What are these vials called?

Hi OG fam! I hope I am in the right spot for this post. What are these vials called? I want to know what to look for on eBay or whatever to order some for pollen and seed sharing.

Thank you!

5 Likes

This may work for you.

5 Likes

Eppendorf is the word you’re looking for iirc

8 Likes

I always called them micro-centrifuge tubes.

12 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B085Y1FQRR/ref=sspa_mw_detail_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here they are

5 Likes

Thank you everyone! This is why I love this community! It’s the only on I use!

9 Likes

Lol. 13 minutes for three answers might be a new record.

4 Likes

I thought you were teasing me lol

Nope, that is indeed what they are !

4 Likes

Lmao, that does sound like an awesome insult.
“Damnit, I can be such an eppendorf some times.”

5 Likes

LMAO! I know right?! I took the bait and googled it. Glad I did!

2 Likes

Ordered! Thank you so much for the link!

Edit: Now how to fill them? LOL I will figure it out!

2 Likes

1/2 ml is perfect size I think.

3 Likes

Fill them with all your killer seeds and PM me for Addy…,:sunglasses::metal: Place I ordered from had 5 colors, I got blue.

2 Likes

@Instg8ter I got the plain old clear ones. I missed your post. Blue would be sweet! I am going to be pollinating some LA Confidential sometime soon. Private breeder on Strainly. 100% germ, he knows what he is doing! Going to store pollen (cut with flour) in them too. Do you store pollen? I tried once before and I flubbed it somehow, not viable. I see I am supposed to bake the flour and then store finished product in freezer in Thermos? Does this sound right?

3 Likes

Once out of the freezer you can’t put back in so if you plan on multiple breedings divide it into baggies before you freeze. 25% pollen to 75% baked all purpose flower at 225f for at least half hour. I have 5 crosses I hit with Pineapple Thai stored and sent after frozen and all branches I painted had 20-40 seed so far…:crossed_fingers::sunglasses::beer:

4 Likes

Awesome! Thank you! That’s why I was thinking these tiny vials would be a the perfect choice. Just take one out for breeding and keep the rest frozen. Divide the strains in baggies for quick access. Crazy how delicate the pollen is!

2 Likes

The member who sent said he has had viable up to a year but it loses potency I guess…my girls seemed to like a taste of Pineapple Thai. I’m gonna start Pimping out my Manwhores, just made them a Cave separate from the Jungle, carrying about 5 nice Cultivars now.

2 Likes

Oh so you can ship pollen? That’s cool it works. Most posts I read make me thankful I live in the tundra in the winter to be able to take the thermos out of the freezer and bring outside in the bitter cold to find what strain I want without the rest thawing out.

Any tips on filling those tiny vials?

2 Likes

Small spoon…

1 Like

Open them, fill them, then close them

1 Like