What did I do wrong?

I recently harvested my feminized seeds and now when they germinate all they do is pop open and then nothing. I let them fully mature on plant then let air dry for a week then put in Tupperware bowl in fridge for a week now but not growing. I tried after 2 days from harvest and 2-1/2 weeks later.

6 Likes

Have you placed them in a warm spot between a moist paper towel in a zip lock , with the root showing they should sprout maybe really tough shells are causing some issues?

5 Likes

I usually air dry in the dark for a month, but that’s just me. Keep trying them I’m sure they will go sooner or later.

1 Like

Yeppers

now I’m actually taking a clone from the original mother that was reversed with colloidal silver. Then thrown outdoors to reveg and now flowering again this time female. Lol but seriously I have never encountered this before

3 Likes

Are you trying to sprout them in the fridge? Sorry if not just sounds like that’s what your doing and if that’s the case then your problem is them being too cold to grow.

1 Like

Took them out of fridge and put in paper towels moist not drenched as I have for 30 years and set on top of shop light. I have germinated seeds from around the entire planet. Just not sure what’s the problem with these seeds.

5 Likes

Ah ok and not sure what the issue could be. Only time I’ve experienced anything like that is when the seeds were 30yrs old.
I’d try soaking them over night in some sugar water, maybe the plants didn’t provide them with enough carbs to fully start.

2 Likes

Maybe try a direct sow into promix, coco or something like that? They’re sure trying to sprout!

3 Likes

Have you tried sugar water?

Might sound off but little peroxide could soften the helmet up and help with popping out.

4 Likes

Not sure if it’s a thing, but was the mother plant showing any deficiencies while the seeds were maturing?

3 Likes

@itza419. Your method has worked for 30 yrs. so I don’t think that is the problem. Maybe thick shell casings? If it was me I would take some sandpaper and scuff a few and try again. It may not be the issue, but I don’t think it would hurt.

3 Likes

Seed germination rates increases initially after harvest as they dry out, they typically don’t do well till a good 3-4weeks past harvest and its best to let them air dry as if you jar or seal them up to early you can actually spoil them.

13 Likes

I put them in a dresser drawer in bowl with lid off for now I will try again in a couple weeks . Sure hope they didn’t spoil. I hope they still have life to grow since they pop open then just stop.

2 Likes

Back up plan just in case…

bubble clone and make some more

4 Likes

5 days later no soaking just watered and forget it. Who would have thought. A fricking peat pellet.

hey @beacher

6 Likes

I do my growing in coco, but all seeds and clones start in peat pellets. They are super simple and work well.

4 Likes

I prefer peat pellets over anything else really, for seeds or for cuttings.

3 Likes

Temperatur!?

1 Like

I also use peroxide and soak, once the taproot pops i plant into a peat puck

3 Likes