What did you accomplish today?

Cleaned Yard

Monarda and Hissop Bed

Thornless Black Raspberry bed

Veggie Bed

The Fruit Trees beat me again. Two years in a row now. These are supposed to be dwarfs, but between the messed up weather and my messed up schedule, they are in flower and should have been pruned back.

7 Likes

Beautiful spot you have there brother. Have a beautiful day! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Thanks bro. I really love being in the yard. So many of my friends are there.

6 Likes

It gets really loud in my yard in the spring. I love it! I see you are into the wild birds also. I can’t keep feeders full now. Haven’t seen hummers yet or Monarch Butterflies but it won’t be long! Looking forward to that magical time in the yard. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Be sure to have some milkweed going for the monarchs! That brings em in every time.

3 Likes

Got my decoupling membrane down this afternoon I could not resist showing off one more picture of my hash ball that i made this morning I’m proud of it ha ha.

it’s not so pretty now and neither am I

Goodnight.

11 Likes

That is a lot of work, sleep well. :grin:

3 Likes

I went to a networking group meeting for cannabis entrepreneurs tonight here in Colorado.

When I told them that I’ve been working on a way to integrate lighting and HVAC that can save commercial facilities up to 75% off their power bills, people got very interested!

7 Likes

Started the Install of my new rack setup :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Does getting a mistrial count as an accomplishment? Lol

7 Likes

I’m not seeing any rules against it. Grats :innocent:

1 Like

It’s not outright victory but it’s far from defeat.

2 Likes

put a match to them dam leaves

I had to google that. Wow, cool product. If I would have put that down my marble floor wouldn’t have cracked when the house settled I imagine. good thing is that the marble broke on the bottom of the tile and the crack doesn’t show ontop. you can only see the crack underneath from a certain angle.

my fence is stuck in limbo because my dad’s an old stubborn nutter with ocd.
began it 3 years ago, left 30’ unfinished, why? see above.

he took out a ‘regular ole fence’ & put in:
12"x3’ deep steel posts(i.e. chain link), jointed, keyed, & steel-reinf. curb at base between posts, painted & hand-cut dog ears, like it’s a jewelry box. he had to buy a drill press (for his posts), and rent & jackhammer 2’ for each post. because he wouldn’t shift his posts away from the ancient fence post footings. :stuck_out_tongue:

I lived in a similar setup to the one at the thread’s start… 55 acres, unfinished, drafty-ass house with animal roommates, heh, (not just the grower dude–like, owls & bees & shit). Ever since, i feel like my suburban 1/4 place now is like living in a downstairs apartment in the ghetto. I need to see more trees than people tofeel safe these days. :evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree::palm_tree::cactus:

hash in the morning coffee, left on the filter again

5 Likes

How do you keep the birds off of the blackberries @99PerCent? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I know this will come off as plain batty, but I make no effort to keep the animals from feeding in my yard.

I live in suburbia and their lives are hell.

They can eat all they like.

I always get a taste.

6 Likes

That’s good news @Ttystikk bro you can breathe easy now. I know this has hung over you a while

2 Likes

Hey bro @99PerCent. Good morning to you! How should I train my raspberry bush? Horizontally? Straight up? This is my first berry experience. :cowboy_hat_face:

Typically, raspberrys are vigorous and will spread throughout an area. In very early spring, or during the cold of winter, they can be pruned back, once they have begun to spread. Generally, I take out the very long reaching branches and dig out the new plants annually. I threw away 6 or 8 very healthy clumps of Thorn-less Black Raspberries last weekend.

I see you are near the foundation. The roots may seek shelter inside your home.

3 Likes