🎧 What Are You Listening To? Volume 3 (Part 1)

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
7 Likes
3 Likes

Here is a couple…

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Stanton Moore is a really impressive drummer. I’ve hung out with him before and recorded his main band, Galactic, a number of times. New Orleans funk with a horn section is my jam!

Their modus operandi is to play a few instrumental tunes, then have a guest vocalist sing a few, then some more instrumental, followed by the singer again. They’ve toured with Corey Glover (Living Colour), Macy Gray, various hip-hop artists, and a number of singers you’ve never heard of. When they first started out in the 90s they had a regular singer, Theryl “The Houseman” DeClouet (RIP):

with guest vocalist Maggie Koerner

5 Likes

Another one of Stanton Moore’s projects: Garage a Trois

1 Like

The wife and I had our wedding party walk out to Peaches En Regalia…it was her choice. Definitely confirmed that I had found a keeper.

4 Likes

This next one comes with a reminder to support independent music venues and musicians anyway you can in these weird times.

Sadly I never got to see a set at the Checkerboard Lounge, but I am lucky enough to frequent many of the city’s other fantastic venues.

This set is a must watch for all blues fans, just as much for the vibe and energy in the room as the tunes themselves.

9 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

better version

1 Like

Come one, come all to 1984…

4 Likes