What are you smoking today? Vol. 1

Oh man, that looks good and sounds even better. I have some old seeds of PR that I got to pop. I had one flowering nice last year and had to leave for work. A friend didn’t take very good care of it and it got infested with bugs and PM. I lost it.I still have some seeds, though.

peace

2 Likes

You most definitely should have another go at it if you have the seeds man, PR is just such a nice smoke, completely different to the vast majority of weed around these days and those bright purple pistils look amazing. I’ll be putting some more in next year that is for sure, hopefully it might even be a better season!

3 Likes

I’m going to try them again this summer and start them much earlier. I tried to squeeze in about 6 more plants outside at the end of the summer, but I got called off to work out of state and had no control. I’m almost positive from the looks of her before it got overcome, that it’s a real deal. My buddy couldn’t get them to germinate. An old timer gifted him and that’s about all I know. He also gave me a small bag of mixed Mexi landrace seeds. It might be fun looking into. I have no more info than that.

peace

1 Like

Orange Sunshine from last years outdoor… :tangerine: :sunrise:

:evergreen_tree:

12 Likes

Is that the Bodhi strain? It looks yummy!

peace

2 Likes

It’s the F2 of Bodhi’s, seeds gifted from @50State :hugging:

4 Likes

Some homemade open blast butane extraction which has turned out very nice, is so pale it is almost white, is handleable and not sticky, and seems twice as strong as my previous extractions from previous cycles. There is some of the previous darker extraction underneath.

As I improve the environment my plants are in and extract sooner after cutting and trimming, the better it seems to get.

I used the ‘virus check’ method to purge the butane, I have the extract in a pyrex dish and sit that on my external hard drive then virus check it. The roughly 5W of heat dries it out without heating it up too much at all and does a great job.

9 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

11 Likes

:joy_cat:you rushin’ things AGAIN? :hourglass_flowing_sand: :scissors: :smoking:

:hugging:

3 Likes

Dude I wanted to ask you how mango is the smell of the XXL? I have a wicked Malawi/Panama pheno that reeks of mango skin and I’d like a potent stinky mango indica to put over it to bring it’s size and flower times down. I was just going to go with the standard somango but I’m liking the look of the XXL.

1 Like

Very nice, I think that’s where I read about it a little. I remember seeing it on the seed menu a good while back. I figure anything with SSDD is gonna be worthy of a look! Thx

Hey Oleskool, I have a cross from an upcoming breeder called SAN called ShivaDawg. It looks almost just like that. I grew it outdoors. It’s an '87 M39 Shiva Skunk x Stardawg Illuminati cut. It’s special! I’ll post a pic.

peace

2 Likes

That’s funny as hell man, but genius at the same time! Very controlled through science!

peace

2 Likes

I don’t think it is very potent smelling at all. That is why I grow it. Incognito…

regards,

mike28086

2 Likes

Probably preaching to the converted here I know, but when using butane, it pays to be careful what type you are using, the same goes for propane; often they will both contain a light oil fraction to keep seals of the storage container they are in from perishing. A 9kg propane BBQ gas bottle can contain as much as 20-30 ml of light mineral oil, once this in in the extract mix it’s PITA to get out and it will end up in the extract, smelling vaguely strange and giving everyone a headache. Not ideal obviously.

The ultra purified butane is the stuff to get. I have used the venti butane mostly because it evaporates cleanly but most purified should be ok. If in doubt, do a evaporation test on a peice of clean glass, if there is any residue, don’t use it.

2 Likes

The purple pistils on a tall plant with long colas is the real give-away, these turn fire red and are very distinctive. I’ve seen pictures of other plants, mostly indica types with purple pistils instead of the usual white, but not on a tall sativa like this. It’s got a notably sweet smell to it for the whole grow. Like a lot of these equatorial sativa It can get a bit lanky and not fully fill out if not getting the full day of light, so even here I have found I need to face them east/west where I am to get maximum sun. ACE have a good Panama imho.

1 Like

I let them start flowering in a 3 gallon I think, and it didn’t get very tall before flowering. It was more of a cola with small side limbs. But, as it started flowering the white pistils looked exactly like every picture I’ve seen. I think I have a pic of it while I was home and it was still doing good. The hairs were very thick and standing straight up almost like a flame. I can’t wait to try it again. I’m older and would love it if I have a good one from that time. Thanks for the info. I gotta dig some pics up!

I’ve never done butane and don’t plan on it myself. I use extraction grain alcohol made for extraction locally right now. Much cleaner than Everclear. It’s just for myself in small batches to use up my prime trim. If I could afford it I’d love to have a press and do rosin.

peace

2 Likes

I totally get it man. It’s a lot more hazardous with butane that’s for sure. I have found with method you are using, if you freeze the weed wet and then rinse it with either ISO/Ethanol cold from the freezer, the chlorophyll remains locked up in the frozen plant tissue and you will manage to extract all the good stuff while getting a minimum amount of chlorophyll. The trick here using a very polar solvent like ethanol is to keep it all below freezing so water/chlorophyll from the frozen plant tissue doesn’t leak and contaminate your batch. So if I’m soaking it I put in a container in the freezer to soak There are ways to remove the chlorophyll that are not too chemically hostile, but it’s always better to not have in in your extract in the first place imho.

Anyway, sos for hijacking the thread lol.

3 Likes

This is a bad time to find this thread down to the last couple grams of my last grow now. Wicked Widow by Sensible Seeds. She is an S1 clone of white widow. Very smooth a little peppery scent when you rub the leaves. The flowers are not DANK but sweet and spicy when blooming. She kicks nice but is likely a day time choice for medicators. That was my 2nd harvest and I got 66 g from the Mom.

4 Likes

I hear you. I use a product called 42O Extractor made by Mystic Mountain Distillery in CO. https://42oextractor.com/ It’s a much cleaner and ultra filtered product than Everclear. It’s cheaper than Everclear also.

I keep it in the freezer and put my trim in the freezer overnight. Then after extraction I put the filtered alcohol back in the freezer for 72 hours to “winterize” it which drops all the lipids and crap further.

It’s not the most cost effective way to do it without having a distiller to reclaim the alcohol, but makes a nice fairly inexpensive way for the ghetto home grower to keep some concentrates on hand.

Hey Olbrannon. Somebody recently sent me some beans of that cross. I hadn’t heard of it before. Not sure when I’ll get around to trying it… Thanks for the report!

peace

2 Likes

@GMan “Somebody recently sent me some beans of that cross”

Have a grow diary up of it. Will add some more later.

1 Like