What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 1)

That does look good.

22 Likes

are you gonna eat all those yourself?

6 Likes

Haha, I wish. That big ass tray was for my buddy+his family who live down the street. They are all stuffed now :stuck_out_tongue:

I figure I might as well share / make bigger batches since thereā€™s gonna be a bunch of dishes either way.

5 Likes

Jā€™Accuseā€¦!

That sirā€¦ is NOT cheese curd!!

Proper poutine must have fresh cheese curdā€¦
Thatā€™s the squeaky kind ā€¦ not the old non-squeaky crap they sell in Ontario.

:laughing: :+1:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

ā€¦And you would be?..

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I never make poutine with curds anymore. Always have cheddar never have curds. Mineā€™s Better than ā€œtraditionalā€ anyways :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (I live near Quebec too.) I know, blasphemy.

Edit: I actually live relatively close to the St albert cheese coop where a lot of places get their curds from and I still donā€™t buy it haha. I do buy their cheese though.

As far as I know authentic Quebec poutine is a mix of beef and chicken stock. I prefer one or the other. I also like my fries a bit thinner/longer vs thick and stubby. I find the vast majority of places nowadays donā€™t even make a proper stock from bones and just use the powdered crap but still charge a price like it was made from bones. I also peel my potatoes completely and cook in either beef or pork fat. I double fry my fries, with the first step being longer than usual to get extra soft and pillowy + crisp. As I find the fries from some places arenā€™t cooked all the way.

Iā€™m a picky mofo, thereā€™s some ā€œaward winningā€ poutine places nearby that I donā€™t even like at all :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™ve def had some good ones but when I think of the best poutine Iā€™ve ever had Iā€™d have to tell ya it was one I made myself and that surprisingly includes QC. And the funny thing is most things Iā€™d tell ya Iā€™m shit at but trust me this ā€œpoutineā€ is some good sheet :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe Iā€™ll start calling mine boutine :smile:

5 Likes

Round 2 :rofl: wife brought me this home tonight

Itā€™s a workout eating these

8 Likes

Supper timeā€¦ran outa skewers again, so I had to resort to plan Bā€¦worked out well if you ask me.

14 Likes

Wild-crafted, Blue-Raspberry jam. :hushed:
Strawberries, preserved in their own heavy syrup. :flushed:

Toasted Hamburger Bun, because Iā€™m too lazy to make biscuits

Oh my god, I could realistically be the first person to die from eating too many strawberries.

12 Likes

I love strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, not keen on blackberries since I gorged myself on them as a kid and threw up everything lol.

My home made Samosas tonight, they came out well, I got seven with the left over mix. They taste really good, just added some frozen peas to the mix for authenticity.

I baked them in the oven, they got a little out of shape, I need to adjust the filling to make a proper triangle.

I am making more tomorrow with chicken for the wife and less hot peppers, I think I will deep fry them to see the if they come out like store bought.

Not bad for a zero carbs filling removing the regular potato and replacing with the cauliflower, sweet potato and turnip mix, and just a couple of grams of carbs in the philo pastry :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

This is so good, nice job!

1 Like

11 Likes

Iā€™ve been eating these I have to stop

2 Likes

We shouldā€¦. we probably willā€¦ when fall is over :smirk: BESIDES. apples are healthy :joy:

2 Likes

4 Likes

That looks delicious. Granny Smith apple?

1 Like

Hey how are you? You getting ready for for the fun.

1 Like

a little snack.

11 Likes

Not too bad, you referring to Halloween? I am definitely stoked for that. Love seeing all the kids in costumes. Super cute.

1 Like