What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 2)

Thanks. Rare is as low as I can go :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve become more obsessed with beef than I’ve ever been since getting my stuff from a farm. I used to get all my shit at Costco but I don’t think I can go back now. My favourite butcher in my city was the place that introduced me and I just eventually went to the source. The entire thing (half cow) was dry aged for 35+ days. I might be able to handle a bit more than that but the super long dry aged stuff is a little too funky for my taste. Shit is grass fed and finished on peas and barley which I’d never heard of before. Been searing all my steak with rendered beef fat that I made from trimming a bunch of stuff including a lot of brisket so it has a nice beefy flavour. It goes nice with everything but especially tenderloin since it has less flavour but is insanely tender. I was frying my fries in it too but I ran out :sob: sooo good lol.

7 Likes

I did a job on a roof of an Indian confectionery company and he gave me a 5kg bag of spicy Bombay mix. Its unreal but totally addictive. Once you start eating it you can’t stop.

14 Likes

I like Bombay mix gives me mad heartburn

1 Like

Yeah a “well hung steak” to me is a little weird. I’ve seen well hung 28 day hung steaks that are starting to turn green. Uncle is a butcher and I buy all my meat from him and he tells me if it’s good or not. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I love it also. Next morning causes a major issue though :rofl:

2 Likes

The place I work in we specialize in dried age meat,you buy a $500 piece of meat we age
It for you and keep your meat rent
free :sweat_smile: when you want a steak cut off it you ring us up,I’ve seen 7 -8 month dry age meat it’s nasty smells like cheese
We have to do a lot of trimming to it to get all the nasty stuff off it at that age,the older it gets the more we have to cut off it,

You kinda losing money unless you eat it at the 4-5 month stage it’s still got that dry age taste and smell to it

I don’t eat it,been a butcher 20 years off and on when I went to do other things with my life :sweat_smile: always go back to being a butcher it’s a dying trade

7 Likes

Bro if it’s not red then it’s definitely long past dead :rofl:
I like to slice into my steak and see a red River not slime :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Like my steak well done like my burgers :rofl: worked in slaughterhouses in Ireland durning mad cow disease slaughter house would get money for killing the sick cows

After that I didn’t eat much meat again lol only reason I’ve been eating meat lately is because got sick and my taste went away and never came back :thinking: it’s terrible

4 Likes

Are you Scottish, you use a lot of colloquial Scottish names for things, like neeps and tatties.

3 Likes

We have a Christmas dinner on Christmas eve, the wife is a great roast dinner maker.

So I had veggie burger Wellington with mushrooms and cheese sauce in it.

Paxo stuffing, little roast potatoes, carrots, peas and Yorkshire puds.

The wife had chicken ad we gave the turkey to my bro in law as they all have colds/omnicrom and didn’t want to come around as usual.

Had a really nice Rose wine from the Okenawan valley made by Gray Monk not really into rose wine but this was amazing, highly recommend it to any Canuks that can get it.

We had some great cheese and the piece de resistance, Eaton Mess, Meringue whipped cream and raspberries in 4 layers with keto chocky nut clusters sprinkled on top :heart_eyes::yum:

I had stomach ache this morning I ate so much, no diet anything goes for the next 3 days lol.

15 Likes

My partner is Scottish/British, I worked with a brit from Hackney for 5 years, and growing up in my hood in tdot there were a healthy mix of irish and scottish friends. :smiley:

Funny enough my ex was irish/danish as she LOVED her Scotch. I joined her at tastings and she drank my portions because I’m a non drinker. I’d ask for a black coffee, slide my drams over to her and the hostess would turn to my ex and tell her: “he’s a keeper”. :rofl:

We’re still great friends once it was understood we’re better friends than partners :smiley:

@Shadey , this is the most food I’ve ever heard you to consume! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

First breakfast at 9.30am in about 5 months.

Veggy sausages, mushrooms, and egg on toast.

Mrs Shadey has just cracked the sparkly wine open at 10.40 am I will probably be asleep by 1pm, definitely if I crack this Maple Whiskey from Quebec open at lunchtime.

15 Likes

Xmas breakfast

13 Likes

Christmas dinner glazed ham w brussel sprouts in a balsamic fig glaze yams and tried the string beans wrapped in bacon :yum:

11 Likes

Christmas eve supper, nothing fancy…

12 Likes

Teriyaki for Christmas dinner. Ate way too much food at the family’s on the eve.

14 Likes

No photos cause we ate it all lol

But my wife made, Baked Butterball Turkey, Stuffing, Potatoes & Peas for Christmas dinner with pickles & cheese on side plate. Yummy.

7 Likes

Tenderloin on the Q.

13 Likes

Rubbed 1/2 pound of Kerry gold on that meat before cooking it lol
Pretty simple dinner

18 Likes

16 Likes