What did you accomplish today?

Who knows? I’m just glad it happened after vacation and not before

2 Likes

Did my second vacuum wash and spray on the flower tent as the mites seem to be in only this tent. So far. I have one plant in the tent finishing and battling these fuckin’ bugs. Using Neem Oil and disease and mite control alternating. I don’t like spraying flowering plants but I am careful to focus on underside of leaves. When I can chop this girl, I’ll do one more genocide operation and put the tent back in business with regular preventative treatment. This has been a PIA for sure! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

squish back on

4 Likes

@argo945
…is that whole-bud squished through coffee-filter?

:evergreen_tree:

nah that coffee filter is for straining my kief coconut oil
I pre press bud in a pollen press some times with a kief center (like this squish) hench the darker color the kief puts off and I squish pretty hot like gasp 230 it get the goo out quick while the temp is fairly constant i just dont stay on it longer that 40 sec at those temps the weed acts as a filter so the sand doesn’t get out (when I do it right.) bags suck when on a small scale.

3 Likes

Got this 300lb beast into the basement!
I should qualify - a full 7.5’ basement of a 1950s home with narrow doorways and stairwells that would make a modern building inspector walk away.

…and my upload is stuck lol I guess you dont get to see the beast

Edit: there she be…

10 Likes

So glad I didn’t have to do that. I’d be putting chain-hoists & I-beams & trolleys on the ceiling or chainsawing through the dining room floor… :slight_smile:

:sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Wood burning stove?? I’m glad you had the sense to remove the door to lighten the weight a little :+1: I used to fit them for a living. Heavy is an understatement :laughing:

3 Likes

Every little bit helps! Removed door, removed fire brick from the inside… still heavy as all get-up… I’m hoping that on a slow burn I can keep the basement warmer overnight; my office is there and so are the plants.

1 Like

What’s the kW and how big is the room?

1 Like

45000BTU on EPA “test wood”, 70000BTU on seasoned cordwood. The space I’m hearing is about 800 square feet. Plus some will go upstairs too, which would be nice to help with the house heating.

My father in law had this in his house up north for 6 years now, bought the house with it. He upgraded to a catalytic so they dont have to feed it as often. This one is still nice, airtight. This is the only sticker i can find on it.

2 Likes

That’s 13kw. 5kw is enough to heat a UK standard 3 bed house. Heat rises so obviously it gonna be warmer upstairs. Ffs buy a carbon monoxide tester if you plan on installing it yourself mate. And burn hard wood such as ash :+1:

3 Likes

CO tester, yes will do. Also an extra smoke alarm i think. There isn’t one in the basement at the moment.
Yes i will install myself. I had the chimney rebuilt about a year and a half ago (just never got around to procuring a stove, until one fell on my lap so to speak) - masonry, it was leaning, so they took it apart, replaced the ceramic lining, rebuilt and swept the lower portion. I think i’m good.

I guess the thing is a beast then, way more than i need. Price was right :wink:

I have a good supply of birch, western red maple, and english laurel to use as firewood. Ash is hard to come by over here. Most people burn spruce-pine-fir, whatever grows on crown land though.

2 Likes

Ash oak. No pallets or treated pine. I’d fit a liner if possible. Carbon monoxide has no smell and it rise then fills the room from ceiling to floor so tester best positioned above head hight. It’s a silent killer. Please be careful

3 Likes

That’s an awesome stove @HappyHemper. I can relate on the 50’s house. My house was built in 1948. The doorways are so small that I had to take out my front Windows to have my couches delivered. They wouldn’t make it through the doors. Don’t even get me started on the refrigerator lol

2 Likes

Packaging up more deer for the freezer. Going to braise a big rear shank for supper. When I am done here I’ll be winterizing the trailer.

7 Likes

Oh I sure will be. Cleaned out the traps, checked the flue, connected the black pipe. Test fire successful. No smoke out the chimney once up to temp.

Me likely.

12 Likes

The nicest one I ever fitted. I can see one in my future at some point :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

That truly is a gorgeous appliance! Mine is in the basement so doesn’t have to be pretty. One of these would kick ass in my living room.

1 Like

The flames alone make them pretty :+1:

1 Like