What does everyone feed in coco?

Definitely noticed an increase in sulfur leading to stinkier plants.

5 Likes

While not in coco I started using potassium sulfate with Jackā€™s 321 mid to late flower and that seemed to have created good smelling buds. I struggled with smell for a while. I donā€™t use the mgso4 but I should. This 100% indica Iā€™m running seems to be a mag whore.

Iā€™m just paying attention to this thread as I want to learn coco for summers so I can ditch my chillers

5 Likes

great reading gents! cool to know that the sulfur is likely a big culprit for the difference in smell. almost tempted to do a run with the jacks and see.

in what form(s) can sulfur be specifically added without tipping anything else too much?

i process all my trim and some of my flower into rosin, so maximizing terps is a big deal to me personally.

3 Likes

I found the ingredient list for Peterā€™s:

1. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS

Ingredients CAS-No Weight %
Potassium Nitrate, KNO3 7757-79-1 30-60
Magnesium sulphate anhydrous, MgSO4 7487-88-9 30-60
Potassium phosphate, KH2PO4 7778-77-0 10-30
Iron EDTA, Fe-EDTA 15708-41-5 1-5
Manganese-EDTA 15375-84-5 0.1-0.5
Boric Acid, H3BO3 10043-35-3 0.1-0.5
Zinc-EDTA, Zn-EDTA 14025-21-9 0.1-0.5
Copper-EDTA, Cu-EDTA 14025-15-1 0.1-0.5
Ammonium Heptamolybdate Tetrahydrate,
H24Mo7N6O24 Ā· 4H2O
12054-85-2 <0.1

And V+B:
Calcium Nitrate :heavy_check_mark:
Potassium Nitrate :heavy_check_mark:
Potassium Sulfate
Mono Potassium Phosphate :heavy_check_mark:
Magnesium Sulfate :heavy_check_mark:
Borax (Boric Acid) :heavy_check_mark:
Iron EDTA :heavy_check_mark:
Manganese EDTA :heavy_check_mark:
Ammonium Molybdate :heavy_check_mark:(?)

So basically the only ingredient 321 doesnā€™t use is potassium sulfate. I was wrong about ammonium sulfate ā€“ itā€™s not in either. Interesting that @SquirtleSquadā€™s experience with using potassium sulfate seemed to have a positive impact. Hmmmmā€¦

2 Likes

Too much ammoniacal nitrogen isnā€™t good for use in hydro.

This was a one grow experiment with the K2SO4, but itā€™s definitely part of my nutrient line up moving forward.

K is great mid to late flower as is S and P demands are low so I figured why not try it in place of MKP

2 Likes

Cannabis can take lots of S. I was using 2.7g/gal Jackā€™s 5-12-26 and 1.2g/gal CaNO3 and 0.5g/gal K2SO4 as my end flower ratio mixed to my desired feed level.

It worked for that strain.

1 Like

Iā€™m confused how V+B gets 1% ammoniacal nitrogen from ammonium molybdateā€¦ thereā€™s like 0.001% molybdenum. Iā€™m not sure how much I trust their label. Where else would it come from?

1 Like

Maybeā€¦or maybe itā€™s weighted different.

Iā€™ve tried a lot of different nutrients over the years. GH, Ionic, Dynagro, Heavy 16, cultured solutions, chem-gro dry ferts and now Jackā€™s.

Jackā€™s has been my favorite. Though once Iā€™m done with my 25# bag Iā€™m going to buy individual salts and mix them up. While the 321 is easily modified, there are limitations involved where you canā€™t add too much of something without adding more of something else. The 321 keeps a nice 4:2:1 balance between K:Ca:Mg which are big antagonists to other vital nutrients

1 Like

lol really? iā€™ve never heard that myselfā€¦ megacrop itself smells like, uhm, natural ā€˜fertilizerā€™, so maybe if you were drying or curing your cannabis right beside your container of megacrop lmao ā€¦ but naw my canna tastes great, better than the stuff i grew with maxibloom but i think that was a curing issueā€¦ they used to have a free 230g sample bag. hereā€™s the ingredients etc. i buy the RO water with trace minerals added back in but just for drinking lol too expensive for my plants (2$ per 5 gallon)

its 6.5% calcium and 1.9% magnesium

1 Like

I emailed greenleaf the other day and they said they will have samples to ship in a few weeks. Iā€™m pretty excited to try it out. As for the flavor issue, this has never been proven by myself personally, as I have never knowingly smoked bud grown with mc, this is just what people have told me on other forums when I have asked. I trust your opinion and most others on this forum before any other forum lol, so Iā€™m definitely giving it a go!

is that RIU? i know they have a pretty big thread over there, i donā€™t really follow it closely though

1 Like

You hit the nail square on the head lol!

I post there occasionally cause of the barneys best to worst thread. For all us disgruntled barneys bean buyers lol!

1 Like

i think lots of us have accounts on RIU ā€¦ itā€™s good for LED tech and stuff ā€¦ was the first site i registered on but been less active on it lately, mostly the canadian medical sectionā€¦

i think iā€™m going to have to buy soil instead of coco this grow ā€¦ i do have ten 5g pots already filled with coco/perlite from my last grow that iā€™m going to re-use ā€¦ maybe that will keep my going until i can buy more coco ā€¦ i really donā€™t like how long soil stays wet ā€¦ i like to be able to feed every day or 2 :grin:

2 Likes

I think Iā€™m registered on at least 5 other forums besides this one, but this is my home. I used to grow in soil for years, but recently switched to coco. This is my second run. Iā€™m really digging the growth and root development when everything is running right. Iā€™m hoping a more complete nute regimen will improve grows, thatā€™s why Iā€™m betting on the mc!

I was just wondering if you run mc straight through veg and flower? Someone above said it wasnā€™t a complete feed as advertised, and switched up to a more bloom based feed during flowering.

i run it straight through flower with no issues, this was my last run at day 49 from flip
i think i peaked out at about 15g/gal of megacrop though, donā€™t think iā€™ve seen many other people go over 5g which is what i feed my seedlings, so if youā€™re trying to feed that in flower youā€™ll probably see some def.

6 Likes

Now Iā€™m really excited! Super frosty!

well, thats probably ~95% geneticsā€¦ i might try adding pond enzymes from walmart with my next run

has anyone ever used the cheap pond enzymes?

2 Likes

I have the pond enzyme in my cart on Amazon, but never pulled the trigger. I guy on one of the forums adapted the 6/9 formula to use the enzyme and a couple other things like barley malt extract. He said it kind of acted like roots elixer or accelerator or some shit like that. He ended up dropping it because he said he found something that worked all together better than the 6/9 formula, and then never posted again or at least not under the same name lol! By the way what are those genetics if you donā€™t mind?

1 Like