What are your favourite plants in the garden

absolutely love my bargain flowers, Lilly’s are my absolute favourite and have a beautiful smell, already had 3 neighbours coming out to tell me how nice the smell is only problem is how do I make them last longer any ideas would be much appreciated. Hoping to see other people’s favourite plants and how they take care of them! :metal::green_heart: @anon58740919 recommend to tag @G-paS for the shared love of flowers :blush:

12 Likes

I don’t know about favorite, I really like all plants. Chili’s I guess, garlic and peas are up there. Morning glories are up there too though, they grow like mad and you don’t have to do anything to them! No food, no deadheading, just plant em and let them rip! Also I have pics on my phone haha.

8 Likes

Quite strange planting in flex ducting.

Just kidding. Looks great!

For me it’s poppies

3 Likes

My bitter melons

Citrus trees

8 Likes

@potpotpot They are really pretty! Is morning glory classed as Bindweed also? I quiet like growing all kinds fruit/veg/herbs fascinating too watch ohh and the smell from most is devine :green_heart:

2 Likes

I like most all flowers, but I really like zinnias… especially this one :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Wow what a beautiful flower :heart_eyes: @HorseBadorites

4 Likes

We are definitely saving seeds from that one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Cheeky sod arnt you :rofl: thankyou ohhh I like what poppies provide opioids are decent! :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of bitter Melons they look quite strange wouldn’t mind knowing a bit more basic knowledge about them!

3 Likes

Non cannabis related, I grow/propagate/sell rare philodendrons. I’m partial to p. splendid and Paraiso Verde, but I like them all :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Morning glories and bindweed are related, but not the same. Morning glories are annuals, so they grow from seed every year, bindweed is perennial and regrows from the same roots every year, which is why it so invasive. Morning glories can be invasive sometimes too I guess, but they rarely reseed themselves for me. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Yeah, damn that is pretty. Extra points for being a single bloom too! :+1:

2 Likes

Never liked them when I was a kid but now I can’t get enough of them…you can get them at Walmart, Miejers or Asian markets…they also have health benefits…

6 Benefits of Bitter Melon (Bitter Gourd) and Its Extract

• Packs Several Important Nutrients. Bitter melon is a great source of several key nutrients. …
  • Can Help Reduce Blood Sugar. …
  • May Have Cancer-Fighting Properties. …
  • Could Decrease Cholesterol Levels. …
  • May Aid Weight Loss. …
  • Versatile and Delicious.

I have Calamondin and Variegated Pink Lemon trees too…

9 Likes

This is stunning :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Those leaves are magnificent!

3 Likes

Thankyou I think I may go on the hunt for these! new things to try are always welcome especially if they benefit the mind and body naturally. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

A few from my carnivorous plant garden

12 Likes

@Colonoscopy look it’s you’re favourite venus fly traps. Bet everyone in b&q hates us after our last fiasco with these. :rofl::v:

2 Likes

I grow or been growing my own…btw, some asian restaurants also have them on the menu.

3 Likes