What could this be? A mushroom?

Hey guys,
I need some help. I went to check 2 of my plants and saw this on the bottom of the water holes. Looks kinda like a mushroom ish something. I have never seen anything like it in my grows. I transplanted not to long ago and I don’t have that in the others. I did repot a house plant for my wife, wonder if that has something to do with it. Just wondering if it will do harm to my plants. Only one i am concerned about is my JOTI Chemo, FINALLY got a girl. What do you think ??

5 Likes

looks like a root pushing something out :slight_smile:

but I am a stoner :wink:

2 Likes

Looking like you have some mushrooms going on there lol

2 Likes

I would have to say that those look like mushroom :mushroom:… What kinda of you using? Any chance you tossed some mushrooms in the soil? Or are growing mushrooms around your place?

I can’t think of whatels that could be.

3 Likes

Hmm
Using Fox Farm and transplanted 6 that day and just these 2 plants are showing it. Should I dig them out ? Freaky !

1 Like

Cool! :sunglasses: :+1:

Did you dose the soil with a Myco inoculate?
…or…
Is some of your compost from a mushroom farm?
either way, I don’t think you have an issue.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Your likely correct… Just pull the shrooms and toss them. They will likely produce more later on… I also don’t think its gonna cause any harm.

5 Likes

Oh good. Wish they were of the other variety though. Thanks for the swift advice. I feel much better knowing that the girls should be ok.
Thanks again friends

3 Likes

Habit of Fox Farm popping little landscape fungi… Also a sign of healthy biology in the soil so a super plus there

9 Likes

@toastyjakes
Thanks, music to my ears.

2 Likes

Definitely look to be mushrooms. May or may not be a problem depending.

I had some yellow ones start in my Foxfarms soil too. I guess they are a common contaminant at greenhouses.

In one pot the soil always felt heavy, and my moisture meter showed the soil was wet yet the plant seem to be wilting. When I harvested, and dumped out that pot, the mushrooms had completely colonized the pot taking over all the rootspace. I think the moisture probe was reading the mushroom mass!

11 Likes

Perfect specimens!

Like yellow snow… don’t eat it. :laughing: :rofl: :speak_no_evil: :face_vomiting:

Cheers
G

3 Likes