:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

IMO You didn’t miss much

2 Likes

Excuse me while I throw out some musical free association…

The North Mississippi Allstars are brothers Cody and Luther Dickinson and their buddy Chris Chew. Cody and Luther are the sons of legendary rock producer/musician Jim Dickinson. I saw NMAS live back in their early days - I want to say 2000. Luther was a fantastic guitar player back then and has only gotten better. I’ve posted this clip before, but check out his solos in this Velvet Underground cover during his time with The Black Crowes (he’s chilling in the back left behind Chris Robinson):

NMAS bass player Chris Chew is married to Jennifer Hartswick who is so freaking talented. She’s a great trumpet player, but that voice… Oh man!

I’ve seen Jen play in Trey Anastasio’s band for years, but she’s been creating music with Nick Cassarino who I’ve only seen perform once. That band was called The Nth Power. I went looking for a clip and found one from the actual set I saw!!! Not only that, but the guy who filmed it dubbed in audio from another source which turns out to be MY OWN AUDIO RECORDING from that night! Crazy!

I brought two stereo recording rigs to this music festival in Florida and left one at each of the big stages to capture all the bands. Tons of great funk and soul that weekend. It was my first time seeing St. Paul & The Broken Bones:

4 Likes
4 Likes