landraces…:+1:

1 Like

Definition of real marijuana Durban Poison

4 Likes

I love the “overfilled with thoughts mind” creative energy burst of Durban :slight_smile: My phenos had honey and spicy smell. I know maybe this is not pure landrace , but I also loved Pamir Gold for it´s social and laughing effect. By social I mean talkative about any subject… sometimes almost unstoppable :smiley:

4 Likes

Sounds like me smoking my silver hazeXD talk talk talk talk talk talk

2 Likes

Yeah it just seems hard to find a pure Durban Poison that has not been mixed with some type of indica genetics. I also hear that durban might not be a pure landrace but, I would still like to know who has the purest form of durban Poison in seed form that has not been mixed by the dutch growers. I assume the narrower the leaf might be a good sign of a near pure durban anyway’s. It just seems a lot of Durbans you see have wider leaves showing their genetic mix.

2 Likes

Trying to keep this thread alive, So Guys, What’s your favorite landraces and why? Just hoping to find out what strains people have tried here that really blew them away?:vulcan:

1 Like

Truthfully I smoke a strain I still can’t find it.I’ve checked through all the seed banks .So i guess it was just the street name "Irene"to me its a strength is A cross between 1999 headband/2004 sour diesel /

2 Likes

That’s cool, But those aren’t landrace strains…

1 Like

Well, since nobody has said it and its the one most of started with…

Mexican Sativa

When I was younger, the mexican sativa was more potent than half the crap I see in dispensaries and a fraction of the cost (not to mention all the OTHER things you could find in your brick) xD

I remember years ago everyone was talking about Pure Power Plant (PPP) as being one of the most potent sativa varieties still around, never was lucky enough to smoke any.

2 Likes

Yes, I believe there are great landraces from mexico hence Oaxacan , I hope to oneday source some of the rare landraces that are left before they are gone for the most part except for the privileged few that have access to these strains. I wish that more people that had these rare landraces would share what they have in order to help preserve these rare landraces rather than hoarding them.

2 Likes

I’m currently running a Moroccan landrace. I get great results both growing and getting a deafening stone. From Seedsman, Hash Passion. A Pakistani or afghani Hashplant should do well for you too. Not much sativa landrace experience here.

2 Likes

A rightly matured Zamal stay the strongest landrace that i’ve ever smoked. Not my favorite, but the strongest.

1 Like

Vietnamese red was easily one of the best I smoked, then perhaps Thai sticks, and I got so stupefied on Columbian gold

3 Likes

Yes all these strains that that you all have mentioned sound wonderful. I do plan to try ace seeds zamaldelica among their other great strains such as their malawi killer. I wish i could find some of the oldschool Thai strains. Also i plan to get as many african strains as i can get ahold of as there are many.

1 Like

Have you checked out eskobar over at sannies seeds? He’s got a few Mexican landrace genetics for sale. Oaxacan, Jalisco, idk, probably some others. There are a few other landraces – Columbian, Jamaican, too, forget which breeder but anyway, yeah, check out sannies seeds.

1 Like

Eskobars oaxaca is not very clear :smiley: we had it, its good but not what one expect as oaxaca. Mextiza or purple mexican are now what you want if you search in real deal oaxaca. Esko have just few very good strains like choco rain, but rest is not so good

For landraces there is still the cannabiogen ace and chimera in game

2 Likes