What Coco HFF looks like at the end

That Is It,this Is what 1 liter air pots root structure looks like After chop.Massive roots that take over Coco coir and created a sorte of dwc structure

I think I m gonna run again Coco/perlite in 1 liter :grin:

34 Likes

I think your spaghetti is sticking together.

Looks healthy and impressive :+1:

3 Likes

Based on my experience It Is not worth going 2 gal with Coco/perlite and HFF,for comparison :got more roots in Little container than in 2gal,less trim and dirt to manage!
Now I’ll wait to test the dry material trimmed flowers of both plants but I already sure the 1 liter got more flowers per volume of container than the big boy even tho She was massive
16786947909705626009696138088286|375x500

5 Likes

They are likely noodles,but I enjoy both,thank you :heart:

3 Likes

That is fantastic.
I always grow in coco, but never tried the aeropots.

Will have to buy a couple to test.

HG!

3 Likes

If I May give you an advice It would be to use smaller air pots than the bigger One,only if you are using automatic feedings though,If you hand feed go for a bigger pot and It Will stay moist for longer
@Piter

1 Like

Yeah, thanks.

I have some of my littles in 1 liter pot (not aero-pots) and have to add water all days, and they still in vegetative stage and not big…

HG!

1 Like

Just consider using an aquarium pump and a timer,so you can automate It.Those pots with holes really get dry fast
@Piter

1 Like

This. I don’t autofeed and my 1L pots need 11oz daily.

Fantastic work @Andrexl ! I’m now gonna try pure coco in my newly build system which usually took promix BX as it’s top medium :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Pure Coco It Is supposed to work as what you Ve seen,adding perlite has not helped with roots development,what helped was water sitting in tray for a bit,so they started to grow down.
My next experiment Will be and Hybrid coco-dwc like an octopot,a Little reservoir under a Cup with Coco coir,Fed from above every now and then.I don’t know,I feel It could work nicely
@Pigeonman thank you so much :heart:

2 Likes

The kit I build is a self-contained RDWC-Fallponics system with top-feed. aka: overkill.
Should do nicely. Thanks for sharing the root-wealth @Andrexl !

4 Likes

If you don’t mind to send some pic or explaining It you can hit my private messages,I m very interested to build something similar too.Thanks again
@Pigeonman

2 Likes

Here ya go bud, some pics in progress as I just got the last parts needed to complete yesterday.

3.5" net pots modified with 3/8 holes drilled at appropriate distances to align with the protruding nubs of the lowest section of the 1L air-pots.

This is Version 2.0 of what I call the “ΩPot”.

The first one had 1 site versus 6 with no top-feed. It grew a BOG SourBlutooth that turned into LEGIT SHRUBBERY. That run taught me a lot and this is the next variation where the 3rd will prob have more tweaks learned from this one.

It’s based on the Mexican farming style called “Chinampa”, which involves building floating reed platforms on lakes and utilizing the living/moving water source to grow.

I have a pile of cuts sitting in a jar of water from my Buddhas Cane from @ShitSeeds that if they root are gonna be the first test run of this thing.

:ok_hand: :crossed_fingers:

25 Likes

Excitement factor is at 1 million

4 Likes

THAT Is LEGIT FIRE,only thing my setup has almost identical Is the netpot idea under 1l pot and the reservoir.Can’t wait to see how It works with leds and your setup
Brilliant idea😍

3 Likes

This is one of the coolest things I’ve seen. Chinampa.

2 Likes

LOL! I forgot to update!

Here’s it is currently running 6x Jew Gold 1974:

I use Fulvik in my nute mix so pay no mind to the brown stained fishbones at the base of the standardard ones.

:v:

11 Likes

:+1:

maybe a silly question, but how much of the net pot is submerged? air gap, or no? :thinking:

:v:

1 Like

currently there’s about a 2" gap from the bottom to the water surface. Its rather turbulent in there so all the hydrotron is getting spritzed in one way or another.

In my RDWC I had up to 2" of the hydrotron submergered, plants gave not one fuck. :rofl:

4 Likes

Well this Is outstanding
Will have more question when I m home

Edit:What nutes are you running?
Tap or RO?
How is this system working?Did you find any cons?
Do you changed something from the originale Plan?
Thank you,I really like this Hybrid and think other people could be interested
@Pigeonman