What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

Panang beef and chocolate and lime
Muffins and lemon grass and
Ginger bread

10 Likes

Good Morning all…

Breakfast at Work☕

11 Likes

That meal looks great, I was going to ask what the recipe is for the tandoori mushrooms but it looks like you are at a restaurant.

3 Likes

@Shadey I wish I knew too mate, we order it every time we go there it’s really amazing. I think just the fact it’s cooked in a tandoori oven makes it hard to replicate. It’s stuffed with cottage cheese and cashews. The other dishes are black lentil Dahl and a mushroom Matar with garlic naan and all the chutneys, really good

4 Likes

9 Likes

I could see the paneer cheese, so it has cashews as well, it was probably a tandoori Masala spice mix and what looks like what they coat cauliflower with for Gobi 65. I will have a look online.

Had a big curry night last night. Had friends around, and did 3 different ones, Mushroom Keema, Butter Chicken and some Pani Purri with a sweet and sour date and tamarind chutney.

2 Likes

@Shadey I’m sure they were stoked, sounds like quite the feast and all super tasty dishes. That chutney sounds amazing, did you make it? I love tamarind, it makes amazing juice too. They love it down here, I’m actually working at the Tamarindo(tamarind) night market tonight.

4 Likes

Tamarindo Costa Rica? I really hurt myself surfing playa langosta.

Tamarind juice always reminded me of iced tea. Very nice, if a little tannic.

4 Likes

I made a turkey for my buddy’s bar and he said he was gonna have all the sides dishes…got to drop this off now so I can start making my dinner and it won’t be turkey…

10 Likes

Yes I did make it myself, added a bit too much sugar for my taste following the recipe, I didnt think the dates would be so sweet, but I put in some apple cider vinegar and a bit more tamarind to reduce the sweetness and it came out perfect when mixed with the pani purri.

2 Likes

What’s with the valve? To let steam escape?

3 Likes

So you can pump it up to make it look bigger lol.

2 Likes

They sell them at highly inflated prices this time of year.

3 Likes

I think it’s a tempreture thing that pops up when it’s done.

3 Likes

In America it’s called a pop-up timer…it pops up when your turkey is done and at the right temperature…I guess it’s an American thing…:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yes mate or Tamagringo as it’s dubbed

I love that beach, I surf it regularly. Were you surfing or diving for lobster haha… sorry bad surfer joke when someone slams on a wave, fitting for the beach name too.

Had the plato tĂ­pico while out in Liberia yesterday, this time got that salty crema you mentioned the other day and that queso frito.

11 Likes

Yeah. I went to langosta because the main beach was packed with longboard missiles. Had a bitch of a time getting across the rivermouth.

I ripped a 3” gash in my foot and had to clean out the sand with guaro and tweezers. Not pleasant.

That typico looks amazing. The best I can do up here is a Salvadoran place that’s really quite good especially for a pupusa fix.

3 Likes

Yeah mate Tama is longboard barney central haha

That river mouth is gnarly, had to carry my daughter across it one day on a huge swell… it wasn’t fun. Get a few crocs floating up it too

Love a papusa, really enjoyed El Salvador too when I visited in 2012. I should really get back there at some point

2 Likes

It’s probably been about that long since I’ve been to El Salvador too.

I witnessed a local surf contest (I didn’t participate because I’m not that good and conditions were fierce). You know it’s bad when the locals bow out. Fuerte.

Caught a few though :+1:

2 Likes

Also, fondue

12 Likes