What are you paying for a zip of medicinal cannabis flower in 2024?

What are you paying for a zip of medicinal cannabis flower in 2024?

I have been paying about $170 for top shelf zips of flower at rec retail when I have occasionally stopped into one this year. Although I then catch 16%/$27 tax on top of that. So that’s about $200 a zip out the door of a brick & mortar today for me or $7.03 per gram. Sound fair? There are usually sales or I get an additional 10% for being a patient and/or vet as well.

15 Likes

I’m not sure. Mine would be covered my insurance if I were to buy some. So pretty cheap.

6 Likes

Wow! What state/providence are you in?

3 Likes

Ontario. Not going to say provider. They don’t all do it, but some do.

Just need a prescription.

An ounce of rec schwag is about $100

7 Likes

That is nice! Happy belated Canada Day brother ;-)~

7 Likes

Thanks man. It just means a day off and fireworks really. Good thing my dog doesn’t care.

7 Likes

I have never partaken but i know people that use the VA dispos saying they would pay 370 for tippity top shelf.

Have had those same people say my homegrown is better lol

7 Likes

Outrages prices here in Illinois, might be better off going to your local pot dealer if you ask me…hell we have been growing so much here in Illinois and we can’t possibly smoke/eat all of it, believe me we tried…btw, we(farmers/ranchers) give our pot out for free and we still have a stockpile…life is great folks now that Illinois is a med/rec state…

32 Likes

today i pay $about $180 at the local dispo with my vet’s discount and the discount they give for bringing in five cans of food for the food bank. that’s the top shelf stuff, the other stuff is a little cheaper but i stay away from it. no rec to compare it with but i can get a pound for $900 in mi, but then it’s about a six hour drive home across several state lines. that’s not medical though, or maybe it is, hard to say but it isn’t found at that price in the dispo up there…

4 Likes

I hear you @PhilCuisine You don’t know what you have until it’s gone ;-)~

As a grower myself, I have had my flower room shut down for a year now for the first time in a decade. As my medicine cabinet becomes shockingly bare I have been purchasing a lot more than I would like, or can afford, to keep a nice variety for tolerance reasons. Hopefully I’ll be back 12/12 before years end.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s about what it is here. ~$170 or so on deals, 220 or so if not, plus the canna tax if you’re not medical which is 25%.

I was paying $10/gram for better quality off the streets (homegrows) 20 years ago. One day :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Proof is in the pix…

I still have more hanging in my garage from last years grow as I text…not the mention boxes of mason jars and 7 5 gal. buckets of buds still untrimmed.

27 Likes

I assume in the smell of that truck as well after that transport ;-)~

3 Likes

I had to drive through 4 towns and I had to shut my windows as I passed the local police departments…
btw this is just me, I have 15 farmers/ranchers growing my homemade strains in 7 towns and 3 county’s in Illinois…some of the farmers/ranchers don’t even smoke/ingest pot at all…

10 Likes

Oz here is around 240$ med weed,
Rec weed “top shelf” although it’s shit really, goes for 450$ Give or take, outdoor you can get for 150$

1 Like

There is no Medical in Ny never really was .Medical got sidelined and shoved to the Side for Rec Tax money in my state under the Guise of Equity that just ended with the head of the Cannabis commission board being removed and the Equity board Itself being dissolved due to the Delay it caused in giving out Licenses result in an internal audit that went so badly they wont even publish it.I mean who knew that being equal meant you cant just give licenses to one group and not everyone else for equality i mean doesn’t make sense right?lol yeah thats how badly Ny dropped the ball after all the years of watching Cali and Colorados ups and downs you would figure someone would learn lol nope Good ol Ny being Ny and fucking up a wet dream.Expect to pay almost 400$ an Oz for thier top shelf that they call Exotics.I have homegrown that looks and tastes and smokes better that is half trimmed and almost a year old now

4 Likes

Looks like it’s still $480 an ounce here, without discounts. Fairly sure we have the dubious distinction of the most expensive legal weed in the world. As far as paying for it… I’m certainly not, but I guess some people still are, otherwise the dispensaries and MSOs would stop paying their bribes and we’d get real legalization with homegrowing. Basically, might as well still be buying from the black market, except you couldn’t get quantity discounts from the dispo if you wanted.

2 Likes

I started growing due to price (and quality) at dispensary once I started harvesting I never went back.

Good growing

Smib

3 Likes

Something similar happened here in Michigan. 8 years into our voter medical law, in 2016 our Capital/Lansing ventured into a regulation and medical facility licensing scheme via their own legislation. It was a heyday for all of the lawyers, lobbyists, politicians and wannabe canna investors, but it caught up to a few of them last year.

4 Likes

All of these States had a chance to step up and do the right thing and actually have something that would have benefited everyone Instead of get involved in something they knew absolutely nothing about and refused to Take a logical adult stance on.They acted like Spoiled greedy little children and the Citizens got to bear the weight of thier poor choices only to pat themselves on the back for Doing absolutely nothing but make things hard for everyone else and reaping what they could.Kathy Hochul is doing back flips Screaming from the mountain tops Look at what a good job thier doing while they sink the state more and more into the toilet every year but we have Equity so i makes up for it.I dont even think Cuomo had this much Dirty shit this early on in his career.

2 Likes