What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

Nothing fancy tonight…

Beyond beef burger…vegan

9 Likes

How’s the beyond beef

4 Likes

I didn’t eat any…my vegan future ex girlfriend ate it…she also ate some of my vegetables I made with my chicken…she offered to make me a burger but I declined her offer…that beyond beef is expensive $10 per pound…

5 Likes

@anon98660487 I remember @Shadey posting that the beyond beef was good.

2 Likes

That looks good, is it a burger or a beef joint substitute, it looks a lot bigger than the burgers. There stuff is pretty good compared to the competition, but also expensive.

2 Likes

Sausages, then cooked the egg in the same pan. This took years off my life, but Uhg so good and also just one of those pesky, in diapers, nursing home years. :drooling_face:

6 Likes

Well it looked like regular ground beef to me…she made a burger patty and added chopped onions, bell pepper and garlic into the patty…I cooked it on the grill for her and she wanted vegan cheese on it…I have to admit it actually looked good and like a regular burger…

8 Likes

@PhilCuisine - This may have been asked and answered already, so sorry to repeat…BUT - gotta know. :slight_smile:

Is cooking just a hobby for you? Or did you do this professionally in life at some point or current? Your stuff and the presentation always is awesome.

How did you pick this up? If just a hobby how do you find the recipes? Online? Shared? Mad scientist? :rofl:

2 Likes

OK, not tried the mince version myself. I may get some to play with, I am always playing with my food. :joy:

We’re you scared to try it incase it turned you veggy :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

No, not a pro chef…but I do have 2 buddies who are pro chefs in Chicago… When I lived in Chicago I would go out and eat at fine restaurants all the time and never/hardely cooked…Theres a post here about how I started cooking when I moved to a small town town of 700 people…A lot of these dishes are dishes from my childhood, my mom was the best cook…as far as recipes sometimes I just pimp out regular foods, that’s what most chefs do…As far as presentation I learned that from the fine restaurants that I have been to and from the food network…

Check this out…This is pork knuckles and feet…in America people would pickle this or smoke it for slow cooking with beans in a crock pot…but not me…I boiled it till it was tender then deep fried it…just add a dipping sauce usually vinegar based.

BTW, this is called Crispy Pata and is served at Filipino Restaurants in Chicago but you have to give them a 2 days advance if you want to order it…

13 Likes

Random question and please decline if too intrusive, but are you by chance Filipino?

1 Like

fried bologna and salad dressing sandwiches

10 Likes

I’ve never had bologna before lol

2 Likes

Pizza night and horror movies

14 Likes

Paws knows how to fry up bologna! :+1:
The sign of a true connoisseur… :hugs:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Ehh, it’s a childhood camp favorite.

3 Likes

@anon98660487 you’re missing out with the bologna

4 Likes

I too had pizza last night…heres my homemade veggie, garlic, figs and pork belly pizza…first time putting figs & pork belly on a pizza…it was great…btw, for people who don’t know, the best way to reheat a pizza is on the stove top frying pan…I use a rectangle cast iron camp grill over my 2 stove top burners.

13 Likes

That looks so yummy! :drooling_face:

Some good advice about the grill too. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

A lot of people reheat their pizza in the microwave or oven… But an old Italian pizza maker 40+ years ago in the Little Italy neighborhood of Chicago told me that reheating your pizza in a frying pan is the best way, he was right folks. Any pan will do but a cast iron pan is the best and you dont even have to use any oil…give it a shot, what do you have to lose?..you can always use the microwave if you don’t like it.

13 Likes