What forum did you start doing grow diaries on Back in the Day! I'll Start!

I started on a site called thecannacabana like 16 years ago. My screen name was myoneplant MOP for short. I learned how to grow from a guy named Loran he showed me so much and one of my first test grows for one of his crosses. PacJackMama grown with a dual mode 400 watt coil ballast and my first grow space a wardrobe closet from homedepot. Lots of subcool crosses were hot… Baby teeth baby grows of dank. 7928pmj1-med 7928pmj3-med 7928pmj-med If I remember correctly it was a pacific G13xJacks Cleaner

20 Likes

SOG’s misty bubble Dec 2007

9 Likes

sorry thats not

JTR

7 Likes

above was JTR

3 Likes

My first journal was on this version of og despite hanging out on the old one in the early 00s. My early interest certainly had me better prepared than a lot of new growers.

6 Likes

Back before it was legal

5 Likes

It was called Cannabis Culture, IRC #smokers_lounge and ICQ for the mid to late 90s THEN Cannabis World, Pre 2000 OG and Marijuana.com

5 Likes

way back i wrote each grow in to a journal. where i would write down different results from nutrients, to light distance and highlighted good strains
yup i was using paper, this was before i had a cell phone, i wouldn’t have ever took pictures cause youd have to get it on film and then you take that chance on getting caught, i did find a few notebooks from back then id have to find them.
my first ever online was on grow diaries, but even then it took me awhile to get going on that, i knew of og way back but i hardly posted cause i was learning, then life happened and i found og again, but did put a few on the diaries and still do.
back then when you found a grow friend you kind of stuck together so to say , im sure like a lot of folks on here know what i mean

7 Likes

My first grow log was on the original og site. All I had was some bagseed and some user sent me some lowryder auto seeds. I grew those out in a small closet under a 400 watt hps. Good times.

9 Likes

It was a little sight you might have heard of…overgrow.com. Back then, it had over 300,000 members. I was lucky to have stumbled upon it when I first started growing. I was also lucky to connect to a fellow that some of you might’ve heard of, an older guy who lived in Montana and drove a Corvette. His name was “BushyOlderGrower”.

When the original overgrow was shut down and seized, I never even bothered to check out other sites. I kept to myself for the next decade, but am grateful that @LemonadeJoe brought it back. I missed you guys!

10 Likes

My first grow pictures were posted to OG, some time around the turn of the century…

When OG went dark, I posted some on IC mag for a short while. Long enough to realize I’d been gyped on seeds, by the gypsy-

Then I posted on breedbay, till I decided to pull the plug, and eject…

5 Likes

My first one was on icmag mid 2000’s shoirtly after the original overgrow was raided. I eventually deactivated the account. I did this a couple times because I’d get super high and paranoid living in a prohibition state and get the feeling feds were going to kick down my door. I only had a few plants though. Good times!

6 Likes

Pot TV forums, before finding legacy OG

2003ish

3 Likes

Grasscity 2004

4 Likes

I wouldn’t call it a grow diary, but I did first start talking to other growers on the Michigan medical marihuana forums. And at first, no one would reply back. I had to prove myself before I would get any love. Some guy told me “your input is not needed or wanted here”. So I got into an argument, and proved a point. I grew bigger colas with a 90w 7band ufo led than the guy did with a 1000w led. Lol. Then I made some friends. I was Slappy if you want to check my facts.

As for Loran, he’s a legendary breeder in Michigan. He produced so much fire. He stopped breeding because of the big C. I believe it was brain cancer. There was a couple benefit auctions and seed sales for him, and I snagged a pack of his seeds. You’re lucky to have had any amount of time with him. Like I said before , he’s a legendary breeder.

7 Likes

My fist grow was on ICMag in 2015. I probably spent two years researching before I even grew.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuana-growing/grow-diaries/309807-reikox-s-first-grow

10 Likes

Oh lord… Rollitup started it for me… Pretty glad I found this place when I did lol

10 Likes

My First grow was here on OG,After Reading for some days…Crazy as fuck,I bought random equipment and started very quickly…I had couple of grams…but lot of knowdoledge.I got 10-15 Grams perfectly cured, very smelly buds that smell Better than everything I have ever felt with my nose.It was a Buddha seeds Medikit Auto.I still got It for my mom when she has aches.It was a mess growing It…my thread says It all…lol what a noobie I am

7 Likes

My first plant I grew was mids. Lol. Afghan kush x skunk. Prolly chopped early. No one told me about a trichome yet. Harsh as hell, didn’t know what a flush was. It sat in a drawer for several months, before I pawned it onto someone else. Bahaha! So that’s awesome your first experience was a good one. I was actually ashamed of my own flowers for a few years at least. :clap:

4 Likes

But,you learnt a lesson and some knowdoledge.I think knowdoledge Is everything and priceless my friend,because nez time you are going to do It Better, even 1% Better,It s still Better than before.IMO.

6 Likes