What are you listening to?

So much soul in his music

3 Likes

:thinking: I believe music is our species’ single contribution to planet Earth. :notes: :earth_americas:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes
2 Likes

One of my favorite performers ever. I remember riding down the road, in my youth, doing construction work and hearing on the radio that he had passed away. It was a sad day for music then, and it has yet to recover, in my opinion.

regards,

mike28086

3 Likes

I don’t know if anyone seen the movie Requiem For A Dream, but this woman put together a solo of the song done entirely by violin. I got buzzed and watched and listened to her play and she’s pretty good on a buzz

2 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

I love Roy. Have you heard his ‘undiscovered’ album that they released a while ago? It’s called ‘One of the Lonely Ones’ and was recorded shortly after his kids died in that fire and then shelved and forgotten about for years. Its incredibly sad but very beautiful and inspirational too.

I love his version of you’ll never walk alone from the album:

5 Likes

We all know the 80s version of this song by the group ‘Naked Eyes’. I had no idea it was an older song until I heard old Frankie’s version the other day, what a great tune!

4 Likes

Thanks for the information, I listen to mostly pre-1995 era music.
I’ll check into it.

regards,

mike28086

2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Haven’t heard this since I was a kid forgot all about it

1 Like
2 Likes

mmm

jjjj

peace

1 Like

A swing through the 70’s. The 70s were a hell of a lot of fun!

3 Likes
3 Likes