What are you listening to?

3 Likes

Some Russian

Some Canadian

Some Ukrainian

I didnā€™t think there was another person on this planet who remembets Air and the Playground Love. Are you by chance also familiar with various strangeness of Radiohead and, perhaps, on an odd day Aphex Twin?

1 Like

Haha just going through what everyone else listens to. Such better music than mine lol

Sure am! Normally I assume my musical exposure is broad & varied (because it is :grin:) but this thread has shown me another level-- international music-headā€™s. So many songs & artists in this thread are unfamiliar to me, I dig that mostly, and there seems to be a an unspoken rule here that we donā€™t criticize here, only withholding applause at the dis-tatseful. :musical_score: :thumbsup:

Radio, pop music, mtv, the dawn of mp3, etcā€¦ are all things that newer generations havenā€™t really experienced and I only now can appreciate the difference with hindsight. :thinking: With the hyper-fuss of social media & devicesā€¦ the past seems more social & ā€œconnectedā€ than the present ā€œself-aggragation/segregationā€ or tribalism/exclusivity that seems to be our present zeitgeist. :earth_africa:

Thatā€™s all for today, class. :older_man:

heheh

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

this was on the oldies station this AM - great tune! in 1983 almost like a farewell to the 70ā€™s - itā€™s got little clips of people loving each other! ā€¦did not know Billy Ocean is Rastafarian

5 Likes

Well said my man. I couldnā€™t agree more about the past, especially music, being more connected and relatable. I thought it was just about getting older. Resignation maybe. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like
1 Like

2 Likes

The Potcast, Ep. 32
Odie, Home Grown Natural Wonders

imo, Potty McPotface just keeps getting better :thumbsup:

an hour of ā€˜what happened with TGA/Subcoolā€™, and very good interview.

https://soundcloud.com/user-928350579-16614181/odie-of-home-grown-natural-wonders

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like
1 Like