What do you pay for lab tests?

Anyone who has their crop tested, about what do you pay per tests? Been looking at labs and found $50-$200 for basically the same potency and terpene results. Not worried about pesticides & hazmat stuff.

It’s not for commercial sale, it’s just curiosity for personal breeds. Used like a yardstick with my work compared to other cultivars is all.

9 Likes

In new england we pay 40 for potency and 40 for terpenes.

4 Likes

Fortunate to have MCR labs in MA. Similar pricing to what @Bostonbud has noted. Inexpensive relatively.

1 Like

I have had good experiences with this place, for sex identification testing. (located in So. Cal, I think)

https://deltaleaflabs.com/services/thc-cbd/

2 Likes

Their looking for terps not sex :grin:

Lab out here will do potency and terpenes for $35 each.

I’m probably going to start picking my favorite plant from grows and doing it each time. I’m really excited to just get data on seeded plants especially!

Yeah about $50 for a potency only test sounds about right. I actually haven’t had anything tested in several years though.

I had looked at them before and was warned off by a buddy. He kind of referred to them as “part of the patent police” effort to ‘blueprint’ cultivars for future patent work. Whether or not that is true I have no idea - but I seem to barely remember that someone else warned me away from them; but like the first mention I have no frigging idea what the warning was – so it might be unfair to point bad at them.

Sounds like MA has a sweet spot but I don’t know anyone there. Used to run the first and only hydro store in MA (Worcester) long ago but cut those ties long ago. Don’t think that anyone there would even remember me. Rats!

1 Like