What did you accomplish today?

Well my chiller broke again. Fuck.

Too my dog for a walk and it ended up being a really nice day.

Stopped by my friend’s brewery and hung out for awhile.

Went to my folk’s place and had a nice conversation over a fire in their back patio.

All in all, not a bad day!

8 Likes

Painted some doors (new house build). Thought about getting back into home brew as beer prices are ridiculous (taxes). Put on the pot belly and chilled by the fire.

3 Likes

So far, literally nothing except spend money. Pressure washer hose connection broke and come to find out that version is no longer used. So a new pressure washer was bought, the old connection will have to be ordered directly from the company, and soon as this joint is gone work can begin

3 Likes

so what’s the plan, return the new one when the other part comes in? :wink:

2 Likes

Got the first coat of sealer on the deck. More soil added to the hugelkulture and a couple rotting trees broken down to extend said garden bed.
Bomb ass Sloppy Joe variation using Italian sausage and chicken breast, onions, green peppers, and red sauce for lunch.
Big ups to @StevieG for the help

5 Likes

So I have been doing some side work to supplement my job lately. Not happy about that fosho. Word to the wise, if you are building a new home, and thinking about a basement level bath, talk to your plumber before you pour concrete. :disappointed_relieved:

Now what am I going to do to get my muscles to relax, hmmm?

11 Likes

Jump in the tub!!!

3 Likes

Went to my local homebrew store and bought a 50lb bag of rice hulls so I can start preparing my (2-3)16cf raised beds!

10 Likes

13 Likes

What sort of tree do we have here?

PS Like the stone work…the weeds will love to nestle in between those stones if they are set in soil. Might suggest gardeners cloth if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

Weeping cherry. Supposed to get 12 feet tall x 15 feet wide. (3.65m x 4.57m)
Was my buddy’s mothers day gift for his wife.

4 Likes

What a nice gift.

Beautiful trees.

3 Likes

all the time when we were framing apts on slab the plumbers pipes would be wayyyy off the mark, like sometimes a foot or two, and it’d land in another room or directly under a (wrong) wall, they’d be coming back and jackhammering every single building, sometimes 10-20 bathrooms. fuckin idiots!

4 Likes

Filled a 55 gallon drum with trim from the moms

10 Likes

Went to my local homebrew store and bought a 50lb bag of rice hulls

what did they charge you? The best I could do locally was $40 and you have to pre-order

3 Likes

The “420” crowd has a reputation that precedes them, eh?

2 Likes

I joined overgrow, lol

Since everything else went haywire today…

11 Likes

Nothing like creating work, eh?

1 Like

That is a worthy accomplishment, congratulations!!

3 Likes

You got a pretty good deal then mine came out to 48$ and change not bad in my opinion… they had a 1/3 of a bag which probably would of lasted them another month or so not enough for my needs a typical homebrew batch ten gallons for a wheat beer would be a pound or so … I used about 1/2 a bag for my 16 cf bed LOL!

2 Likes