What does everyone feed in coco?

I’ve been waiting for someone to give a definitive answer on that one too.

3 Likes

Interesting thread this, pond enzymes are new to me, tadpoles in the res tank might be fun :laughing:

Think i’ll stick with mineral based nutes for a little while longer though :grin:

2 Likes

I’m going to try a formula based on veg+boom NPK,Ca,Mg and S amounts. I found another post on a different forum suggesting good results using the Jack’s 321 formula adding ammonium nitrate an and potassium silicate, which actually produced numbers pretty close to veg bloom, and similar to what I posted above. But I modified the amounts to be a little closer to veg bloom. Here’s what I’m going to try, and I’ll update with results soon:

Peters 5-11-26. 2.8g
Calcinit. 2.4g
Epsom. 0.6g
Ammonium sulfate. 0.25g
Potassium silicate. 0.25g

Since potassium silicate is strongly also alkaline and ammonium sulfate is acidic, I’m hoping they balance each other without requiring much pH adjustment.

4 Likes

This makes me wanna start mixing my own salts!

I highly recommend messing around with HydroBuddy. It’s a free program, and not half bad either. Takes some time to figure out how to use it, but it’s extremely useful to understand once you get it down.

I just got my order of ammonium sulfate on friday, and mixed up a batch using my imitation veg+bloom recipe above. So far so good… we’ll see how the plants like it pretty soon.

3 Likes

Awesome! Let us know how it goes. I’ll check out that hydrobuddy. I bought a bag of maxibloom yesterday out of desperation lol, I hope it’s an improvement over the heads formula with gh nutes.

@casperdeigh
Are u still using canna
And if so, how do u conquer the cal mag needs.
I feel I’m always using to little but I’m curious what others are doing.
I use cal magi usually.
Knowing canna has 45 ppm cal for every 200 ppm AanB I usually try to hit the 150 combined between the Caan nutes an cali magi
Any guidance :pray: would be much Appreciated.

1 Like

I use water directly from the tap that has plenty of calcium already in it so I add a little Epsom salt to cover the magnesium but only if the plants show that it’s needed.

Ok
I’m using R.o water
I live in Norco an it is a farm community so from all the dairy farms that were here surrounding in the past have alot of crap that leaches in the water.
My ph is 7.5 an ppm of 500 so I have to filter it

1 Like

Calmag isn’t always required bro. Yes it shows up more often in Coco and other forms of hydroponic media but unless the plants are showing a calcium or magnesium deficiency you don’t need to add it. Most nutrient companies do a specific Coco feed that has increased levels of calmag within it. :+1:

1 Like

I used to use GH MaxiGro/Bloom and (Going to say the dirty word here) have been using Miracle Gro 24-8-16 and Rapidgrow 15-30-15 along with some Epson. Just local garden store stuff and seem to be growing fine. Was in coco but trying some soil with the current run. Watering is different, loved just water and watch for runoff.

2 Likes

Well I can’t just run plain r.o in coco
Even with canna .
But yes I try to use the min
Thats why i am curious of others experience with similar grows

1 Like

Learning the led is also a curve on its own.
After only using my an hps.
Thanks for any input guys

2 Likes

So with regular seeds how many would you start to make sure you get a girl?

1 Like

I like to start three seeds for every female I expect.

2 Likes